What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

credit report (1 Viewer)

I pay scoresense, 9.95 a month... I think they all have similar features, but I use them for my score and monitoring alerts... Any time someone inquires about my credit, I get an alert... This is big for stopping fraud.

I pay scoresense, 9.95 a month... I think they all have similar features, but I use them for my score and monitoring alerts... Any time someone inquires about my credit, I get an alert... This is big for stopping fraud.
how often are you alerted?

Only use the big 3. The others have inflated credit scores that are garbage. The big 3 are the ones used when people look and decide on your credit.

Only use the big 3. The others have inflated credit scores that are garbage. The big 3 are the ones used when people look and decide on your credit.
I have cross referenced with my Fico score as well as Experian and they are close enough, maybe a spread of 5-10 points.

how often are you alerted?
Any time there is an inquiry... Example:

We switched Internet Service Providers. I called Verizon, set up service, and scheduled everything. An hour later I received an email alert that Verizon had inquired about my credit.

Hypothetically though, someone wants to fraudulently open up a Macy's Card with your SS and lost ID, as soon as they go to do so, you'll get an alert that Macy's has inquired about your credit. Instant phone call to stop what would be a huge potential headache.

Who should I use? I Google it and get lots of hits.
Get one from each of the big 3 from annualcreditreport.com once a year.To buy actual FICO scores, go to myfico.com. You can get a myfico discount code from creditboards.com, so buying your scores from Equifax and Transunion will be less than $20 total. Experian doesn't use the FICO model anymore, they have their own score formula, and I'm not sure if you can buy their score these days, I got my EX score a few weeks ago when I got a loan from my credit union.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Identity Guard for the last few months because I'm looking for a house and want to see any alert to my credit. I'm happy with it, but it's $15/mo, so after I buy a house I'll probably cancel.

I've used Identity Guard for the last few months because I'm looking for a house and want to see any alert to my credit. I'm happy with it, but it's $15/mo, so after I buy a house I'll probably cancel.
Just out of curiosity, do you search online for a house on top of a realtor? If so, which sites do you use and which is your favorite?

CreditKarma.com

Free!
:goodposting:

Site rules. Also, I have Capital One who gives me my score from one of the three credit bureau's every month on my statement for no charge.
If you are making a large purchase which requires credit you really need all 3 (technically 2)... They use the middle score as they will all be different. So one might say 765, another 745, and another 715... In this scenario, they would use the 745... So as long as two scores are solid, you're good. A few different reasons for the variance.

Just out of curiosity, do you search online for a house on top of a realtor? If so, which sites do you use and which is your favorite?
my go to is Redfin.com. seems to have new listings quicker than other sites, and I like their search tools.

my go to is Redfin.com. seems to have new listings quicker than other sites, and I like their search tools.
Thanks

Who should I use? I Google it and get lots of hits.
It really depends on what it is you are trying to achieve.

If you are just checking your credit reports for errors and the like then get the free on that was already posted. If you want scores then going to one of the big three will get you the best idea (but realize that there are many different scoring formulas used out there and lenders dont always use the scoring that you would get from the credit bureau). If you are looking for theft identity protection, I don't have a solid recommendation here- I have been using bank packaged ID theft protection services because I has access to them for free.

Users who are viewing this thread