What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Conference room TV (1 Viewer)

5Rings

Lurker
I'm looking to add a TV to my conference room at the office. This will mostly be used for powerpoint presentations but might get some light work for Streaming video. Probably 37-48 inches.

I want to directly hook up my computer to TV set via S-Video, VGA, DVI, HDMI, and control the presentation by computer.

Is there anything specific I need to look for in the TV, such as inputs or resolution, to make assure the presentations will show well.

I read this online Sometimes, you may be unsatisfied with its showing effects. Because the monitor technology of a computer differs from that of a TV which may produce thin lines and text shimmer. It may cause stuff loss of the original PowerPoint presentation. Thus you cannot view a full presentation with this method.

Thanks

We use a Vizio here that's about 3 years old. We show web stuff, presentation, etc. Works fine.

Make sure you go large enough. I don't think under 48" will cut it unless it is a small room. We have TVs in our conference rooms and the biggest issue is not being able to read text from 10ft+ distances. People are always trying to figure out how to zoom. Projectors work better

That's part of my responsibility at my job. Actually I have a guy who is an expert. Go much bigger on the tv, they are cheap. make sure to get a tv with a VGA input and ideally get VGA cables that have a 3.5 audio cable with them for easy running and simple audio.

HDMI is better, but many people bringing laptops in won't have HDMI outputs.

On the tv, don't get any of the upgrade features like 3d or smart tv. The best for the price are the most basic tvs.

We are moving to a new office soon and will need 2-3 Tvs.

1 for a decent sized conference room serving th same purpose that op wants. Another to show a slideshow of our properties and/or just have CNN on. . And possibly a 3rd to somehow show an interactive map of locations where we own things and/or the slideshow.

Good advice, thanks.

Since I will use it for training, I'm going to choose a modular conference table that I can break into 6 foot / 2 person segments as necessary. The projector idea is great, so I will set that up as a secondary option.

Appreciate all the input!

That's part of my responsibility at my job. Actually I have a guy who is an expert. Go much bigger on the tv, they are cheap. make sure to get a tv with a VGA input and ideally get VGA cables that have a 3.5 audio cable with them for easy running and simple audio.

On the tv, don't get any of the upgrade features like 3d or smart tv. The best for the price are the most basic tvs.
This guy knows. Same cables work great on projectors too.

Last edited by a moderator:

This guy knows. Same cables work great on projectors too.
My TV doesn't have a VGA input. Will USB work?

Users who are viewing this thread