What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just a Thought...MFL...? (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
I know technically MFL probably hasn't opened for business for the 2013 fantasy season.....and I am not sure how we get the "hook up" and are able to run these over there for free.....but....if we are really kind of just keeping everything the same, couldn't we see if we could just tee up these drafts over there and then "renew" with the hookup or something when renewal time comes or something....or just start a new 2012 draft right now under the current system and "hit the magic button" or whatever later to activate....it is just nice and clean over there and we don't have to worry about duplicate picks, updating the first post, color coding, timing issues, etc....if not, no big deal....but if the end goal is to have these over there anyway, it might be worth at least asking...

I know technically MFL probably hasn't opened for business for the 2013 fantasy season.....and I am not sure how we get the "hook up" and are able to run these over there for free.....but....if we are really kind of just keeping everything the same, couldn't we see if we could just tee up these drafts over there and then "renew" with the hookup or something when renewal time comes or something....or just start a new 2012 draft right now under the current system and "hit the magic button" or whatever later to activate....it is just nice and clean over there and we don't have to worry about duplicate picks, updating the first post, color coding, timing issues, etc....if not, no big deal....but if the end goal is to have these over there anyway, it might be worth at least asking...
My plan was to do the wsls here and transfer. The remaining leagues we would do both places at the same time. Picks would be posted here, but everyone would have the commish password to add the picks there. The reason keeping the draft boards here to promote discussion and allow longtime owners who are blocked for mfl at work to continue to play.I thought about that for these leagues, but they weren't 2013 ready at that time and the new rookies wouldn't be listed anyway.

I think we should consider moving the drafts over to MFL. Could still discuss them here and recruit for them here, etc. but it's just so much easier to draft there and keep everybody updated with automated emails. Seems most people have smart phones these days that can access MFL or they can post a pick here and someone else can update it at MFL for them.

I think we should consider moving the drafts over to MFL. Could still discuss them here and recruit for them here, etc. but it's just so much easier to draft there and keep everybody updated with automated emails. Seems most people have smart phones these days that can access MFL or they can post a pick here and someone else can update it at MFL for them.
Not trying to be a smart ###, but did you read my post above? I did have people last year tell they could particiapte when we went to a mfl only draft.

I did have people last year tell they could particiapte when we went to a mfl only draft.
ok, sounds good. :confused:
No joke that was an ugly sentence...must have been on the phone.I did have people last year during the mbsl signups tell me they couldn't participate since we went to an mfl draft.I was thinking we could work both here and there simultaneously without too much problem. Problem right now is that the 2013 leagues haven't opened up.

'Aaron Rudnicki said:
Not a big deal to me. Just voicing an opinion.
Seems like less would do as they have to post here then MFL. Also, MFL is better for timers and keeping people moving quicker, as it is click and draft instead of typing. Plus, doing it 2 places is really dumb to say the least. Couldn't think of any other way to put it.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Aaron Rudnicki said:
Seems like less would do as they have to post here then MFL. Also, MFL is better for timers and keeping people moving quicker, as it is click and draft instead of typing. Plus, doing it 2 places is really dumb to say the least. Couldn't think of any other way to put it.
We'd post picks here, but rather than one poster and some mods maintaining the first post in the thread, any of us could update the mfl draft.

'Aaron Rudnicki said:
We'd post picks here, but rather than one poster and some mods maintaining the first post in the thread, any of us could update the mfl draft.
So not a must to post here and there, just post here and a good person at hard could at it to MFL if they have time? That seems fine. But making submissions in both places would be pointless as it would only be better to make one place the official place to pick. If you had to do both, I think less would join the leagues to clarify for some of the confusion in my other post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread