What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SUPPORT SCIENCE! Please take my FF survey :) (1 Viewer)

mcflyguy22

Footballguy
Hi everybody!

There is a great paucity of literature on the psychological motivations and outcomes of playing fantasy football. For this reason, I am currently doing a thesis on the subject and would greatly appreciate approximately 10-15 minutes of your time to complete the following survey. I can't offer you money or awesome prizes but Lady Karma will surely reward you.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/79RMGLT

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll just be bumping this occasionally, hope nobody minds, really need respondents
Help a guy out and you can get sloppy seconds on Lady Karma when I'm done with her. Since it's "for science," I'm trying out some lab grown penasia on her.

i'll just be bumping this occasionally, hope nobody minds, really need respondents
Help a guy out and you can get sloppy seconds on Lady Karma when I'm done with her. Since it's "for science," I'm trying out some lab grown penasia on her.
although I don't agree on animal testing I am all for it in the case of lab grown penasia. I'm pretty sure those small wanged rats are for it too!

mcflyguy22 said:
Hi everybody!

There is a great paucity of literature on the psychological motivations and outcomes of playing fantasy football. For this reason, I am currently doing a thesis on the subject and would greatly appreciate approximately 10-15 minutes of your time to complete the following survey. I can't offer you money or awesome prizes but Lady Karma will surely reward you.

Thank you!
Word of the day calendar?

I took it. What do you expect to find?
well I'm hoping to find that people who believe they have more control over their FF outcomes will be more emotionally invested in games as determined by things like how alert they are during the games and how their mood is... that's a simplified version. I will definitely come back when I do have results and let everybody know.

You can send Lady Karma over tomorrow night between 6-8, wife will be out.
she has about 70 people to work through first but when she's done you can have her for however long you want! (ps bumping this thread so that I can get that number up to 100! thanks everyone who has completed it)

so far the survey is taking people an average of 10 mins to complete

started taking the survey, and realized most of the early questions revolved around watching NFL games. I don't watch or care about NFL games- I check my FF team at the end of the day and move on with my life. So, sorry- I exited from the Survey and didn't finish.

Good luck.

Done - but some poorly worded questions imo.

Asking about emotions during a game does not allow for the notion that emotions fluctuate with the success of the team - I am much better now, but I used to be a bear on Sundays if I was losing more than winning, and conversely was in a great mood if I was winning more than losing.

Done - but some poorly worded questions imo.

Asking about emotions during a game does not allow for the notion that emotions fluctuate with the success of the team - I am much better now, but I used to be a bear on Sundays if I was losing more than winning, and conversely was in a great mood if I was winning more than losing.
thank you for taking it as well as taking time to provide feedback, this is definitely a less than ideal design for the study but because I am limited in resources I have to accept that there will be some limitations in the design of my study. There is valuable data nonetheless! And hopefully I can do more work in the future on the subject.

started taking the survey, and realized most of the early questions revolved around watching NFL games. I don't watch or care about NFL games- I check my FF team at the end of the day and move on with my life. So, sorry- I exited from the Survey and didn't finish.

Good luck.
no worries, I appreciate the feedback and that you were willing to try taking it! The idea for this study came from me being at bars and seeing how intense some people were about their fantasy teams and how others kind of took it in stride, as well as personal examples of people I know who also represent this dichotomy of fantasy football consumers. If you don't watch then I'd assume you are quite casual !

mcflyguy22 said:
psychobillies said:
Done. I had to take some calls, but it took less than 10 minutes.
many thanks! I don't know if you're going to want lady karma by the time Fat Nick is through with her
Careful guys...I've got that burning/itching feeling this AM. I think Lady Karma is dirty.

mcflyguy22 said:
psychobillies said:
Done. I had to take some calls, but it took less than 10 minutes.
many thanks! I don't know if you're going to want lady karma by the time Fat Nick is through with her
Careful guys...I've got that burning/itching feeling this AM. I think Lady Karma is dirty.
I think she might also be Ladyboy Karma... she is from Thailand after all.

ps: bumping for more responses! So far I've had 100 views on the survey and 45 completed surveys (only thing useful to me is a COMPLETED survey!). I appreciate all the support so far, let's get more surveys in. If you play fantasy and have 10 minutes I would appreciate the help.

just fishing for more survey responses, appreciatin the love so far! I'm gonna have to start posting hot chick pics soon to gain interest

got over 50 completed surveys, need about 50 more! if you play fantasy and watch football then PLEASE take the survey! it only takes about 10 mins to complete

ahem ! almost at 60 responses so far, thanks and if you haven't taken this fantasy football survey please take it! only 10 mins and you'll contribute to SCIENCE! huzzah!

Hey guys, getting some great responses on the survey! We are at 61 total responses and 130 views. I need 39 more responses and ill send lady luck your way or give free advice on any topic you would like!

Day 4 of the survey, we are almost at 70 responses and I have had the survey viewed 138 times. If you haven't done the survey and you play fantasy football, please take it! It should only take 10 minutes approximately, as that has been the average time :) thanks and i'll send lady karma your way (dressed like a lady of the night)

I feel dirty pimping this survey out, but if you haven't taken it yet please do! It's about fantasy football and you might learn something about yourself along the way.

everyone is doing great, up to 70 responses but need 30 more!!! you're all wonderful beautiful people (said in my Richard simmons voice)

Playing fantasy football is delightful? :lol:

The last question could be reworded for me...Sometimes my mood makes me not want to do this activity

But Done and Done

The last question could be reworded for me...Sometimes my mood makes me not want to do this activity

But Done and Done
haha thanks man, and I totally understand, this year I've tried to watch less football because it really does mess with your head worrying about your fantasy teams

But Done and Done
haha thanks man, and I totally understand, this year I've tried to watch less football because it really does mess with your head worrying about your fantasy teams
I was more getting to the fact that my depression gets in the way of me enjoying FF. There are days when it is a major chore to set a lineup, when it used to be something I really really enjoy.

But it was a good survey. You want me to post it to my other board? There are probably 25-30 FF players on my movie board

But Done and Done
I was more getting to the fact that my depression gets in the way of me enjoying FF. There are days when it is a major chore to set a lineup, when it used to be something I really really enjoy.

But it was a good survey. You want me to post it to my other board? There are probably 25-30 FF players on my movie board
I would really really appreciate that. As long as they play fantasy football, they qualify for my study!

thanks a lot, can't say how surprised I am at the supportiveness I'm getting from this message board. I usually go to fantasysharks.com for their message boards but I am now starting to think I should spend more time here. Funny discussions too in this free for all area. Kangaroo fights? love it

Bump, we are doing great guys! I need aabout 17 more responses to reach my goal of 100 participants. You've all been awesome and supportive, just need some new participants to reach that goal! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread