What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone have a rookie draft rankings with IDPs? (1 Viewer)

Given the role scheme, depth chart and snap count play in projecting IDP value, it's very risky to provide pre-draft fantasy rankings.

I expect multiple staffers will post rookie rankings within days of the draft, I'll again be publishing my combined offense-IDP rookie draft board and we will produce a podcast discussing player movement and draft picks after the draft. Over the next couple of weeks I expect there'll be much rookie discussion here and on Twitter. I'm personally planning a larger Twitter presence and my usual string of scouting reports and NFL comps for rookies by position and Bloom will again include defensive rookies in his Bloom 100.

I actually did a Pre-Draft IDP Rookie Rankings - Top 50 - you can check it out here... http://www.365fantasyfootball.com/2012/04/idp-2012-rookie-rankings.html

01. Luke Kuechly ILB

02. Quinton Coples DE

03. Dont'a Hightower ILB

04. Mark Barron S

05. Melvin Ingram DE

06. Mychal Kendricks ILB

07. Whitney Mercilus DE/LB

08. Courtney Upshaw DE/LB

09. Lavonte David OLB

10. Morris Claiborne CB

11. Fletcher Cox DE/DT

12. Nick Perry DE/LB

13. Bobby Wagner ILB

14. Shea McClellin OLB

15. Harrison Smith S.......

.....Continues to #50

I actually did a Pre-Draft IDP Rookie Rankings - Top 50 - you can check it out here... http://www.365fantasyfootball.com/2012/04/idp-2012-rookie-rankings.html

01. Luke Kuechly ILB

02. Quinton Coples DE

03. Dont'a Hightower ILB

04. Mark Barron S

05. Melvin Ingram DE

06. Mychal Kendricks ILB

07. Whitney Mercilus DE/LB

08. Courtney Upshaw DE/LB

09. Lavonte David OLB

10. Morris Claiborne CB

11. Fletcher Cox DE/DT

12. Nick Perry DE/LB

13. Bobby Wagner ILB

14. Shea McClellin OLB

15. Harrison Smith S.......

.....Continues to #50
Too early for DE's and safeties for me but I can adjust this rankings.

Given the role scheme, depth chart and snap count play in projecting IDP value, it's very risky to provide pre-draft fantasy rankings.I expect multiple staffers will post rookie rankings within days of the draft, I'll again be publishing my combined offense-IDP rookie draft board and we will produce a podcast discussing player movement and draft picks after the draft. Over the next couple of weeks I expect there'll be much rookie discussion here and on Twitter. I'm personally planning a larger Twitter presence and my usual string of scouting reports and NFL comps for rookies by position and Bloom will again include defensive rookies in his Bloom 100.
I'm looking forward to your rookie draft board again this year Jene. I really enjoyed your draft board last year. :thumbup:

This seems to be one of the worst IDP rookie drafts in recent memory. There are only like 3 guys that I would even really want. Just a brutal group IMO. Or am I way off base here?

This seems to be one of the worst IDP rookie drafts in recent memory. There are only like 3 guys that I would even really want. Just a brutal group IMO. Or am I way off base here?
I think, like the nfl draft, it's a top tier, then a huge group of talent in the next tier.This year, I think Kuechly, Davis, and David are top tier. Many tweeners and DL in the muddled mess that is the next group.Look at last year, though, when Mason Foster, Nate Irving, Bruce Carter were the best options, I think this is a stronger group, both talent and situation.

There's a lot of talent, but the talent didn't seem to go to good short term situations. I like these 4Kuechly David Wagner or Brown (deciding who to rank 3rd and 4th) There are lots of guys I like as stash-and-waits though, especially at LB.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lot of talent, but the talent didn't seem to go to good short term situations. I like these 4Kuechly David Wagner or Brown (deciding who to rank 3rd and 4th) There are lots of guys I like as stash-and-waits though, especially at LB.
Didnt think the FBG staff like Brown. But you're right in general, this year is hard to predict who can do well

'Cipherchris said:
'MAC_32 said:
'GridironMenace said:
Didnt think the FBG staff like Brown. But you're right in general, this year is hard to predict who can do well
His issues are effort related. They're serious issues, but they're his only issues. He has all of the talent in the world and Tennessee committing a 2nd round pick to him tells me they think they can get that out of him. If they light a fire under him he has a LB1 ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread