What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sam Bradford, QB, St. Louis Rams (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2011 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

With the labor uncertainty, there are more unanswered questions entering the summer than usual. The good news is that gives us some more time to discuss the merits of players without having to react (or overreact) to the smallest bits of news about a slight injury in practice, or coach speak. We'll have plenty of time for that when it comes (we hope).

In the meantime, as always we will post a list of players to be discussed each week. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discuss expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Sam Bradford, QB, St. Louis Rams

Player Page Link: Sam Bradford Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :popcorn: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

As much as I hate to admit having anything in common with Trent "I give analysis a bad name" Dilfer, I will own up to the fact that I shared his skepticism of Bradford last year. I saw a kid being thrown to the wolves, with a bum shoulder, no weapons, coming out of a spread attack, and really doubted his ability to thrive as a rookie.

Needless to say it was an epically poor call. :)

Hindsight being 20/20, Bradford ended up not only doing well, but putting together the kind of rookie season that -- historically -- almost always promises future greatness. The question fantasy owners are now faced with is whether 2011 represents that major step forward, or whether Bradford is set for more incremental growth while they build the offensive skill around him.

Where do you all think he falls? Seems like he's coming off the board in early mocks as one of the guys people consider taking right after the big 7 (Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Romo) and then pairing him with another high upside QB in tandem.

How do you think the transition to Josh McDaniels will impact Bradford's development? Are you waiting to get clarity on the WR corps, which has more bodies projected to show up to camp right now than there are cupcakes in a TastyKake factory.

Bradford, IMHO, is the best young QB in the game.

Bradford's rookie numbers made Peyton Manning's rookie numbers laughable. Bradford's rookie numbers pretty much make everybody's rookie numbers look laughable...and he did it with second rate WRs/targets for a good portion of the year.

Now add pass happy QB guru Josh McDaniels to the equation.

Of all the QBs that are being undervalued this year, Bradford leads the charge IMHO, the estimates are much too conservative.

4400 yards passing

29 TDs

Bradford will assert himself as one of the premier QBs in the league in 2011 and most importantly he'll win a lot of fantasy leagues for those owners wise enough to draft him in the middle rounds while their competitors are drafting QBs with similar numbers in the 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought he was going to be very good but had concern about the shoulder and well those were laid to rest. I agree that he is going to a top performer r in this league for years to come.

4200 total yds 29 total tds. Good for qb 12

Thought he was going to be very good but had concern about the shoulder and well those were laid to rest. I agree that he is going to a top performer r in this league for years to come.4200 total yds 29 total tds. Good for qb 12
I see Bradford as a top 5 QB this year. I know that is a stretch for a 2nd yr QB and certainly a higher ranking than most would view as reasonable, but here is why. - Bradford showed the signs last year of the ability to be a great QB (most would agree)- He is entering his 2nd yr as a starter and most future star QB's make a big improvement in yr 2 of starting- He gets the MCDaniels system where through 12 weeks last yr, Orton was the #3 fantasy QB in my leagues scoring system....Bradford is MUCH better than Orton- His WR group should be improved- Gets the advantage of playing in a dome

As much as I hate to admit having anything in common with Trent "I give analysis a bad name" Dilfer, I will own up to the fact that I shared his skepticism of Bradford last year. I saw a kid being thrown to the wolves, with a bum shoulder, no weapons, coming out of a spread attack, and really doubted his ability to thrive as a rookie. Needless to say it was an epically poor call. :)Hindsight being 20/20, Bradford ended up not only doing well, but putting together the kind of rookie season that -- historically -- almost always promises future greatness. The question fantasy owners are now faced with is whether 2011 represents that major step forward, or whether Bradford is set for more incremental growth while they build the offensive skill around him.Where do you all think he falls? Seems like he's coming off the board in early mocks as one of the guys people consider taking right after the big 7 (Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Romo) and then pairing him with another high upside QB in tandem. How do you think the transition to Josh McDaniels will impact Bradford's development? Are you waiting to get clarity on the WR corps, which has more bodies projected to show up to camp right now than there are cupcakes in a TastyKake factory.
:goodposting: As a Rams fan watching him last year, I couldn't be more excited. I agree that Its not even close to a sure thing that this year is the year he steps into the elites fantasy-wise. The thing is, Bradfords play was a lot better than even his impressive rookie stats show. There must have been 3-4 drops a game on catchable balls where bradford fit it into tight windows. With the additions of Salas, Pettis and the return of Avery... Its not a question of can he become a top 5 fantasy QB , It's when.

3900 yards 25tds 12ints qb rating 90

I think he could very easily go higher than all of these but, trying to be unbiased I believe these are realistic stats for him.

I'm a bit surprised at the responses so far. Bradford's crazy-low YPA (5.95!) is a curiosity for me. That was a full half-yard lower than any other starter last year. I'm sure he'll improve this season, and Josh McDaniels should turn him into a devastating QB sooner rather than later, but that YPA is a Derek Anderson/way-past-his-prime Marc Bulger level number.

I guess you can read that two ways. If the Rams keep passing and he improves a bit--Orton went from 6.4 YPA with the Bears to over 7 YPA under McDaniels--he'll clock 4000 yards. If it's a bit of a red flag/sign that much of his 2010 fantasy usefulness was really based on volume more than performance, he might not make much progress this year. I don't know if the Rams will go after any of the FA receivers, but their receiving corps is definitely one of the league's least impressive, and I'm not in love with either of their draft picks. Also, how much time is he going to get working with McDaniels this offseason?

I'll take the non-controversial route and give Bradford a slight bump, but nothing all-star: 355/560 for 3708 yards; 21 TD/15 INT. A fine year, but right now there are at least 12 QBs I'd take over him without a second thought.

Bradford is my #1 dynasty QB (easily). Redraft is another story. The Rams need someone to step up & be a legit #1 WR. Alexander has a shot, but we'll see how he can hold up. If he does, it's one of the best undrafted FA signings in history.

Overall, I like where the Rams are headed. I expect Bradford to be the best FF QB in the league within a couple more seasons.

Bradford, IMHO, is the best young QB in the game.Bradford's rookie numbers made Peyton Manning's rookie numbers laughable. Bradford's rookie numbers pretty much make everybody's rookie numbers look laughable...and he did it with second rate WRs/targets for a good portion of the year. Now add pass happy QB guru Josh McDaniels to the equation. Of all the QBs that are being undervalued this year, Bradford leads the charge IMHO, the estimates are much too conservative.4400 yards passing29 TDsBradford will assert himself as one of the premier QBs in the league in 2011 and most importantly he'll win a lot of fantasy leagues for those owners wise enough to draft him in the middle rounds while their competitors are drafting QBs with similar numbers in the 2nd and 3rd.
i think you miswrote "undervalued" and shoulda put overvalued.i didnt realize that good numbers "for a rookie" ensured future success and all time great improvement. manning is the GOAT bc he made huge leaps of improvement every early year. thats what separates the greats from the alex smith, joey harrington, david carr, tim couch.ive mentioned this a few times on here, but colt mccoy, in 8 games last year, put up very similar numbers to bradford and that was while facing pitt twice, balt, nwe, nyj, and nor. a far far tougher schedule than bradford had. for the sake of consistency it seems yall should be touting colt heavily, if not quite to bradfords level. but i dont see that.setting the certainty of huge improvement, let alone manning level improvement, as ppl on this board are clamoring to do isnt accurate.

Bradford's difficult to project. Great rookie season in a conservative offense with few weapons. Numerous red zone trips thwarted by the lack of big, reliable targets. I think he'll post better stats,

but when you compare him to Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Manning, Schaub, Roethlisberger, Romo, Freeman, Stafford, and Ryan, he doesn't have similarly developed weapons.

Bradford's progress depends on two things:

1. His ability to learn/grasp/practice a new, more difficult and challenging offensive scheme. Progressing from vanilla to more complex is one thing; when it's a completely different system, there may be growing pains, regardless of talent.

2. His receivers, which are still a huge question mark. People are excited about Kendricks and Salas (and to a lesser degree, red zone threat Pettis). They should replace and improve upon Gibson, Robinson, and Fells, but we have no guarantee the crapshoot known as Donnie Avery and the raw Alexander are ready for full-time roles (though I do love me some Danario).

Collection of young talent? Good. Expecting them to gel quickly with a new system? I'm not so optimistic, particularly with their potentially brutal schedule to start the season.

'Norseman said:
'bulger2holt said:
The Rams have a very tough schedule this year.
Does that mean that they will be behind alot, and thus have to throw more?
Good point. last year, the Rams were in nearly every game and still threw a lot. Kendricks, Salas, Pettis and a healthy Avery should help a lot. Keep an eye on Salas, he can play and Kendricks will be Bradford's security blanket and cause lots of mis matches.

Mark Clayton isn't being mentioned at all in this thread and he was BY FAR the best wr the Rams had last year. I think Bradford's #'s will vastly improve if they can resign him and stay healthy for a whole year.

The table is set for a good year out of Bradford. He had a aggressive offensive coordiantor who loves to air out of the ball, a rb on the downward side and very much improved offensive weapons.

I think Bradford has a great chance at ending up in the top 5 qb's this year and have to agree he should be within the top 3 dynasty qb's. Injuries are a small concern and grasping the offense but Bradford seems like a very good student and I don't see that being a proble. He also is another year removed from his shoulder problems so that is getting closer to being laid to rest (and he took alot of big hits last year).

Draft with confidence 4000+ yards 28 td's 12 int's

I like Bradford but he needs that big time receiver. Clayton showed signs of it but got injured, Amendola is not the guy, and Avery is inconsisitent. McDaniels loves to throw but the receivers are an issue.

The rumors are Clayton and Rams already have a deal in place. Avery will be healthy too and he was looking like he was really breaking out prior to the injury. Then rookie WR's Pettis and Salas are good size possession guys and DX will be back. Then throw in Owen Daniel's clone Lance Kendricks and Bradford will have numerous options. There are also rumors the Rams will go hard after Sproles. GSOT part 2 ?

I like Bradford but he needs that big time receiver. Clayton showed signs of it but got injured, Amendola is not the guy, and Avery is inconsisitent. McDaniels loves to throw but the receivers are an issue.
And who did McDaniels have in Denver when Kyle Orton was a top 3 QB at the time of McDaniels dismissal, I believe?Gaffney, LLoyd, Thomas, Decker and no tight ends to speak of (add in the fact that Bradford is alot better than Orton)

Bradford is the next Peyton Manning. That much is clear. You could see that he was special in College, when he would make stick throw after stick throw to his receivers in Oklahoma. He was the one guy on the field that made you just drop your jaw and say "wow!".

He's a franchise QB, no doubt. But he currently lacks the offensive weapons around him to be what he could be. He has become the face of the franchise, and will make average players around him better. I see him still struggling to be consistent in fantasy to make that be a QB #1, but has the upside, and is a great #2 QB.

Prediction: 325/540 3350 21/14

Bradford is the next Peyton Manning. That much is clear. You could see that he was special in College, when he would make stick throw after stick throw to his receivers in Oklahoma. He was the one guy on the field that made you just drop your jaw and say "wow!".He's a franchise QB, no doubt. But he currently lacks the offensive weapons around him to be what he could be. He has become the face of the franchise, and will make average players around him better. I see him still struggling to be consistent in fantasy to make that be a QB #1, but has the upside, and is a great #2 QB.Prediction: 325/540 3350 21/14
So with better weapons (3 rookies, Avery and more than likely Clayton) you tink he will throw for less yards?????Oh yeah and an offensive coordinator who is alittle known to air it out consistantly.I find these numbers very strange and off IMHO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't having to learn a new system in an off season where coaches have had limited contact with players serve to hurt Bradford? No one has mentioned this.

Really hoping the Rams go out and add a Sproles/R.Bush to compliment Jackson.

I think everyone knows Bradford's going to be an All-Pro often and soon. He already makes mediocre WR's look good. Only matter of time before he makes a good WR great.

Bradford is the next Peyton Manning. That much is clear. You could see that he was special in College, when he would make stick throw after stick throw to his receivers in Oklahoma. He was the one guy on the field that made you just drop your jaw and say "wow!".He's a franchise QB, no doubt. But he currently lacks the offensive weapons around him to be what he could be. He has become the face of the franchise, and will make average players around him better. I see him still struggling to be consistent in fantasy to make that be a QB #1, but has the upside, and is a great #2 QB.Prediction: 325/540 3350 21/14
So with better weapons (3 rookies, Avery and more than likely Clayton) you tink he will throw for less yards?????Oh yeah and an offensive coordinator who is alittle known to air it out consistantly.I find these numbers very strange and off IMHO.
Notice I have also bumped up his TD's and lowered his INT's. And I think the Rams will be more balanced this year, with less attempts and yards. They won't be so much in catchup mode as last year. I thought this was bullish if anything.

Sam Bradford showed last year that he's legit. He's going to be a very good QB for the next 10+ years. That said, I am not really excited about his prospects in 2011. The offense will still go through Steven Jackson, and his WRs are still below average.

3650 yds passing, 21 TD, 15 Int

100 yds rushing, 1 TD

Couple of comments1) you think the rookies are going to have an impact? WRs already have a big learning curve, but with the lockout, they aren't getting their reps.2) Sure, McDaniels likes to throw the ball, but he hasn't had a RB as good as Steven Jackson. Can't imagine that Jackson isn't going to touch ball 20+ times just because McDaniels is in town.

It is interesting to read the comments on Sam Bradford. Most of the projections seem to be on the optimistic side in my opinion. I realize that he just completed an awesome rookie campaign as he completed 60% of his passes (354 of 590) for over 3,500 yards without many outstanding receiving options at his disposal. Since he played so well as a rookie, most think that he is bound to improve, but neither Flacco nor Ryan experienced much improvement in year two and I believe that they both stayed in the same system. Bradford has a new OC (McDaniels) that is a passing game guru, but with the current lock-out situation there may not be many chances for a lot of new folks to get comfortable. The Rams were lacking weapons at receivers a year ago, but have added three options in the draft, but again how much time will they have to get prepared?

Many mentions of McDaniels and his pass-happy offense, but a year ago, St. Louis threw 590 passes, which was 10 more than Denver. How will this number increase much? The real opportunity for improvement for Bradford would be in the yard per pass attempt category. As a team, the Rams were 30th a year ago, ahead of only Arizona and Carolina. When looking closer at the ypa, it dampens my enthusiasm on how successful Bradford was as a rookie and the claims that his season was one of the best rookie years of all time. Looks like a lot of very short pass completions.

The Rams did rank 21st in passing yards in 2010, but that was more a result of the 590 pass attempts, which ranked fifth overall and they also ranked 10th in total number of offensive plays, which was surprising to me and could be expected to be reduced in 2011.

I think that the Rams will depend more on Steven Jackson in 2011 and their number of passes will drop. I also expect that their defense will be a little better and their number of offensive plays will drop. There is plenty of reasons to expect the passing offense to step back with so many new players and a new system that may be installed late.

Sam Bradford 16 gms 315 comp 540 att (58.3%) 3350 yds 6.2 ypa 20 TDs 16 ints 30 rushes 70 yds 1 TD

most think that he is bound to improve, but neither Flacco nor Ryan experienced much improvement in year two and I believe that they both stayed in the same system.
Why compare Bradford to those two? This kid blows both of them out of the water.What's interesting about Bradford is that we've never seen a rookie season like that before. His rookie season was literally a phenomenon.

most think that he is bound to improve, but neither Flacco nor Ryan experienced much improvement in year two and I believe that they both stayed in the same system.
Why compare Bradford to those two? This kid blows both of them out of the water.What's interesting about Bradford is that we've never seen a rookie season like that before. His rookie season was literally a phenomenon.
As a rookie, Matt Ryan threw for 100 fewer yards, two fewer TDs, four fewer INTs, had a higher completion percentage, and averaged a phenomenal 7.9 YPA (which has come back down to earth over his past two seasons). His rookie season is absolutely comparable to Bradford's.

As a rookie, Matt Ryan threw for 100 fewer yards, two fewer TDs, four fewer INTs, had a higher completion percentage, and averaged a phenomenal 7.9 YPA (which has come back down to earth over his past two seasons). His rookie season is absolutely comparable to Bradford's.
Statistically comparable yes, but given Bradford's situation I elevate it to legendary status. There was no Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez.

Statistically comparable yes, but given Bradford's situation I elevate it to legendary status. There was no Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez.
People forget how bad the Atlanta situation was when Ryan was drafted. Also, Gonzo wasn't with Atlanta during Ryan's rookie season.

People forget how bad the Atlanta situation was when Ryan was drafted. Also, Gonzo wasn't with Atlanta during Ryan's rookie season.
People also don't give enough credit to how good the St. L Oline is. Everything Bradford lacks in explosive weapons at WR he makes up for in great stability on the Oline. For a young QB like, I'd rather have the good Oline than good WRs anyway.

this is correct. Gonzo joined Atlanta in Ryan's second season and Ryan's stats dropped even with Gonzo.

Bradford is a fantastic quarterback and will one day be possibly the best in the league, but lets be honest the Rams receiving core has a TON of question marks. He is going to need a lot of his injured receivers to stay healthy. Assuming they sign Mark Clayton, if their starting wr's were Clayton Danario Avery and they all managed to stay healthy, that's actually very good, plus Kendricks is a great pass catching TE. Unfortunately, all 3 of those guys were hurt at different points last year, as was Laurent Robinson. It appears Robinson won't make the squad, and Gibson's spot is 50-50 due to the 2 rookie wr's they picked up in the draft. There's actually some decent names and depth here, but I think his numbers rely, more than most qb's, on their health. Because he saw last year with possession receivers Amendola and Gibson (actually dropped a lot of passes, wasn't even a good possession receiver lol), there was no vertical game. So all tho it's not a popular thing, I'll give 2 seperate sorts of projections. As a last remark, I'll add that I think Steven Jackson gets more passes thrown his way, and less carries, so that benefits Bradford because of Steven's receiving skills. Lets also assume his receivers hold onto the ball:

Only four quarterbacks had their completion percentages affected more by dropped passes than Sam Bradford in 2010, according to STATS LLC. (rotoworld.com)

1st projection: If Clayton and 1 of Danario/Avery stays healthy- 4100 yards, 27 tds, 14 int

If the injury bug strikes again: 3750 yards, 23tds, 16int

Is anyone concerned -- for dynasty -- that McD will get another shot at HC in only a year or two and then Bradford will be forced to learn a third system in his short career... going down a better version of Jason Campbell's career path and never reaching potential?

Is anyone concerned -- for dynasty -- that McD will get another shot at HC in only a year or two and then Bradford will be forced to learn a third system in his short career... going down a better version of Jason Campbell's career path and never reaching potential?
Nope, not after what he did to denver.

It is interesting to read the comments on Sam Bradford. Most of the projections seem to be on the optimistic side in my opinion. I realize that he just completed an awesome rookie campaign as he completed 60% of his passes (354 of 590) for over 3,500 yards without many outstanding receiving options at his disposal. Since he played so well as a rookie, most think that he is bound to improve, but neither Flacco nor Ryan experienced much improvement in year two and I believe that they both stayed in the same system. Bradford has a new OC (McDaniels) that is a passing game guru, but with the current lock-out situation there may not be many chances for a lot of new folks to get comfortable. The Rams were lacking weapons at receivers a year ago, but have added three options in the draft, but again how much time will they have to get prepared?
I think the difference is in philosophy.Atlanta has always run a pretty conservative...maybe even predictable...offense. And they had both Roddy White and Michael Turner to lean on.In some respects, Baltimore was similarly situated except that instead of a great WR like White, they had good defense.In both of those situations, the success of the team wasn't put in their young QB's hands.As for the Rams, they have a decent D and they have a decent RB. I don't see Jackson as elite anymore. I think he's on the decline. And you have a team that seems more than willing to put this team on their young QB's shoulders. It may just be me, but I saw the Kendricks, Pettis and Salas picks as 100% that team trying to turn Bradford into the next Payton Manning. I think this team's offensive philosophy is going to give Bradford opportunities in year two that neither Ryan nor Flacco got from their coaching staffs.

Couple of comments1) you think the rookies are going to have an impact? WRs already have a big learning curve, but with the lockout, they aren't getting their reps.2) Sure, McDaniels likes to throw the ball, but he hasn't had a RB as good as Steven Jackson. Can't imagine that Jackson isn't going to touch ball 20+ times just because McDaniels is in town.
I think you're right in that the rookie impact may be minimal this year. I'm a Salas owner and I believe that. But I think the draft picks tend to telegraph the team's mission statement when it comes to Bradford. And all Bradford needs is for the veteran WR's on the team to be healthy and it's already an upgrade over last year.I think Jackson will get plenty of touches. But it might be more catches and less runs. More catches and less runs means more fantasy points for Bradford.

I was impressed with Sam Bradford, who wasn't? However, according to FBG scoring he still finished 20th in scoring in Qb's and played 16 games. We should expect progression but I can't predict a top 10 season, I think he falls just outside of that. I wouldn't fall over and die if he finished 8th but I would be a little surprised if he finishes any higher than that.

3700 yards, 22 td's 14 int's

100 yards rushing, 1 td

He just won me my second Superbowl in 5 season. He threw for 8,956 yards, 100 TD's 49 picks and ran for 4 TD's.

This was in my Madden online franchise, but should still be helpful.

Mediocre team with possibly the worst set of skill players at WR/TE in the league.

Big Sam Bradford fan, but I'm not sure adding a new coordinator and having him learn a new system with no offseason to prepare is a recipe for him jumping into the top 5 as many are predicting here. Further, I would expect the Rams to still feature SJAX in the redzone.

I see him throwing quite a bit, but not with terribly great efficiency or success given the above.

3600/6.7/20, 50/0

Bradford said Denario Alexander looks awesome. He said he looks fully healed and is faster than last year. Denario has elite skills. Avery is almost back to full speed too. Those two being healthy will give Sam 2 excellent deep threats, then add in possession WR's Clayton, Amendola and rookies Pettis and Salas and Bradford will have many options. And, they said rookie TE Kendricks looks the part. Big, athletic and fast is how they described him. If the Rams sign a legit #2 RB, this offence could be special. Their D will be very solid too.

Bradford is a star in the making, and though we should be cautious to expect a top 8-10 finish, it is certainly possible. Look he had 590 attempts last year, and I don't expect that to change much with McDaniels. Looking at the Rams draft, they clearly want to feature Bradford and not Steven Jackson as much. With targets like Clayton?, Avery, Salas, Amendola, Kendricks and DX, Bradford shpuld have no problem increasing his YPA.

According to the St. Louis Post Dispatch, Bradford has been taught the playbook by McD's brother and should have no trouble teaching it to his teammates. I firmly believe Bradford is capable of a top 5 finish, but in only his 2nd year, that could be too much to ask. I still believe he will have a very good year.

590 attempts x 7 YPA (Orton 7.0 and 7.3 in 2009-10) = 4130 yards. 25 TDs and 10 INTs.

Bradford, IMHO, is the best young QB in the game.Bradford's rookie numbers made Peyton Manning's rookie numbers laughable. Bradford's rookie numbers pretty much make everybody's rookie numbers look laughable...and he did it with second rate WRs/targets for a good portion of the year. Now add pass happy QB guru Josh McDaniels to the equation. Of all the QBs that are being undervalued this year, Bradford leads the charge IMHO, the estimates are much too conservative.4400 yards passing29 TDsBradford will assert himself as one of the premier QBs in the league in 2011 and most importantly he'll win a lot of fantasy leagues for those owners wise enough to draft him in the middle rounds while their competitors are drafting QBs with similar numbers in the 2nd and 3rd.
I'm revising these down to 4150 and 25 after looking at McDaniels' history a bit closer.

Bradford is going to light the league on fire over the next several seasons. I haven't seen a kid work so naturally in the pocket and show such a command of the field since Peyton, and I have no regrets in predicting a similar career for Bradford. Ryan and Flacco never really had that Peyton feel for me. I can't even really explain it. They just don't resonate "field general" to me as much as I get when I saw Peyton or, now, with Bradford. This guy commands the team, and I want in.

575 Attempts x 7.35 YPA = 4226 yards 28 TDs 18 INTs

Mediocre team with possibly the worst set of skill players at WR/TE in the league.Big Sam Bradford fan, but I'm not sure adding a new coordinator and having him learn a new system with no offseason to prepare is a recipe for him jumping into the top 5 as many are predicting here. Further, I would expect the Rams to still feature SJAX in the redzone.I see him throwing quite a bit, but not with terribly great efficiency or success given the above.3600/6.7/20, 50/0
I would love to have Bradford on my (nfl)team. Dude is amazing.That said, the Rams are still a terrible team. Bradford is one of the rare guys, IMO, who can cover up for the flaws and lack of talent on this roster. But I think last year was close to his ceiling until he gets some help.The OL is meh. SJax is winding down, and the WR corp is putrid. A healthy Avery would do wonders to his numbers.Bradford might throw for 4000 yards, but only if he tosses the rock 45 times/game...and plays 16 games.He's a buy and hold in dynasty, and a QB2 at best in redraft.Bradford: 336-546-3276, 20td, 18 int

The OL is meh. SJax is winding down, and the WR corp is putrid. A healthy Avery would do wonders to his numbers.
The oline is meh? The oline in St. L is one of the best in the league IMO. Their D is awful and so are their receiving options. Overall the team is poor. The oline is certainly not though.

The OL is meh. SJax is winding down, and the WR corp is putrid. A healthy Avery would do wonders to his numbers.
The oline is meh? The oline in St. L is one of the best in the league IMO. Their D is awful and so are their receiving options. Overall the team is poor. The oline is certainly not though.
Their D is much improved and their WR's are going to surprise a lot of people, especially if Avery and Clayton are 100%, which sounds like they are close.

Users who are viewing this thread