What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poz done for season (1 Viewer)

1. Jeff Ratcliffe retweeted

John Oehser ‏@JohnOehser 2h2 hours ago
    Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said LB Telvin Smith's role could expand. Has been mostly a nickel LB thus far. Could get more reps at weakside...

0 replies 2 retweets 6 favorites

2. Jeff Ratcliffe retweeted

Jaguars HC Gus Bradley says J.T. Thomas likely will move to the middle with Dekoda Watson and LaRoy Reynolds playing the Otto.

0 replies 2 retweets 4 favorites

Jeff Ratcliffe retweeted

LB Paul Posluszny on injured reserve with a torn pectoral. #Jaguars

My opinion, while it appears easy to think "oh, Telvin is the play", there are a few things to consider.

SLBs are Watson and Reynolds

MLBs are Poz and Thomas

WLBs are Hayes and Telvin

-Poz was playing every down, and was the only LB doing so.

-Hayes was already losing nickle snaps to Telvin. Losing Poz doesn't automatically mean that they both will be playing sub snaps now.

-JT Thomas best attribute, actually, is his coverage. So if he actually gets starter base snaps, he has a shot at a 3-down role.

My guess? I'd imagine Hayes, JT Thomas, and Telvin all end up at about 70% snap range here.

Telvin had a sack, forced fumble, and an interception, he will likely be the LB to pick up off of waivers

Users who are viewing this thread