What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rob Gronkowski's Trade Value (1 Viewer)

Macdaddy_2004

Footballguy
Yup I know he can be the #1TE this year - Potenital is there for over 1000 yards and 15TD's.

Question is if you have another stud TE say a Jason Witten or Finley and other owners aren't responding to trade offers (cause TE is deep this year) - do you dangle Gronk and see what he is worth?

Has anyone traded Gronk - if so what are you getting back?

Last edited by a moderator:
In both of my leagues the Gronk owner also has Gates, so he's been nice insurance while Gates gets healthy. I've been curious myself to see what happens if Gronk keeps up this pace and Gates returns.

If it were me I'd be tempted to keep them both and start one in the flex, but not all leagues allow this. I wouldn't trade for Gronk myself as I have Finley, but if I had Winslow/Cook/Olsen I'd be willing to give up a solid RB2 or WR2 for Gronk probably...maybe a Hightower/Felix/Maclin/Bowe type player. I wouldn't give a RB1 or WR1 though.

I traded Percy Harvin and J.Gresham away to get the Gronk when Hernandez went down for me.

Harvin is worth just a touch more in our league because we get .05 points per return yard. Although that has not really made him all that valuable yet. Right now @ this peak production times for the Gronk, it seems that people who have a need for a good WR2 w/ WR1 upside are willing to part with him

I just traded him today in a 12 team PPR dynasty. I sent Gronk/Choice/3rd round pick for Vernon Davis/Titus Young/two 2nd round picks. I think Gronk ends up the #1 TE easily but I'll take a guy with top 5 potential and the prospects if I'm not a contender.

I offered a guy Daniel Thomas, Fred Davis, and Mike Williams TB for Gronk. He rejected the offer in 5 keeper league. His only other RBs rostered are Adrian Peterson and Danny Woodhead.

I just traded him today in a 12 team PPR dynasty. I sent Gronk/Choice/3rd round pick for Vernon Davis/Titus Young/two 2nd round picks. I think Gronk ends up the #1 TE easily but I'll take a guy with top 5 potential and the prospects if I'm not a contender.
Interesting. I was just coming in here to post that the Gronk owner in my 10 team ppr dynasty traded him this morning for Vernon Davis / Titus Young.

I traded Percy Harvin and J.Gresham away to get the Gronk when Hernandez went down for me. Harvin is worth just a touch more in our league because we get .05 points per return yard. Although that has not really made him all that valuable yet. Right now @ this peak production times for the Gronk, it seems that people who have a need for a good WR2 w/ WR1 upside are willing to part with him
Congratulations on fleecing the other owner.

Interesting. I was just coming in here to post that the Gronk owner in my 10 team ppr dynasty traded him this morning for Vernon Davis / Titus Young.
No chance I would have done this.I'm thinking Gronk's value in a 8/10/12 teams redrafts is probably more than what you could get for him (probably Mike Wallace).

Yup I know he can be the #1TE this year - Potenital is there for over 1000 yards and 15TD's.

Question is if you have another stud TE say a Jason Witten or Finley and other owners aren't responding to trade offers (cause TE is deep this year) - do you dangle Gronk and see what he is worth?

Has anyone traded Gronk - if so what are you getting back?
If he finished with those numbers, he would have been the 5th best WR last year in standard scoring. Considering he's a TE and with those numbers, would be outpacing his competition by a fair amount, he's definitely worth a top 10 WR/RB depending on your roster.

In redraft you can't trade him; he's too valuable in the short term.

In dynasty it's tough to gauge his worth right now but I'm guessing you can trade him for any TE in the league besides Graham, Finley, and Witten and get something nice in return. If you're lucky enough to be sitting on one of those and Gronk, go out and try to snag a top 15 dynasty WR/RB.

I'm in a 10 team ppr league with Gronk and Finley and 8 Pats fans. Trying to get McFadden with a SJax/Gronk trade, will let you know how that goes...

Being able to play Finley as my flex has helped since I have had injury issues with Lloyd/Austin and SJax. So that part of having two stud TE's is nice and not sure I want to part with it.

In a 32 team, 16 man, 8 keeper, IDP, PPR league, I traded Gronk & Brandon Gibson (both keepers) for Calvin Johnson (who cannot be kept). I did it b/c I think DonMega can put me over the top. If I don't win it all I will hate I did this, but I won the league in '09 & think I have a good chance to do it again.

In one league I hit on a ton of late round picks and each week I leave 3 out of these 4 on the bench in a 1/2 PPR league: WR Steve Smith, RB Fred Jackson, RB Felix Jones, RB Jahvid Best. My TE is Jimmy Graham. The Gronkowski owner also has Finley(is playing them both since we have 1 flex spot) and is forced to start Ben Jarvis Green Ellis each week....does Felix + Graham or Best + Graham for Gronkowski sound reasonable?

I'm in a 10-team PPR and have Hernandez. I offered the Grant owner (a big GB fan) Starks

and Daniels for Gronk. I will see if he bites.

does Felix + Graham or Best + Graham for Gronkowski sound reasonable?
It absolutely sounds reasonable. I would imagine the other owner would be excited to make that trade, in a vacuum. However, if your team is as stacked as it seems, if I was in his shoes I'd be going for Graham, F-Jax, and an upgrade at another position.It certainly benefits you unless Gronk really falls off and/or Graham blows up.

Was just offered VDavis + Bowe + Helu for Gronk + Roddy + McGahee

I countered w. Gronk for Jennings + Davis, not sure might pull it back.

does Felix + Graham or Best + Graham for Gronkowski sound reasonable?
It absolutely sounds reasonable. I would imagine the other owner would be excited to make that trade, in a vacuum. However, if your team is as stacked as it seems, if I was in his shoes I'd be going for Graham, F-Jax, and an upgrade at another position.It certainly benefits you unless Gronk really falls off and/or Graham blows up.
I offered Felix Jones, Graham, and Chicago D for Gronkowski, Green Ellis, and Baltimore D

Should I trade Gronkowski for V Jackson? I have Finley on my bench and can't play a TE at a flex spot...unfortunately.

I have BOTH Gronk and Finley.

I think the value in these guys is waaaay too high for anyone to bite. It's all relative, you have the 2 best TEs at a position where there are only about 5 true studs at best. That makes these guys probably more VALUABLE than the top players at any other positions.

I would want an upper tier RB or WR in exchange.

Otherwise I am happy to have injury insurance - a no drop off bye week replacement and the unique ability of playing matchups. Oh and you don't give your opponent one of these type players.

Whatever you do dont' settle for an above average or mediocre player, go BIG

Users who are viewing this thread