What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameron Wake to DE? (1 Viewer)

Colts Rule!

Footballguy
Anyone have more insight into the rumor that the Fins could switch to a 4-3 this year which would move Wake from his OLB slot into the right DE slot? This move would be huge for Wake's IDP value I assume everyone would agree. I'm wondering if it's worth taking a shot at trading for him with the hope that this happens. Ironically, I also have Everson Griffen on my roster who could potentially move from an end slot to an OLB slot so I'd love some insight on that likelihood as well. The last thing I would want to have happen to me is for both of them to end up with MFL designations of LB.

Will be interesting to see how they align the LB's as well.

Dansby in the middle? Burnett on the weakside?

As for Wake, it definitely boosts his value, but I wonder how it effects his production if he has to put his hand in the dirt.

I'd guess it's Sam Dansby, Mike Misi, and Will Burnett... unless they sign or draft someone to make it Backup Misi.

I'd guess it's Sam Dansby, Mike Misi, and Will Burnett... unless they sign or draft someone to make it Backup Misi.
I think it may be Cut Misi. He looks like a 3-4 OLB to me. Maybe a backup rush DE but not a Mike IMOI think Wake is undersized for DE too but could be somewhat like Clemons in SEA

Another thing I didn't think of... Maybe Channing Crowder comes back with a new coaching staff.

Do you know when MFL is gonna make the first role changes ?

June ? July ?
They usually don't do anything based on hearsay or what-if's, they usually wait until the team updates the player positions then they update the database. This usually happens just before the season starts, mid to late August would be my best guess.

Last year, MFL did the first round of updates on June 7th, second round of updates on August 24th.

@AdamSchefter: Cameron Wake and the Miami Dolphins reached agreement on a 4-yr, $49 million extension that includes $20 million guaranteed.

So what do we expect really from Wake at DE this year?

Everyone is so excited about his move to DE, but actually, in my league's scoring system, even at DL he ranked as the #38 DL last year, so no better than a DL3/4 in a standard 12 team league (and well below alot of guys typically ranked lower than him). Yet, he is listed in the top 10 in most DL ranks.

So what are we expecting in terms of actual stats this year? Is the move going to give him increased tackle and rush/sack opportunities? I've read other places that some people expect Wake to basically repeat last year's stats.....if that's the case, he's not worth his very high ranking, at least in my league.

So are we expecting similar stats to last year, or should I be expecting a big boost in stats across the board?

So what do we expect really from Wake at DE this year?

Everyone is so excited about his move to DE, but actually, in my league's scoring system, even at DL he ranked as the #38 DL last year, so no better than a DL3/4 in a standard 12 team league (and well below alot of guys typically ranked lower than him). Yet, he is listed in the top 10 in most DL ranks.

So what are we expecting in terms of actual stats this year? Is the move going to give him increased tackle and rush/sack opportunities? I've read other places that some people expect Wake to basically repeat last year's stats.....if that's the case, he's not worth his very high ranking, at least in my league.

So are we expecting similar stats to last year, or should I be expecting a big boost in stats across the board?
Wake would have 26th in FBG DL scoring. His consensus ranking here is a mid DL2. I expect his stats to be somewhere between his last 2 years for now. Because of the position change, Wake is not easy to rank right now, which is why I have him 20th or so. I need to see how he plays DE in preseason before I can comment further or adjust his ranking.

Users who are viewing this thread