What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who has the most Annoying Fans? (1 Viewer)

NCAA Football

• Alabama

Votes: 57 23.9%
  • USC

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Florida

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Texas

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • FSU

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 43 18.1%

• Total voters

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Only could include four questions, but would like to add hockey & NCAA basketball in a future poll to find out which fan base is by far the most unbearable. In the case of other, please leave the team you think it should be.

We'll take the winners from each sport and then do another poll to find out the worst of the worst.

We'll take the winners from each sport and then do another poll to find out the worst of the worst.
If Liverpool win the EPL this season as seems likely, we'll be subjected to an annoying fan level, accompanied by a media wankfest, that will exponentially exceed all previous annoying fan metrics in human experience. Imagine being in Boston in a year when the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins and Celtics all won championships, then multiply the annoying level by at least 10.

Maybe it is because I am from VA, but I think VA Tech fans are the worst. Every year they act like they are going to win the national championship. Even with a cupcake schedule, they have never done so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it is because I am from VA, but I think VA Tech fans are the worst. Every year they act like they are going to win the national championship. Even with a cupcake schedule, they have never done so.
They are definitely the worst in our state. I still vividly remember them losing to lowly JMU a few years back, and all the "we'll give you this one" responses they had.

Cowboys & Lakers dishonorable mention can't really take either seriously since their current teams are irrelevant.

CletiusMaximus said:
fantasycurse42 said:
If Liverpool win the EPL this season as seems likely, we'll be subjected to an annoying fan level, accompanied by a media wankfest, that will exponentially exceed all previous annoying fan metrics in human experience. Imagine being in Boston in a year when the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins and Celtics all won championships, then multiply the annoying level by at least 10.
Chel$ki fans are always so meek and unassuming in the years that they've bought a title. Totally not obnoxious at all.

Braves fans need to be on there. Same goes for Dr D's suggestion of generic SEC fan.

Prob. should also be more than two NBA entries. Knicks, Celtics and Pacers fans are worse than Heat fans for sure. Could also make a case for Blazers and Spurs, depending on what kind of stuff annoys you. Neither is arrogant or dooshy but they're both very sensitive/overprotective. I don't mind it but lots of other NBA fans hate it.

I'm a Yankee fan, and I vote Yankees. Too many fans think not winning the World Series is a failure of a season - should just appreciate the success they've had.

Not sure how the Yankees fans dont win this in a landslide, at the very least for baseball.
IMO...Red Sox fans have overtaken them. Probably just from the annoyance that is Bill Simmons.

They basically became the same as Yankess fans after whining about them for years. Makes them worse to me.

Braves fans need to be on there. Same goes for Dr D's suggestion of generic SEC fan.

Prob. should also be more than two NBA entries. Knicks, Celtics and Pacers fans are worse than Heat fans for sure. Could also make a case for Blazers and Spurs, depending on what kind of stuff annoys you. Neither is arrogant or dooshy but they're both very sensitive/overprotective. I don't mind it but lots of other NBA fans hate it.
There only seems to be a strong contigent of Braves fans when they are good enough to win something.

There only seems to be a strong contigent of Braves fans when they are good enough to win something.
Perhaps. All I know is that I thought it was bad when the Phillies were dominating the NL East, but I was so very wrong. When you long for the days when you had to put up with Philadelphia sports fans, that's saying something.

At the risk of generalizing, going to live in Boston when my wife went to school made me loathe Boston sports fans. I actually arrived in town a Red Sox fan and left hoping someone would nuke Fenway from orbit.

Cardinals fans - I find it incredibly annoying that a set of fans would dub themselves the best fans in sports. Their "the Cardinal way is the only right way to play baseball" schtick is pretty bad, too. Runner up: Giant fan.

Generic SEC fan would take the cake if an option, but I went with Southern Cal fans because they are next most annoying.

Also, Cowboy fans (second for me would be Niner fans) and Other for the NBA. Laker fans are great. Kobe fans are annoying, though. I've never met or seen a Heat fan, other than the few that are on TV. Don't they struggle to sell out?

CletiusMaximus said:
fantasycurse42 said:
You think Pool fans are worse than the Barca fans?

At the risk of generalizing, going to live in Boston when my wife went to school made me loathe Boston sports fans. I actually arrived in town a Red Sox fan and left hoping someone would nuke Fenway from orbit.
I've run out of likes today, but I would like this several times if I could.

Also Cowboys was an easy NFL choice.

I go to a lot of Phillies games with my family. Lots of great experiences with Met fans, Braves fans, Cardinals...even Dodgers. But Red Sox fans?? No thanks. We passed on tickets to games last time they were in town. Only time I've ever said something to a visiting fan. Drunk, obnoxious & looking for trouble...and so was her boyfriend. And we noticed it wasn't limited to just our section.

Not sure how the Yankees fans dont win this in a landslide, at the very least for baseball.
IMO...Red Sox fans have overtaken them. Probably just from the annoyance that is Bill Simmons.

They basically became the same as Yankess fans after whining about them for years. Makes them worse to me.
Nothing TV personalities can say influence this for me. Talking about the fans, not talking heads.

The sheer volume of the annoying yankees fans makes this an easy call for me. I dont see any redsox fans where I live, but people wear their yankees crap talking about the best team for years and years and blah blah. Without even the SLIGHTEST acknowledgement that they paid way more than everyone to get those players.

Serious question: Are Phillies fans annoying? I get that everyone likes to make fun of us because we are passionate. But are we obnoxious and annoying?

When I think of annoying, I think of fans who think they're teams are great even when they aren't. No matter what you say, you can't have a conversation with them because even though they have a bad record, they are still great and could beat any other team on any other day. Also, "look how many championships we've won" type thing.

Seems Philly fan knows their teams suck when they suck. I know I can't be objective because I am Philly fan, but I just never really saw us that way.

:goodposting: Nobody lets you know more about their city/fandom than these guys...whether or not you asked.

Any fan who roots for a team outside their area. A lifelong Wisconsite being a Cubs fan for example. They have to cover themselves from head to toe in team apparel every day in a weird attempt to justify their treason. They wear it in family pictures. They wear it at weddings. Maybe only the tie at a funeral. They tweet about the team every day. They have bed sheets with the team logo on it.

We get it. You don't support the home team. It's really ok.

CletiusMaximus said:
fantasycurse42 said:
The "Liverpool as courageous underdog" narrative is slightly more pretentiously absurd than "mes que un club". If they start winning again, perhaps their nouveau fans will realize they are a massive world-wide brand and drop the David v Goliath act.

CletiusMaximus said:
fantasycurse42 said:
The "Liverpool as courageous underdog" narrative is slightly more pretentiously absurd than "mes que un club". If they start winning again, perhaps their nouveau fans will realize they are a massive world-wide brand and drop the David v Goliath act.
No more pretentiously absurd than plastic Chel$ki fans who believe that their club would have any history whatsoever if it wasn't bought and paid for with Russian mob money.

Users who are viewing this thread