What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Typical Jobs of a Homemaker? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
What would you define as a "task" that would specifically fall under the homemaker/housewife umbrella?

Real and Shtick responses appreciated.

depends on which part of the country you live in. I would imagine in the south skinning animals and minding the still would fall into that category. Here in the west in consists of shopping, nail/hair appointments and yoga. At least that's how my wife interprets it.

My wife is a homemaker. Among her duties:

- Make my breakfast

- Make the bed

- Make my lunch

- Make my dinner

- Clean dishes

- Do laundry

- Clean the house

- Clean the garage

- Pick up after the kids

- Grocery shopping

- Perform sexual favors for me

- Make my breakfast

- Make the bed

- Make my lunch

- Make my dinner

- Clean dishes

- Do laundry

- Clean the house

- Clean the garage

- Pick up after the kids

- Grocery shopping

The asians do get that right.

- Make my breakfast

- Make the bed

- Make my lunch

- Make my dinner

- Clean dishes

- Do laundry

- Clean the house

- Clean the garage

- Pick up after the kids

- Grocery shopping

Add driving the kids to their activities but then that would involve having an asian woman drive and I am not sure that is such a good thing...

What else are we forgetting here:

Any domesticated animal care?

Running errands besides the grocery store such as dry cleaners, car registrations etc.?

Sitting on the sofa to make sure it does not run away

Complaining about things she has control over but chooses not to do anything about

constantly talking about food but having no idea what to make for meals

spending over the budget

forgetting to buy groceries

turning on the television to occupy the children so she does not have to actually watch them

talking on the phone

putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher, but not turning it on

- Make my breakfast

- Make the bed

- Make my lunch

- Make my dinner

- Clean dishes

- Do laundry

- Clean the house

- Clean the garage

- Pick up after the kids

- Grocery shopping

Add driving the kids to their activities but then that would involve having an asian woman drive and I am not sure that is such a good thing...

What else are we forgetting here:

Any domesticated animal care?

Running errands besides the grocery store such as dry cleaners, car registrations etc.?
Well, she does maintain a vegetable garden outside... tomatoes, squash, beans and such.

Seriously I believe it is my responsibility to see that all things related to running of the household, family are done. I make sure the oil is changed in the cars, stamps are bought, all bills are paid. Normal chores like laundry, dishes, making meals, etc. I don't do all of it, the kids do most of the day to day chores, but it is my job to see that things are taken care of. I make the kids appts take them to their stuff, etc. Very rarely do I ask my husband to do any of that, but sometimes schedules conflict enough that I have to. He works fom home though so it isn't too bad.

He works for the money we live on. He does the outside work like mowing, fixing fences, trimming trees. He also coaches baseball for our sons team. But he does a lot of the chores when he wants to. He will fold laundry while watching football or clean the floors if it starts to bother him. He will do dishes with a kid if the normal dish partner is out for some reason. And he gives baths to all the under 4s every night. He reads their bed time stories too.

We both like having sex so that isn't a fight we have.

- Make my breakfast

- Make the bed

- Make my lunch

- Make my dinner

- Clean dishes

- Do laundry

- Clean the house

- Clean the garage

- Pick up after the kids

- Grocery shopping

Did you give a chore chart for all of these? What happens if she fails to do one, do you send her back for an updated model?

- Make my breakfast

- Make the bed

- Make my lunch

- Make my dinner

- Clean dishes

- Do laundry

- Clean the house

- Clean the garage

- Pick up after the kids

- Grocery shopping

Did you give a chore chart for all of these? What happens if she fails to do one, do you send her back for an updated model?
No, she just does all this without being asked. She knows what being a homemaker means.

ETA: I might add, if I even try to do anything on that list for myself and she sees me, she will stop me and insist on doing it herself. She might even get a little angry with me for doing what she feels is her job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I've got a good one and I have started chipping in on it since my wife is back at work after 5 years finally. I wish I didn't have to though, its awful:

-All gifting and party responsibilities

-Buying gifts for family and all of the kid's friends birthday parties

-Planning the kids birthday parties and invites

-Writing thank you notes

I can't explain how terrible thank you notes are. My daughter just turned 4 and had 30 kids @ Bounce U. Party was a breeze, but trying to write 30 thank you notes to kids who can't even read them is incredibly tedious. Especially when 7 of them all gave varying forms of "spin art" and I don't even know wtf that is.

Actually, I've got a good one and I have started chipping in on it since my wife is back at work after 5 years finally. I wish I didn't have to though, its awful:

-Writing thank you notes

I can't explain how terrible thank you notes are. My daughter just turned 4 and had 30 kids @ Bounce U. Party was a breeze, but trying to write 30 thank you notes to kids who can't even read them is incredibly tedious. Especially when 7 of them all gave varying forms of "spin art" and I don't even know wtf that is.
These are all tasks I hate :hot:

- Make my breakfast

- Make the bed

- Make my lunch

- Make my dinner

- Clean dishes

- Do laundry

- Clean the house

- Clean the garage

- Pick up after the kids

- Grocery shopping

No, she just does all this without being asked. She knows what being a homemaker means.
I was making a joke about you buying your wife from another country.

Honestly, it sounds like its worked out for you, so I shouldn't judge.

-Writing thank you notes

These are all tasks I hate :hot:
About 1/2 through the thank yous, I told my wife she should quit her job so she'd have time to do them. I was like 60% serious, but she thought I was kidding.

I am pg with #10. There are currently 2 under 4. We homeschool so I have them at home to do the chores.
Congrats. Who usually wins the family fantasy football league? At least now you won't have byes next year. Any of your sons worth stashing for dynasty?

Does your husband post here? :oldunsure:

I am pg with #10. There are currently 2 under 4. We homeschool so I have them at home to do the chores.
Congrats. Who usually wins the family fantasy football league? At least now you won't have byes next year. Any of your sons worth stashing for dynasty?

Thank you. We have both won and his brother. Last year the dad in another family in our league won. We have one trophy that gets passed around. My second son is playing for the first time this year and my third daughter. My husband is a shark pool guy, timo Leander I think or tree shaker, I can't remember. He got me started at fbg 11 years ago when I had my first team. But I find the FFA far more interesting. I used to be eunuch maker til someone here got his feelings hurt by my screen name.

Thank you. We have both won and his brother. Last year the dad in another family in our league won. We have one trophy that gets passed around. My second son is playing for the first time this year and my third daughter. My husband is a shark pool guy, timo Leander I think or tree shaker, I can't remember. He got me started at fbg 11 years ago when I had my first team. But I find the FFA far more interesting. I used to be eunuch maker til someone here got his feelings hurt by my screen name.
Lots of ####lies here with sticks up their butts.

I am pg with #10.
We both like having sex
Take a break, would ya!
You guys are never happy. If a wife doesn't put out enough you scream get some side poon or get divorced. If a wife puts out a lot you say to take a break. Please let me know when you decide what is the appropriate amount.
Whenever I put the moves on is the proper amount. Not any other time.

Users who are viewing this thread