What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baltimore at Houston (1 Viewer)

Texans Defense dominating so far. Balt has 1 first down in the first half. 5 possesions and five punts. Hou very close to getting a safety, Flacco had an Int Grounding on the 2 yard line.

Keenum started out hot, but has settled down, Hou Off cant get in the endzone

Last edited by a moderator:
Balt defense also playing well, front 7 stifling the Hou run game. Keenum rushing some yhrows when doesnt need to. Hou lost their starting RG early and had to shuffle their line.

Flacco INT in their redzone. Crick tipped the ball. Flacco is 2 of 11 for 16 yards and an INT.

Hou settles for a FG. Flacco throws a 2nd INT on the very next possession inside their own 30!

Jacoby Jones returns a punt inside Hou 10. Ravens go backwards then Hou commits a penalty. Flacco hooks up for a short TD to Torry.

Torry possibly injured on a deep pass. Possibly a hamstring, maybe just a cramp.

Balt 1 for 10 on 3rd down.

Why go for 2 there?
Why would you NOT go for two? Would rather know sooner than later whether you need a TD/FG with 2 pointer or two TD's
WTF is the announcer talking about?

What happens if they get the ball back ands its 4th and 5 from the 30. You could have kicked the FG and then missed the 2-point at the end of the game. Now you KNOW its a 4 down territory each and every time you have the ball.

Why go for 2 there?
Why would you NOT go for two? Would rather know sooner than later whether you need a TD/FG with 2 pointer or two TD's

What happens if they get the ball back ands its 4th and 5 from the 30. You could have kicked the FG and then missed the 2-point at the end of the game. Now you KNOW its a 4 down territory each and every time you have the ball.
you KNOW the game is over now...

Why go for 2 there?

WTF are you talking about? It's two scores either way, but you're better off knowing whether that second score must be a TD or not

Why go for 2 there?

You think its different than being down by 12 instead of 11?

Why go for 2 there?
exactly
Not exactly. XP makes it 11 and keeps a FG in play later. Now you need 2 TDs.
Ya but you needed 2 point conversion anyways! Why wouldn't you want to know if you succeed sooner than later? This way you know NOT to try a FG and go for the TD both times.

Why go for 2 there?

You think its different than being down by 12 instead of 11?
very much so...lots of options are off the board now. if it gets to be 4th and long in fg range you have no choice but go for it anything. keep all your options open as long as possible IMO :shrug:

Why go for 2 there?
exactly
You're completely missing the point. At 11, you STILL MUST convert a 2 point conversion. By trying the conversion on the first TD, you KNOW whether or not you can kick a FG in other situations. Missing the conversion now you're still alive.

Say, for example, you have a 4th and 5 from the 20. Down 12....the decision is easy. Down 11....it is not. This is not difficult. The sooner you know what yo'll need at the end, the better.

Why go for 2 there?
exactly
Ya but you needed 2 point conversion anyways! Why wouldn't you want to know if you succeed sooner than later? This way you know NOT to try a FG and go for the TD both times.
No I wouldn't. At the time they needed 8, 7 and 3 to tie. Who cares what order it comes in? You take the 7 first white it's there and you could still use a TD-2/FG and tie it

Why go for 2 there?
exactly
No I wouldn't. At the time they needed 8, 7 and 3 to tie. Who cares what order it comes in? You take the 7 first white it's there and you could still use a TD-2/FG and tie it
Still missing the point. Since you MUST convert the 8 in order to settle for the 3, you need to try for it on the first TD so that you KNOW whether or not you can kick the FG on fourth down on a second possession. Knowledge is power my friend, and the sooner you know it the better off you are.

Why go for 2 there?
exactly
It's 8, 7 and 3 OR 6,7,7

7,3,6 loses. 7,6,3 loses

At least if I only get 6 now, I know that a FG loses me the game, where if I get 6 with 5 seconds left, I'm left thinking "oh ####, I shouldn't have settled for a FG last drive. If I had only known..."

Ravens fan here. Houston always plays them tough, but this game was like getting a root canal. Ravens NOT playoff caliber, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread