What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best current logo in sports? (No defunct teams) (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
I guess these would be my choices from the four major sports.

NFL - The sole reason I became a fan of them as a kid.

NBA - Always loved this one. So simple, so perfect.

NHL - A flying "P", a puck and a stick. What else could you want?

MLB - THIS or THIS ... can't make up my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks awesome on the sweater... as they are skating around.

But when you break it down just as a logo, it's kinda meh. Looks like a 4th-grader drew it.

The Mets logo gives me the jumpy&quo. Has since I was three. Love the Mets.

#####ing about that Brewers logo/uni change probably deserves it's own thread.

I'm sure any decent human being gets upset thinking about it at least 4 or 5 times a season, and they need a place to vent.

The New York Yankees logo was originally designed by Tiffany & Co. The insignia was first created back in 1877 by Louis B. Tiffany, the famous jeweler. The symbol was struck on a medal that was awarded by the New York City Police Department to the first NYC policeman shot in the line of duty, officer John McDowell.

Chicago Blackhawks red jersey and logo is by far the best in sports.

Raiders in NFL

Always thought the MB in the form of a baseball glove logo of the brewers was pretty cool.

Basketball....meh

The New York Yankees logo was originally designed by Tiffany & Co. The insignia was first created back in 1877 by Louis B. Tiffany, the famous jeweler. The symbol was struck on a medal that was awarded by the New York City Police Department to the first NYC policeman shot in the line of duty, officer John McDowell.
Nice. First I'm seeing of this schtick, but I like it.

As a Phillies fan, I hate the Nationals. Every thing about them. Nothing personal. Just the way it works out.

But I can't lie, I do think their hats are some of the coolest in all of baseball. Something about the flowing W and the two tone lid just looks cool.

No way in hell I'd ever wear one though. I had to settle for my two tone Astros hat.

ya know RN that Tiger logo you show took alot of flack when it came out. It is nice though. most people aroudn here just like the D
Rightly so, its horrible IMO. Tigers made some horrible decisions in the early 90s. schembechler firing Ernie Harwell (or at least not stopping it), this logo. Rob Deer.......

As a Phillies fan, I hate the Nationals. Every thing about them. Nothing personal. Just the way it works out.But I can't lie, I do think their hats are some of the coolest in all of baseball. Something about the flowing W and the two tone lid just looks cool.

No way in hell I'd ever wear one though. I had to settle for my two tone Astros hat.
I hate'em too (Braves fan). They knocked it out of the park with whole get up though.

The NBA has the worst collection of logos of all the big four American leagues. Most somehow manage to be both too busy and non-descript. I think the Spurs and Blazers are the best of a poor set. The Mavericks, Raptors and Bucks are among the worst in all of sports.

The NBA has the worst collection of logos of all the big four American leagues. Most somehow manage to be both too busy and non-descript. I think the Spurs and Blazers are the best of a poor set. The Mavericks, Raptors and Bucks are among the worst in all of sports.
The NBA's problem is all the teams include the city and mascot names in the logo, leading to the busy/non-descript phenomenon as any actual logo design gets lost in all the words.

The MLB teams that include city/mascot all do it with those in small print, embedded in the edges of the circle. The logo inside the circle stands on it's own.

The only NBA teams that do this (BOS/GSW) have pretty good logos.

You mention Spurs and Blazers. Those work because they really have an NFL feel to them, with a small, simple recognizable logo that stands on it's own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread