What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Avengers (1 Viewer)

iamsmilin

I want one, but I'm not creative
The Avengers

Looks interesting. I wonder how they are going to handle a movie with that many superheros in it. I'm not too familiar with the Avengers so I don't have that many expectations coming into this movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Joss Whedon doing the writing and directing I am very optimistic about this being a top notch film (probably too optimistic).

With Joss Whedon doing the writing and directing I am very optimistic about this being a top notch film (probably too optimistic).
I haven't been too interested in any of the lead up movies to the Avengers, but I'm a big fan of Whedon and will blindly follow him to the box office.As far as films I think I've thoroughly enjoyed everything he has written so far, some for different reasons.1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer2. Toy Story3. Alien: Resurrection4. Titan A.E.5. SerenityNot a bad resume.

Not sure how this is going to be any better than the sum of its parts; Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man 2 were all pretty average...certainly nothing special. And Hulk was just bad.

With Joss Whedon anything is possible, though

I didn't realize Whedon was doing the script. I'm much more excited now. I love his stuff.

Netflix Instant has the 2010 animated series available now. It's not bad for a cartoon and tells the origin plus some of the better Avengers stories (Kang the Conqueror, the Kree, the S.H.I.E.L.D. prison breaks).

Not sure how this is going to be any better than the sum of its parts; Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man 2 were all pretty average...certainly nothing special. And Hulk was just bad.

With Joss Whedon anything is possible, though
With Norton? :no:

I am hopeful. Avengers wasn't one of my main reads but they had some good story arcs. I liked both the Iron Mans and Thor. Haven't seen Cap yet, maybe tomorrow. Looks like they aren't going to deal with Grey Hulk which is odd since the Hulk as we have known him in films was a real wild card and the Avengers would spend as much time handling him as the enemy.

Netflix Instant has the 2010 animated series available now. It's not bad for a cartoon and tells the origin plus some of the better Avengers stories (Kang the Conqueror, the Kree, the S.H.I.E.L.D. prison breaks).
:goodposting: Kids love this show. Its on Disney XD every Sunday morning at 7. The need new episodes.

:goodposting: Kids love this show. Its on Disney XD every Sunday morning at 7. The need new episodes.
Yea, I was pretty surprised when my four year son started getting into it. He's more of a Phineas and Ferb guy, but he loves HULK SMASH!##$ and Iron Man.

Looks great. I love that they are using Downey as comic relief, hopefully the movie won't take itself too seriously. I wonder if they are gonna throw in the love interests in a few scenes.

Who's the bad guy?
I heard at one point it was going to be Thanos (which would be OFFICIALLY awesome!) but in that trailer you just see Loki and a bunch of explosions.
Loki has a serious history with the Avengers. If we go by canon he is the reason the Avengers formed in the first place. He manipulated Hulk into going on a rampage and that brought the heroes together to stop him as I recall.

Who's the bad guy?
I heard at one point it was going to be Thanos (which would be OFFICIALLY awesome!) but in that trailer you just see Loki and a bunch of explosions.
Loki has a serious history with the Avengers. If we go by canon he is the reason the Avengers formed in the first place. He manipulated Hulk into going on a rampage and that brought the heroes together to stop him as I recall.
Correct. While Loki is clearly the mastermind of the antagonists, I did not get the feeling from the trailer that manipulating Hulk is a significant plot theme. Loki can't take the Avengers himself so I am very curious who he digs up who is powerful enough to give them pause.

Who's the bad guy?
Hopefully someone else comes in though since Loki was also in Thor. Of course a planet killer like Thanos is, imo, too big for the first one. It would be nice to have yet another baddie come to life.

Who's the bad guy?
Nothing is officially confirmed, but the buzz is that the Skrull will be the main antagonists in the movie along with Loki.

Looks great. I love that they are using Downey as comic relief, hopefully the movie won't take itself too seriously. I wonder if they are gonna throw in the love interests in a few scenes.
With Joss Whedon directing you can take this part to the bank.
:thumbup: I'm a big Buffy fan, so I am really excited about the story line and script.
Completely unrelated sidebar: I recently watched Buffy for the first time, it's a great show. Right now I am watching the current season of Weeds and I am certain the set they use for Andy's electric bike shop is the demon dive bar from Buffy.cool story

Who's the bad guy?
Hopefully someone else comes in though since Loki was also in Thor. Of course a planet killer like Thanos is, imo, too big for the first one. It would be nice to have yet another baddie come to life.
Well Loki created several villians. Including Absorbing Man who defeated all of Asgard before he was tricked by Odin. He was also a significant thorn in Thor's side many times.

Who's the bad guy?
Thanos is awesome. Perhaps my favorite comic book antagonist. I agree that he probably won't be in this one but presuming they get a trilogy out of this I have to imagine that he will appear eventually.

Who's the bad guy?
Nothing is officially confirmed, but the buzz is that the Skrull will be the main antagonists in the movie along with Loki.
Aren't the Skrull more a Fantastic Four group?

Who's the bad guy?
That would be great. The Kree Skrull war is a significant Avengers story arcs and it opens the door for characters like Mar-vel.

Who's the bad guy?
Originally, but as they moved into the Kree-Skrull story lines they were frequently in the Avengers.

Who's the bad guy?
This...
The plot is still a closely-held secret by director/writer Joss Whedon and the crew, but it involves Loki and an alien race out to invade earth.
was from here.

With Joss Whedon directing you can take this part to the bank.
:thumbup: I'm a big Buffy fan, so I am really excited about the story line and script.
Completely unrelated sidebar: I recently watched Buffy for the first time, it's a great show. Right now I am watching the current season of Weeds and I am certain the set they use for Andy's electric bike shop is the demon dive bar from Buffy.cool story
I haven't watched Weeds but I always get a kick of noticing things like that.

Side note - Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes might be the best animated superhero series ever done, and they have done a fantastic job of pulling in the classic and newer Avengers story arcs.

Who's the bad guy?
Originally, but as they moved into the Kree-Skrull story lines they were frequently in the Avengers.
Yeah I had forgotten they got tied up with Mar-Vell.

Trailer looks fun as heck, can't wait for this! If it was up to me, the Skrull would be the villains for this film and then Thanos would show up in part 2 with the Avengers recruiting the kid from the new Spiderman movie that comes out next year. :popcorn:

Trailer looks fun as heck, can't wait for this! If it was up to me, the Skrull would be the villains for this film and then Thanos would show up in part 2 with the Avengers recruiting the kid from the new Spiderman movie that comes out next year. :popcorn:
I doubt it happens but that's an excellent idea.

I doubt it happens but that's an excellent idea.
Different studios so it unfortunately won't happen. Sony still owns the Spiderman movie rights, not Marvel. I think the Kree-Skrull war makes the next logical film with the Skrull being introduced in this one. Then Thanos coming in for #3.

There's also going to be more Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America solo films, so plenty of opportunity to lay the foundation for great Avengers stories.

Users who are viewing this thread