What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Excel help please (1 Viewer)

Bogeys

Footballguy
I will try to lay this out

Column A Column C

1 1

2 2

3 3

4 4

5 5

I am trying to sum the row in column C if Column A is less than the value in B25. So say in this case the first 3 rows should be added but not the last 2. This will be a formula I will need to duplicate across multiple tabs with different ranges.

Logically to me this would be SUMIF(A1:A5,<B25,C1:C5). The problem is that Excel always puts the criteria in "quotes" when I include the < sign so reads the formula result as 0 since it is looking for text. Is it just not possible to set the criteria in a sumif to a simple formula?

Hopefully I am just ignorant and one of the excel gurus will laugh at me while giving me the solution.

TYIA

I will try to lay this out

Column A Column C

1 1

2 2

3 3

4 4

5 5

I am trying to sum the row in column C if Column A is less than the value in B25. So say in this case the first 3 rows should be added but not the last 2. This will be a formula I will need to duplicate across multiple tabs with different ranges.

Logically to me this would be SUMIF(A1:A5,<B25,C1:C5). The problem is that Excel always puts the criteria in "quotes" when I include the < sign so reads the formula result as 0 since it is looking for text. Is it just not possible to set the criteria in a sumif to a simple formula?

Hopefully I am just ignorant and one of the excel gurus will laugh at me while giving me the solution.

TYIA
You can find a lot of help on youtube + google in general if no one here is able to help you.

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but this should be close.

=IF(A1<$B$25,SUM($C$1:$C$5)," ")

=SUMIF(A:A,"<"&$B$25,C:C)

Is cleaner and easier to add more rows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. :tebow:

Hagmania's seems to work the best. Appreciate the help!

ETA: Seems the big thing I was missing in my formula was the & sign...never would have gotten that. Not sure I have ever used that in a formula.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread