What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What did you do wrong this year? (1 Viewer)

Overvalued the 'middle tier' TE's. and undervalued RB's. I'm in the championship game having to choose 2 of Sproles/Ellington/Mendenhall/Tate. I gambled on Cook in rd 6 this year, monster mistake. Could have had a huge impact player in that round. Next year, I would wait on TE's. Obviously after Graham/Gronk. There was way more value in late rd TE's this year for sure. ie Julius Thomas/Fleener/Reed who was prob undrafted everywhere. This format makes u want to reach for those middling TE's and in the end, they perform like average WR's on most weeks.

I do not regret however, taking Graham in rd 1 in 2 of my leagues.

So long story short. Draft Graham/Gronk early and wait on the rest.

Apparently I won too many games.
Yeah, whooping ### is my middle name. You get a chance to draft Drew Brees, you take him. Snag a few rookies. Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, all good choices. It's perfectly acceptable to not draft a Running Back and plug and play from waivers all year. You'd catch onto someone eventually.

Stacy, Rainey.

I had a nice year, but I would have done better had I not fell into the "RB-RB" hype. Regret reaching for S-Jax in 2nd after Forte and Reggie just went. Don't even want to look at who I passed on, but eventually I will!

I was stoked about how much I got Gresham, and he was largely a non-factor. Fred Davis was also a whiff. I listened to Dodds about Luke Stocker too.

I was also high on Dalton and Alex Smith. Alex Smith has been too volatile for my taste.

Also whiffed on Miles Austin.

RB injuries killed me (Foster, Tate) - that and mediocre QB's (Dalton, Romo). Great WR's though. Made playoffs, Championship round, but not enough.

RB-RB may/may not be the way to go, but the injury bug (and luck) is more the key than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt roll with 1 defense, 3 weeks in a row we play match up and 3 weeks in a row starting D gave us a goose egg while bench D gave us 18-20pts

Did not pay enough attention to wide receivers. I had Amendola as my #1. Still had the best record in the league and just lost the championship, but I had to scramble on the waiver wire each week to make up for my WR weakness. Loading up on RBs is only good to a point, and I should remember that there are gems that will emerge during the season. Picked up #1 RB, #1 team defense, and top 5 QB during the draft, so footballguys rocks, but it would have been nice to have a top-tier WR to round it out.

Users who are viewing this thread