What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting in Ottawa (1 Viewer)

Multiple shooters, one has been killed but still lots (20-50) more shots fired. One report says shooter is on roof of parliament building.

Multiple shooters, one has been killed but still lots (20-50) more shots fired. One report says shooter is on roof of parliament building.
I haven't seen anything about a second shooter. But I will say that almost every time something like this happens, there are always initial reports of "a possible second shooter" that they haven't found yet. Hopefully it was just the one and this is over.

I haven't seen anything about a second shooter. But I will say that almost every time something like this happens, there are always initial reports of "a possible second shooter" that they haven't found yet. Hopefully it was just the one and this is over.
Have you checked the grassy knoll?

Where did you see this. The globe, star and cbc are reporting 5 or 6 shots fired. One shooter dead after injuring a soldier and one other shooter still on the loose.

Both of them only had long guns as per witnesses...

Edit to add that the star and cbc now reporting that there is most likely only one shooter with a long gun and he is now dead

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you see this. The globe, star and cbc are reporting 5 or 6 shots fired. One shooter dead after injuring a soldier and one other shooter still on the loose.

Edit to add that the star and cbc now reporting that there is most likely only one shooter with a long gun and he is now dead
CBC Ottawa was/is saying more than 1

CBC Ottawa was/is saying more than 1
I think they were all saying there was an additional shooter but the star and cbc online now saying that he stole a car and drove around....there is some speculation still that there may be additional shooter but nothing confirms that at this point.

AP just said that shots also fired at shopping mall near Parliament.
Now they are saying "at least" 3 separate shooting incidents near Parliament. Yikes.
ISIS? :tinfoilhat:
This was actually what I thought. Maybe not the real ISIS, but some Canadian citizens that want to be part of ISIS.
Yeah, that's where my mind went with the extremist running over two soldiers a few days ago. If it turns out true that there were 3 different shooting locations, that leans highly toward extremists rather than your typical USA nutjob with a gun.

Now they are saying "at least" 3 separate shooting incidents near Parliament. Yikes.
This was actually what I thought. Maybe not the real ISIS, but some Canadian citizens that want to be part of ISIS.
if it was foreign driven, I would think it would be al-Qaeda.
Hasn't ISIS been calling for supporters to perpetrate attacks in their home countries for months now?

Hasn't ISIS been calling for supporters to perpetrate attacks in their home countries for months now?
If it was a Canadian resident/citizen who did it independently of any foreign help they could do it on behalf of any cause and ISIS would seem like a logical, top possibility.

If it was planned/funded by foreigners I just think it would be al-Qaeda. Of course, I'm just speculating.

BTW, it's confirmed more than 1, and they are NOT confirming that a gunman was killed.
Where are you getting it's confirmed more than one? Neither the globe, cbc, or star reporting that...all reporting gunman dead

On a positive note, only two injuries both not life threatening

If it was a Canadian resident/citizen who did it independently of any foreign help they could do it on behalf of any cause and ISIS would seem like a logical, top possibility.

If it was planned/funded by foreigners I just think it would be al-Qaeda. Of course, I'm just speculating.
Oh sure. Yeah, I don't believe ISIS has much in the way of foreign attack capabilities outside of convincing people already in place to 'rise up.'

@scottbix
Incredible shot: A woman gives mouth-to-mouth to a fallen soldier at the War Memorial http://bit.ly/1w9oqZN
The video from inside parliament in this link is nuts. There's a TON of shots. Sounds like the first one is a rifle, then a ton of hand gun shots.
Not trying to make light of the situation, but watching that video reminded me of playing a video game shooter.

BTW, it's confirmed more than 1, and they are NOT confirming that a gunman was killed.
Where are you getting it's confirmed more than one? Neither the globe, cbc, or star reporting that...all reporting gunman dead

I'm watching Ottawa news. CBC also just interviewed an Ottawa police officer (Marc Soucy) who was the one who wouldn't confirm they had killed a gunman, and said again that it was multiple suspects.

I'm watching Ottawa news. CBC also just interviewed an Ottawa police officer (Marc Soucy) who was the one who wouldn't confirm they had killed a gunman, and said again that it was multiple suspects.
I am not in front of a tv but it's interesting that cbc is not reporting that online...speculation there might be another shooter but all reporting that the shooter is dead

I am not in front of a tv but it's interesting that cbc is not reporting that online...speculation there might be another shooter but all reporting that the shooter is dead
CNN's main page

@scottbix
Incredible shot: A woman gives mouth-to-mouth to a fallen soldier at the War Memorial http://bit.ly/1w9oqZN
The video from inside parliament in this link is nuts. There's a TON of shots. Sounds like the first one is a rifle, then a ton of hand gun shots.
Not trying to make light of the situation, but watching that video reminded me of playing a video game shooter.
Be interesting to see how many times they hit they guy...he clearly fires once and they respond with a hail of bullets

CNN's main page

I am going to go with the local news first...cnn loves to be sensationalist.

CBC now reporting the Soucy interview...he just says he can't confirm that the gunmen is dead or anyone is under arrest

Funny how quickly things changed...went back to the star and apparently the soldier shot at the war memorial has died...sad

CNN's main page

I am going to go with the local news first...cnn loves to be sensationalist.
You do realize that "Numerous gunmen" is in quotes, right? This is because it's the police that have stated this.

Just read via Twitter that Canadian Government is confirming the death of the solider at the memorial. I removed the picture I had posted of them earlier in the day, was probably a mistake in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread