What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** Official Nintendo Wii U Thread **** (1 Viewer)

Mario Kart

Footballguy
http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/750-nintendo-debuts-wii-u

Nintendo, for the majority of this console generation, has been content to play its own game. Now it's ready to take the fight to Microsoft and Sony.

The company on Tuesday unveiled its next generation home video game machine -- dubbed Wii U -- that will be flush with the high-definition graphics gamers have come to expect, as well as a unique, touch-screen controller. It's scheduled to launch in 2012.

Like the Wii, the Wii U (which, despite the name, is not an institute of higher learning) revolves around and innovative controller. Equipped with a 6.2-inch LCD touch-screen, a camera, a microphone and an accelerometer, the controller acts as a sort of fusion of a gamepad, tablet PC and a handheld gaming system.

The system will allow players to transfer games from their TV to the controller seamlessly, something that will be handy for families with a single TV. In other words, Johnny won't need to turn off his Super Mario Bros. outing so that dad can watch the Cowboys game.

Nintendo also ran video demos showing off some of the ways in which the controller will interact with the console. Players will be able to ‘sling' elements from the controller to the TV, such as using the touch screen to throw shurikens at targets on their HD set.

Users will also be able to use it as a digital sketch pad, to have video chats and to surf the web.

Wii U's tablet-esque controller Nintendo Nintendo showed several demos for the system and said it had a version of its hit Super Smash Bros. in the works. The system's high definition capabilities put it on par with both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 -- and that seems to have won over developers, who have been slowly moving away from the Wii as sales of that system have faltered.

Among the publishers who have pledged support are Electronic Arts, THQ and Sega, who plan to bring games like Darksiders 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Assassin's Creed to the system.

The Wii was accused to being so focused on attracting a new type of player that the core gamer, who traditionally has made up the bulk of Nintendo's loyalist customer base, was left out. Nintendo made it very clear that it hopes to win that audience back with Wii U, but doesn't plan to abandon the masses who made the Wii so successful.

"Some hardware is seen as only appropriate for the most passionate players," said Satoru Iwara, global president of Nintendo. "Others, like Wii, they say, seem to attract a large number of casual gamers. As an industry, what we haven't achieved yet is a game platform that is equally satisfying for all players. This is exactly what we intend to create with our new platform."

While the Wii U was the company's primary focus at the event, it did announce several titles for the 3DS that should help the handheld system, which has seen sales stumble since its launch, regain ground. Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, a new Star Fox title and a game starring Nintendo icon Kid Icarus are all scheduled to hit stores this year.

And the 25th anniversary of its indomitable Legend of Zelda franchise hardly went unnoticed. Effective immediately, 3DS owners are able to download The Legend of Zenda: Link's Awakening for free in the newly-launched eShop. Next week, the 3DS exclusive remake of the classic Ocarina of Time hits stores, and by the end of the year, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be out for the Wii.

In September, DSi owners will be able to freely download the four-player co-op game The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. Before the end of the year, Nintendo plans to host a series of global symphony performances dedicated solely to the music of Zelda.
Back when the Wii came out, people laughed at the controller. Figured the Wii would never be anything given the craziness of the controller and unconventional aspect of it. I gave it a try and waited to see what it could do and how it is used. The people who were laughing back in the day about the Wii... I am figuratively crying here. I have no idea what I am looking at in the picture (I do know but I don't believe it). This looks like something I am not going to be interested in. Nintendo better have big plans for this but with so little information right now... uh oh.

I'm taking the wait and see approach but the fact that it already has better 3rd party support than the original Wii is definitely a good start.

I'll probably stick with Xbox/PS for now, but I'm intrigued.

Some really cool possibilities with this, but still sounds like online multiplayer will be severely lagging behind Microsoft and Sony.

November 18th for the best gaming system to date.

$300-$350

Will blow its next best competitor out of the window which is the Wii.

November 18th for the best gaming system to date.

$300-$350

Will blow its next best competitor out of the window which is the Wii.
MK-What made you change your mind from last year when it was something you probably wouldn't be interested in? The kids already have this as xmas item #1 based on name alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't really shown me anything of interest, but I'll probably buy it because I can't resist new electronics.

I'm pretty surprised at the prices. With hardware not far beyond what's in the Xbox 360 (which is selling for a profit at $199), they've got to be making a killing on the hardware alone.

Kids (6 and 4) got this for Christmas. Anyone find a game (outside of Nintendo Land or Mario) that would be age appropriate? I'm looking for some drawing games, but I haven't seen anything yet. Anything available in the Nintendo store?

I got it for Christmas (along with NintendoLand, New Super Mario U, ZombiU, and Just Dance 4 (or whatever)).

Its pretty awesome. ZombiU is intense (two screens changes so much, but its hard to explain until you do it and you are used to it). Nintendo Land is some ridiculously cool tech demos of the kind of stuff that can be done, and I'm excited for when Nintendo comes out with full games like the Zelda and Metroid games at minimum. The ninja star one is pretty sweet, too.

As far as games for kids. If you buy Wiimotes (one doesn't come with the system), you can play any Wii games, so the full list of Wii games for kids is applicable to the WiiU. That's probably your best bet beyond the few WiiU specific games (plus they are WAY cheaper)

Can you play older Wii games on the WiiU?

i read it is but can I use all my games and controllers?

Can you play older Wii games on the WiiU?i read it is but can I use all my games and controllers?
Yes. All games and controllers work, and soon they will give you the ability to transfer your Wii Virtual Console games over to your WiiU (if they haven't already).The only issue with controllers is that many WiiU games seem to require Motion+ more, so I'm just upgrading all my WiiMotes slowly (but ASAP).

Can you play older Wii games on the WiiU?i read it is but can I use all my games and controllers?
Yes. All games and controllers work, and soon they will give you the ability to transfer your Wii Virtual Console games over to your WiiU (if they haven't already).The only issue with controllers is that many WiiU games seem to require Motion+ more, so I'm just upgrading all my WiiMotes slowly (but ASAP).
Is that the big square piece you plug into the bottom of the wiimote that came with Sport Resorts?Our WII is dieing. We can only play disc games, I can't even get into the settings screen anymore without a corrupt file message. I've tried a few fixes but haven't really sat down and tried in detail to fix it yet.

Thought about getting this for Xmas as one of our vendors sent me a $100 gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket. The controller kind of turned me off for now. Do you have to pay $100 for a second one or something? And yeah, $350 seems kind of high as another poster alluded to. Maybe when this has a year or so under its belt. It'll probably be cheaper then.

Is that the big square piece you plug into the bottom of the wiimote that came with Sport Resorts?Our WII is dieing. We can only play disc games, I can't even get into the settings screen anymore without a corrupt file message. I've tried a few fixes but haven't really sat down and tried in detail to fix it yet.
yeah, the square that came with Sports Resorts upgrades those wiimotes to +, any new ones you buy now are already built in with motion+.

Thought about getting this for Xmas as one of our vendors sent me a $100 gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket. The controller kind of turned me off for now. Do you have to pay $100 for a second one or something? And yeah, $350 seems kind of high as another poster alluded to. Maybe when this has a year or so under its belt. It'll probably be cheaper then.
You can't buy a second one in the United States as of yet, but there aren't any games released for it that use a second Game Pad.The Game Pad is awesome, btw. Changes EVERYTHING.Any multiplayer games switch to Wiimotes or the Classic Controller (generally Wiimotes)

You can't buy a second one in the United States as of yet, but there aren't any games released for it that use a second Game Pad.The Game Pad is awesome, btw. Changes EVERYTHING.Any multiplayer games switch to Wiimotes or the Classic Controller (generally Wiimotes)
That kind of sucks. So are they under the impression that actual gamers only play single player and everyone else is a casual gamer that likes the Wiimotes? They lost traction and faltered as that fad wore off, like the original article notes. Glad I waited - seems this is mostly a kiddie game system still with few kiddie games out right now. If we want to play Wii games with Wiimotes, well, we have a Wii.

Can you play older Wii games on the WiiU?

i read it is but can I use all my games and controllers?
side hijack - anyone have thoughts on this?

As a nintendo zombie since the first NES came out, I wanted to love this system, but I just can't. I was all set for this to be the 'big' gift for my two sons, but everything I read just really rubbed me the wrong way, so I held off. After playing the new Mario at my brother's house, I'm glad I did.

Apparently I'm not the only one either. I work at Toys R Us part time during Christmas and we still had a ton of the 'white' systems left as of last night. The 'black' ones sold out Christmas eve and even than they were sitting in our electronics store room for two weeks up until that point. That was unheard of when the Wii was released. We could get 100 on and sell out in an hour.

Anyway, when the 'black' system goes to $250, I'll probably get one. I'm not in a hurry though by any stretch of the imagination.

That kind of sucks. So are they under the impression that actual gamers only play single player and everyone else is a casual gamer that likes the Wiimotes? They lost traction and faltered as that fad wore off, like the original article notes. Glad I waited - seems this is mostly a kiddie game system still with few kiddie games out right now. If we want to play Wii games with Wiimotes, well, we have a Wii.
No, they are under the impression that the Wiimote gives the other players all the connection to the games they need. Let's use Nintendo Land as an example:1. Zelda mini game - Game Pad = archer, uses the second screen to aim and shoot. Main screen is used by up to 4 others as sword-wielding characters who slash at bad guys using Wii Motion+ Controllers.2. Metroid - game pad pilots a ship (controls via screen). Wiimotes play split-screen on the tv walking on the ground controlling a character with abilities similar to Samus in Metroid Prime.3. Luigi's Mansion - on the Game Pad, the user controls a ghost. On the screen the other up to 4 players see their ghost busters, but can't see the ghost unless the ghost is in a light. They go after eachother (ghost sneaking up behind, ghost hunters shining lights around to find ghost).4. Ninja game - you hold the Game Pad sideways and shoot ninja stars/bombs with it and you can use your swipes to add spin to the stars so they curve around things in air. (very cool and very precise)ZombiU does two things. At times (for instance, when you're in a gun turret) it shows a movie view backed far away (and useless for aiming) of what is happening around you on the tv while showing you where you are shooting/aiming on the Game Pad. Other times it shows you inventory on the game pad and any other "heads up display" kind of stuff (maps, etc.) on the Game Pad while leaving the screen free of clutter for the most part.Supposedly Skylanders had plans at some point to use the Game Pad as the portal. Don't know if that is still in plans or not.There are TONS of awesome uses for this stuff (not to mention the "use the tv for non-gaming and continue gaming on the Game Pad alone" functions). The point is that Nintendo is giving developers tools to use to make the game play better and more fun, everyone else is just giving them prettier pictures.The only time you'd need more than 1 Game Pad was to, say, call plays in Madden (and they will be releasing Game Pads for solo sale in America soon, they just didn't need to at launch because no games used it).

As a nintendo zombie since the first NES came out, I wanted to love this system, but I just can't. I was all set for this to be the 'big' gift for my two sons, but everything I read just really rubbed me the wrong way, so I held off. After playing the new Mario at my brother's house, I'm glad I did. Apparently I'm not the only one either. I work at Toys R Us part time during Christmas and we still had a ton of the 'white' systems left as of last night. The 'black' ones sold out Christmas eve and even than they were sitting in our electronics store room for two weeks up until that point. That was unheard of when the Wii was released. We could get 100 on and sell out in an hour.Anyway, when the 'black' system goes to $250, I'll probably get one. I'm not in a hurry though by any stretch of the imagination.
Seems like just about every Nintendo system ever created has been this way (sold out in minutes for quite some time after release) except for the Game Cube. Not a good sign for them.

As a nintendo zombie since the first NES came out, I wanted to love this system, but I just can't. I was all set for this to be the 'big' gift for my two sons, but everything I read just really rubbed me the wrong way, so I held off. After playing the new Mario at my brother's house, I'm glad I did. Apparently I'm not the only one either. I work at Toys R Us part time during Christmas and we still had a ton of the 'white' systems left as of last night. The 'black' ones sold out Christmas eve and even than they were sitting in our electronics store room for two weeks up until that point. That was unheard of when the Wii was released. We could get 100 on and sell out in an hour.Anyway, when the 'black' system goes to $250, I'll probably get one. I'm not in a hurry though by any stretch of the imagination.
Seems like just about every Nintendo system ever created has been this way (sold out in minutes for quite some time after release) except for the Game Cube. Not a good sign for them.
I think he's saying they are easy to come buy which is unheard of

to be blunt... Anyone who bought the white one made a mistake. It doesn't have enough memory and Nintendo Land itself is worth most of the price of the upgrade.They should have just made one version available, but they didn't want their base system to go over a certain threshold, so they released basically a gutted version.the white one shouldn't sell.What didn't you like about New Super Mario Bros U? I'm on world 3 and love it. Feels like a super-nice SM3 or SMW with a bunch of extra bells and whistles. Having a blast with "Challange Mode", too (and having my pretty accurate Mii in a Mario Costume playing is cool, too)

As a nintendo zombie since the first NES came out, I wanted to love this system, but I just can't. I was all set for this to be the 'big' gift for my two sons, but everything I read just really rubbed me the wrong way, so I held off. After playing the new Mario at my brother's house, I'm glad I did.

Apparently I'm not the only one either. I work at Toys R Us part time during Christmas and we still had a ton of the 'white' systems left as of last night. The 'black' ones sold out Christmas eve and even than they were sitting in our electronics store room for two weeks up until that point. That was unheard of when the Wii was released. We could get 100 on and sell out in an hour.

Anyway, when the 'black' system goes to $250, I'll probably get one. I'm not in a hurry though by any stretch of the imagination.
to be blunt... Anyone who bought the white one made a mistake. It doesn't have enough memory and Nintendo Land itself is worth most of the price of the upgrade.They should have just made one version available, but they didn't want their base system to go over a certain threshold, so they released basically a gutted version.

the white one shouldn't sell.

What didn't you like about New Super Mario Bros U? I'm on world 3 and love it. Feels like a super-nice SM3 or SMW with a bunch of extra bells and whistles. Having a blast with "Challange Mode", too (and having my pretty accurate Mii in a Mario Costume playing is cool, too)
So this is the right one?

Got our two boys the Deluxe 32 GB edition and they love it so far. Nintendo Land is definitely worth the upgrade alone. They also have the Super Mario WiiU game, Rise of the Guardians and Scribblenauts Unlimited. I thought they'd be playing Mario non-stop by now but they've been playing a lot of Nintendo Land and Scribblenauts. They don't like the Guardians game as much... and it was much cheaper.

They're doing fine: http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/wii-u-sales-data-some-good/783765They have a few problems with sales:

1. they're the most expensive system.

2. they don't have a Zelda game, a 3D Mario game, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, or any of the other A+++++ system sellers out yet.

3. not a lot of games

4. bad "reputation" among core gamers who won't give it a chance and are resistant to change.

But its still selling pretty well (especially in America and Japan) and the Wiis are still selling at pretty high numbers, too.

No, they are under the impression that the Wiimote gives the other players all the connection to the games they need. Let's use Nintendo Land as an example:1. Zelda mini game - Game Pad = archer, uses the second screen to aim and shoot. Main screen is used by up to 4 others as sword-wielding characters who slash at bad guys using Wii Motion+ Controllers.2. Metroid - game pad pilots a ship (controls via screen). Wiimotes play split-screen on the tv walking on the ground controlling a character with abilities similar to Samus in Metroid Prime.3. Luigi's Mansion - on the Game Pad, the user controls a ghost. On the screen the other up to 4 players see their ghost busters, but can't see the ghost unless the ghost is in a light. They go after eachother (ghost sneaking up behind, ghost hunters shining lights around to find ghost).4. Ninja game - you hold the Game Pad sideways and shoot ninja stars/bombs with it and you can use your swipes to add spin to the stars so they curve around things in air. (very cool and very precise)ZombiU does two things. At times (for instance, when you're in a gun turret) it shows a movie view backed far away (and useless for aiming) of what is happening around you on the tv while showing you where you are shooting/aiming on the Game Pad. Other times it shows you inventory on the game pad and any other "heads up display" kind of stuff (maps, etc.) on the Game Pad while leaving the screen free of clutter for the most part.Supposedly Skylanders had plans at some point to use the Game Pad as the portal. Don't know if that is still in plans or not.There are TONS of awesome uses for this stuff (not to mention the "use the tv for non-gaming and continue gaming on the Game Pad alone" functions). The point is that Nintendo is giving developers tools to use to make the game play better and more fun, everyone else is just giving them prettier pictures.The only time you'd need more than 1 Game Pad was to, say, call plays in Madden (and they will be releasing Game Pads for solo sale in America soon, they just didn't need to at launch because no games used it).
They're trying to make gaming consoles that are actually about playing games. The Wii has proven to fall short in this area for the most part because they put such an emphasis on the controller itself. This appears to be along the same lines, but with a different controller to shoehorn the devs into.The games that get the most use on my Wii are Kirby, New Super Mario, stuff that doesn't even use motion controls. The kids get bored with the motion control mini games very quickly. Kinect is the same thng. It's fine to try and innovate, but no one has actually pulled off motion controls successfully enough to make a worthwhille and immersive gaming experience. Trying to make the entire console about the "innovative controller" rather than making that controller an accessory doesn't seem to be a recipe for success and is too limiting for devs of a system. They're not really giving them tools, they're imposing restrictions. We had trackballs and innovative controllers with Atari 2600's - this concept works far better as an accessory. And now that people have seen how the Wii motion control fad played out, it seems they aren't really excited to jump into more of pretty much the same.I'm guessing these controllers are going to run like $100 as well, kind of crazy.

Agreed, I'm saying its pretty unheard of in the history of Nintendo dating back to the mid 80's. My parents had to get on a wait list to get an NES like 2 years after its release. Super Nintendos and Nintendo 64's were much of the same. The only system that wasn't this way was Nintendo's big flop. So this isn't a great sign.

So if I try to explain this to the wife. Neither of us are sold yet.

Other than the HD gaming - and the new tablet controller - what else is better/different than a Wii

Agreed, I'm saying its pretty unheard of in the history of Nintendo dating back to the mid 80's. My parents had to get on a wait list to get an NES like 2 years after its release. Super Nintendos and Nintendo 64's were much of the same. The only system that wasn't this way was Nintendo's big flop. So this isn't a great sign.
:confused:Perhaps I am remembering wrong, but I don't remember having any problem getting a NES, SNES or Nintendo 64. It wasn't until the Wii that this started, afaik.

:confused:Perhaps I am remembering wrong, but I don't remember having any problem getting a NES, SNES or Nintendo 64. It wasn't until the Wii that this started, afaik.
Yeah - I don't remember that either, not saying it's wrong but I picked up a NES an N64 pretty easily :shrug:

I'll never forget when I got my NES. My brother and I were planning on using our Christmas money and my Brithday loot (my B-day is Jan 10th, so right after Christmas) to get one. My mom who, God bless her, tried to get one for us during Christmas kinda rolled her eyes and said ok. After my B-day, we had just enough for the system and a game. My bro and I called everywhere in Delaware to no avail. After two weeks we kinda gave up. That weekend after we decided to look elsewhere to spend our cash we were visiting my grandparents in Virginia and, unknown to my parents, I had my loot in my wallet. We stopped at a local mom and pop 'radio shack' kind of store for a headlight bulb since our burned out and it was pouring rain. I went in with my dad and there it was, right by the register: a brand new NES system. I almost choked on my skittles.

I ran up to the guy to ask if it was for sale and he said 'Yup, delivery guy just brought it in'. My Dad looked kind of nervous and said "Buddy, we didn't bring that kind of money with us and I left the card at home". I than whipped out my Eagles wallet and shoved it's contents to the guy at the counter. After he gave me back about $30 extra that I threw at him he chuckled and handed over the holy grail.

I STILL have that system and it works perfectly. My brother and I, to this day, still throw in Tecmo Bowl and play whenever he comes over.

Yeah - I don't remember that either, not saying it's wrong but I picked up a NES an N64 pretty easily :shrug:
NES and SNES were really hard to come by initially. Not Wii-hard to come by, but still hard none-the-less. N64 I don't remember. I didn't get that until a year after it was released.

There is a Wii U Pro controller that basically looks like a cross-bread of an SNES controller and an XBox 360 controller. There are plenty of options for gamers.

They're trying to make gaming consoles that are actually about playing games. The Wii has proven to fall short in this area for the most part because they put such an emphasis on the controller itself. This appears to be along the same lines, but with a different controller to shoehorn the devs into.The games that get the most use on my Wii are Kirby, New Super Mario, stuff that doesn't even use motion controls. The kids get bored with the motion control mini games very quickly. Kinect is the same thng. It's fine to try and innovate, but no one has actually pulled off motion controls successfully enough to make a worthwhille and immersive gaming experience. Trying to make the entire console about the "innovative controller" rather than making that controller an accessory doesn't seem to be a recipe for success and is too limiting for devs of a system. They're not really giving them tools, they're imposing restrictions. We had trackballs and innovative controllers with Atari 2600's - this concept works far better as an accessory. And now that people have seen how the Wii motion control fad played out, it seems they aren't really excited to jump into more of pretty much the same.I'm guessing these controllers are going to run like $100 as well, kind of crazy.
I don't know, from what I've seen of Skyward Sword, they pulled it off with that.The biggest problem is the graphics snobs who wouldn't even try to develop for Wii because it didn't have enough graphical power.Nintendo has done just fine with the Wiimote and the Game Pad and other things they've done. Third parties haven't done much with them, but that isn't Nintendo's fault.BTW, there is no requirement for WiiU games to use the Game Pad or Motion Controllers, and they even sell a controller that is more traditional that is used by the new Call of Duty.

There is a Wii U Pro controller that basically looks like a cross-bread of an SNES controller and an XBox 360 controller. There are plenty of options for gamers.
:goodposting:

I don't remember the systems being hard to come by either. At least in my area. But I can remember a handful of games that were ridiculously hard to find. The original Playstation was the first I can recall being hard to find, but I wasn't interested in it at the time to worry about it.

NES and SNES were really hard to come by initially. Not Wii-hard to come by, but still hard none-the-less. N64 I don't remember. I didn't get that until a year after it was released.
I got my SNES for free by calling up Nintendo, telling them I was putting together a gaming magazine and wanted to review it. They didn't check anything, next thing you know I've got a SNES and pile of games on my doorstep. Had that giant gun and everything, it was pretty awesome. N64 was tough that first year. I was in Best Buy and happened to see one on the rack and took it home. My buddy was trying to give one to his cousin or some crap and couldn't find one anywhere and was begging me for it for weeks. He wasn't that good of a friend though, so no N64 for you.

Interesting. But now that's another $100 to drop on a pair of those, and are there any games that really use that now?

50% more powerful than Wii? That seems pretty bad, have they heard of Moore's law? How is someone going to port something designed for an Xbox 720 or PS4 over to this without a pile of effort? That's not going to help their issues with 3rd party devs.
no one has any idea what those systems are going to do, and going by what people seem willing to spend on video game systems, there is no way that those systems are that much of a graphical leap above the Wii U.and no one knows how much more powerful the Wii is than anything else, Nintendo hasn't released official #s for its specs, anything you read that says anything concrete is speculation.

50% more powerful than Wii? That seems pretty bad, have they heard of Moore's law? How is someone going to port something designed for an Xbox 720 or PS4 over to this without a pile of effort? That's not going to help their issues with 3rd party devs.
no one has any idea what those systems are going to do, and going by what people seem willing to spend on video game systems, there is no way that those systems are that much of a graphical leap above the Wii U.and no one knows how much more powerful the Wii is than anything else, Nintendo hasn't released official #s for its specs, anything you read that says anything concrete is speculation.
I'm just going by what the article you linked stated. If the guy is going to wildly speculate on specs that aren't even released, I guess he isn't a very reputable source.What people are willing to spend doesn't necessarily dictate what the specs of these systems will be anyways when Sony and Microsoft seem to be willing to eat costs to get a console in your hands and make money on residuals while Nintendo seems to want a large profit margin on the system itself.

I keep hearing that Microsoft and especially Sony are looking for their next console to support Ultra HD.

I keep hearing that Microsoft and especially Sony are looking for their next console to support Ultra HD.
yeah, but how much is it going to cost? Microsoft and Sony both lost a ton of money on the launch of PS3 and XBox360 (this is the first time Nintendo has EVER lost money on a launch of a system, and I'd be surprised if they are losing much).If they come out with $600 systems again, they're gonna bomb. And I don't see them going much past the Wii U without either giving it a 2 or 3 year head start or making it ridiculously expensive.

yeah, but how much is it going to cost? Microsoft and Sony both lost a ton of money on the launch of PS3 and XBox360 (this is the first time Nintendo has EVER lost money on a launch of a system, and I'd be surprised if they are losing much).If they come out with $600 systems again, they're gonna bomb. And I don't see them going much past the Wii U without either giving it a 2 or 3 year head start or making it ridiculously expensive.
The author of your article seems to suggest that the specs are similar to a current 360 or PS3. There's a 0% chance that the 720 and PS4 aren't significantly more powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread