What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The cast from HBO's THE WIRE. Where are they now? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
The Wire is the greatest show of all time with a huge cast. These actors are showing up in all kinds of different places so let's keep track of where they are seen.

To get us started, here are some that were brought up in the official series thread:

Lt Daniels is a major character on the Fox series Fringe.

Stringer Bell and Beadie Russell both had recurring roles on The Office.

Herc was just on the current season of 24.

Kima Greggs was on a recent episode of The Good Wife.

Major Bunny Colvin was in the pilot of Lie To Me and a recent episode of How I Met Your Mother.

GO!

The actress(Deidre Lovejoy) that played Rhonda Pearlman has been in the series "Bones".

The actor (Clarke Peters) who played Lester Freamon was on the series "Damages"

McNulty love interest, Beatrice "Beadie" Russell " (Amy Ryan) was in "Gone Baby Gone" and appeared as Holly Flax in "The Office".

Last edited by a moderator:
Wendell "Bunk" Pierce just finished a nice Broadway run at the Lincoln Center Theatre in a play called "Broke-ology". Really nice role for him too. Pretty good play.

The reporter guy was on Homicide.

McNulty was in Rock Star.

Bubbles' white boy was the lead, "Telly" in the film Kids.

I saw Omar in that new movie that's coming out. Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

Bubbles, Sydnor, Omar, Wee Bey and Bodie were in Freeway's video for "What We Do"

Dennis "Cutty" Wise > Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Bubbles > Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Bunk and Lester are going to be starring in the new David Simon show, Treme, starting in April.

ETA: McNutty played the slimy senator guy that tried to swoop in on the queen in 300.

Is it really that hard to just link to each actors IMDB page or at least the shows IMDB full cast and crew page.
of course not, but where is the fun in that?when I watch a show or movie and see someone from The Wire that I wasn't expecting to see, this is where I will post about it.
Sorry, missed the part where this was just for fun. Thought it was a thread looking for what shows those actors where on currently. Was just trying to be helpful.Carry on. Enjoy.

Omar played a Policeman married to a BBW white woman (who was running around on him with a midget) in R. Kelly's opus Trapped in the Closet.

Wasn't one of the guys on "Generation Kill"? I never really watched The Wire but this is what I was told.

Michael is in the new 90210 knock-off. I tried to watch it just because he was in it, and lasted about 10 minutes.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the actor who played Kenard.

Another good pre-The Wire role for one of the actors was Wood Harris (Avon Barksdale) as Julius Campbell in Remember the Titans.

Ferris Bueller Fan said:
I never saw the movie, but Carcetti was the bad guy in some Die Hard 3 ripoff with Jon Cena as the hero. In the trailer, he looked nothing like Carcetti, but the voice was unmistakable.
"12 Rounds" was the movie. Carcetti was pretty decent in it as the villain.

Frank Sobotka is on HBO's True Blood. Also starred in the short-lived poker series Tilt. Lost of guest spots on various shows as well.

Ferris Bueller Fan said:
I never saw the movie, but Carcetti was the bad guy in some Die Hard 3 ripoff with Jon Cena as the hero. In the trailer, he looked nothing like Carcetti, but the voice was unmistakable.
"12 Rounds" was the movie. Carcetti was pretty decent in it as the villain.
carcetti was also in the jackie chan and owen wilson suckfest "shanghai knights", playing the evil british aristocrat...

McNulty plays the doctor role in the intro and outro on Eminem's Relapse. I didn't recognize it at first because he was talking in his regular British accent, but at one point he says the word "Christ" and it immediately sounded to me like McNulty. Looked it up and sure enough it was Dominic West.

I saw D'Angelo in some girly movie my wife was watching. He was a falmboyantly gay friend to some girls. Pretty funny seeing him in that role. I forget the movie.

I have seen Sobotka in a couple small TV roles.

Best part about this game is I point the Wire cast members out so much that my wife finally agreed with me that she needed to see the series. We just finished season 1 and she loves it. I envy her virgin experience with the show, especially when I know a great scene is coming up and she gets all into it. Watching it again is still great for me too, though, as I pick up on some things I didn't notice the first go through or don't remember them all.

For a while, it seemed like every other episode of Law & Order and L&O SVU had a different Wire actor on it.

Avon Barksdale played the Lead in the movie "Paid in Full"

Omar plays the BF of the hottie trying to seduce Chris Rock in "Why did I get married?"

Daniels had a reoccurring role on "Lost"

Users who are viewing this thread