What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Cake league (2 Viewers)

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic
Starting new thread so I can update first post.

1. shuke

2. cosjobs

3. Tre/zilla

4. Hack

5. Tobias Funke/moops

6. Tremendous upside

7. Kraft

8. Tat

9. sammy/Eephus

10. Truck/Dr. Detroit

11. Chemical X

12. Scupper!!!!

13. GM

14. Pickles

15. Giant Wood Badger

16. Jethro

Draft to start 2/15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please submit your votes.Innings limits: 1250/1325/1400Buy in: $75/$100
Just curious here - WHY would you have innings limits? Those are for yahoo leagues.....real leagues have no maximum and the best have no minimum. Let people do what they think gives them the best shot to win the league

Please submit your votes.Innings limits: 1250/1325/1400Buy in: $75/$100
Just curious here - WHY would you have innings limits? Those are for yahoo leagues.....real leagues have no maximum and the best have no minimum. Let people do what they think gives them the best shot to win the leagueDo your "real" leagues have positional player game limits?I think regardless of whether you have minimums and/or maximums, you have to have a strategy to maximize value.

Do your "real" leagues have positional player game limits?

I think regardless of whether you have minimums and/or maximums, you have to have a strategy to maximize value.
Eligibility requirements sureGame limits? Like how many times a guy can be in your lineup? Abso####inglutely Not

I think regardless of whether you have minimums and/or maximums, you have to have a strategy to maximize value.
Eligibility requirements sureGame limits? Like how many times a guy can be in your lineup? Abso####inglutely Not

Then it just devolves into a churn and burn through the waiver wire for pitchers and position players. It also crushes the value of players who get hurt, as crappy guys who play 160 games are worth more than a star who has a couple of DL stints

Then it just devolves into a churn and burn through the waiver wire for pitchers and position players. It also crushes the value of players who get hurt, as crappy guys who play 160 games are worth more than a star who has a couple of DL stintsTU - I value your comment so please explain how game limits work.....what are roster limits?........what happens to a player if he reaches the limit on your team? does he thrown out? thrown back? Seems like you guys will have even more rules than most leagues to handle artifical limits

Then it just devolves into a churn and burn through the waiver wire for pitchers and position players. It also crushes the value of players who get hurt, as crappy guys who play 160 games are worth more than a star who has a couple of DL stintsTU - I value your comment so please explain how game limits work.....what are roster limits?........what happens to a player if he reaches the limit on your team? does he thrown out? thrown back? Seems like you guys will have even more rules than most leagues to handle artifical limitsIt's a position limit...you only get 162 games at 1B for example...You would stop accumulating stats for that position once the limit is reached...it does not affect who is on your roster...This prevents waiver wire vulturing of players simply because of their schedule or whether they are playing today when your starter is off...

In a 5X5 where you have 3 counting stats categories on offense versus 2 rate categories, this skews value

It also "feels" more like real baseball, as you draft a team and then, for the most part, manage that roster, with injuries and sub par performance a part of in season mnagement...

Without limits you could turn your entire team over every day, which seems artificial, at least to me

Then it just devolves into a churn and burn through the waiver wire for pitchers and position players. It also crushes the value of players who get hurt, as crappy guys who play 160 games are worth more than a star who has a couple of DL stints
TU - I value your comment so please explain how game limits work.....what are roster limits?........what happens to a player if he reaches the limit on your team? does he thrown out? thrown back? Seems like you guys will have even more rules than most leagues to handle artifical limitsIt's a position limit...you only get 162 games at 1B for example...You would stop accumulating stats for that position once the limit is reached...it does not affect who is on your roster...This prevents waiver wire vulturing of players simply because of their schedule or whether they are playing today when your starter is off...

In a 5X5 where you have 3 counting stats categories on offense versus 2 rate categories, this skews value

It also "feels" more like real baseball, as you draft a team and then, for the most part, manage that roster, with injuries and sub par performance a part of in season mnagement...

Without limits you could turn your entire team over every day, which seems artificial, at least to me

No idea where Hook is coming from on this. If you don't have GP and IP maximums, that most likely means you are competing in a league with weekly roster changes instead of daily. In that scenario, the lack of GP/IP limits makes sense because the rigid transaction rule allows for speculative weekly decisions and eliminates the concern of someone roster churning.

TU - I value your comment so please explain how game limits work.....what are roster limits?........what happens to a player if he reaches the limit on your team? does he thrown out? thrown back? Seems like you guys will have even more rules than most leagues to handle artifical limitsIt's a position limit...you only get 162 games at 1B for example...You would stop accumulating stats for that position once the limit is reached...it does not affect who is on your roster...This prevents waiver wire vulturing of players simply because of their schedule or whether they are playing today when your starter is off...

No idea where Hook is coming from on this. If you don't have GP and IP maximums, that most likely means you are competing in a league with weekly roster changes instead of daily. In that scenario, the lack of GP/IP limits makes sense because the rigid transaction rule allows for speculative weekly decisions and eliminates the concern of someone roster churning.Yes I mostly play in Weekly Lineup leagues - but I have played in Daily Transaction leagues and no one is going to beat a good team by making changes every day as long as their are roster requirements - you could turn and burn your last SP spot but you are never going to toss Halladay or Kershaw or even Tim Hudson to find a guy who is starting that day.

TU - I value your comment so please explain how game limits work.....what are roster limits?........what happens to a player if he reaches the limit on your team? does he thrown out? thrown back? Seems like you guys will have even more rules than most leagues to handle artifical limits
It's a position limit...you only get 162 games at 1B for example...You would stop accumulating stats for that position once the limit is reached...it does not affect who is on your roster...This prevents waiver wire vulturing of players simply because of their schedule or whether they are playing today when your starter is off...

No idea where Hook is coming from on this. If you don't have GP and IP maximums, that most likely means you are competing in a league with weekly roster changes instead of daily. In that scenario, the lack of GP/IP limits makes sense because the rigid transaction rule allows for speculative weekly decisions and eliminates the concern of someone roster churning.Yes I mostly play in Weekly Lineup leagues

- but I have played in Daily Transaction leagues and no one is going to beat a good team by making changes every day as long as their are roster requirements - you could turn and burn your last SP spot but you are never going to toss Halladay or Kershaw or even Tim Hudson to find a guy who is starting that day.Rookie.

Users who are viewing this thread