What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Horror Story: Season 4 Freak Show (1 Viewer)

VA703

Footballguy
I gave up on season 3 at the midpoint but this one looks good

Last edited by a moderator:
The second half of season 3 was a trainwreck,

will be checking to see if they right the ship...excellent premise for this kind of thing

Didnt get to see tonight.............but this one looks AWEEEEEESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIght actually have to TIVO these ones.

Hated the way they played creepy music over almost every scene between Lange's character and Paulson's characters, made the dialog difficult to understand half the time. Otherwise thought it was a good start.

Interesting to see two of yas say this about last season. I started missing it about halfway, wasn't a much watch at the time IMO and always meant to finish. Not worth the time? The witches storyline didn't hold my interest as I had thought it might.

Interesting to see two of yas say this about last season. I started missing it about halfway, wasn't a much watch at the time IMO and always meant to finish. Not worth the time? The witches storyline didn't hold my interest as I had thought it might.
I wouldn't bother with season 3 was kind of tame. season 1 was awesome, 2 wasn't bad. will watch this season 4 premiere tonight sounds like its off to a good start

Hated the way they played creepy music over almost every scene between Lange's character and Paulson's characters, made the dialog difficult to understand half the time. Otherwise thought it was a good start.
Was about to post the same thing.. Especially the beginning.. every scene Lange was in she was whispering and the music was blaring.. :thumbdown:

Needs more clown :oldunsure:

I noticed the character "Pepper" from Asylum is back in Freak Show. Here is the actress before her Pepper transformation.
Same character from Asylum too. Now with a new partner named "Salt". :thumbup:

Liked the episode, loved the Life on Mars bit. Good start imo.

eta: Lange once again showing her amazing chops. When she's singing "Life on Mars" she's barely recognizable as Jessica Lange. She's simply amazing.

The clown is pretty awesome.

Shady, you say that Sarah Paulson is doing 2 characters.....which ones?

I think Lange is doing a bad job with the accent. I thought she was doing a French accent initially until she said something about Berlin.

The clown is pretty awesome.

Shady, you say that Sarah Paulson is doing 2 characters.....which ones?

I think Lange is doing a bad job with the accent. I thought she was doing a French accent initially until she said something about Berlin.
2 characters meaning the siamese twins (ie they both have different personalities)

Great start to the new season after the disastrous second half of season 3 which I turned off.

Love the possibilities.

snogger said:
jamny said:
Is the clown Michael Chiklis....who was the Thing?
nah hes in the previews of next episode
Chiklis plays a strong man but I've heard it isn't a big part.

This show is definitely pushing the envelope for TV. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a lot of complaints.
:oldunsure:

So far this season is mellow compared to some of the things they did in season one.
I wouldn't say that with Lobster Boy pleasing the women and the heroin girl's sex tape. It's on par with season 1, imo.

I just think the whole freak thing is gonna get some people riled up.

snogger said:
jamny said:

This show is definitely pushing the envelope for TV. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a lot of complaints.

So far this season is mellow compared to some of the things they did in season one.
I wouldn't say that with Lobster Boy pleasing the women and the heroin girl's sex tape. It's on par with season 1, imo.

Opium girl. I agree it's on par or maybe even a bit beyond what Season 1 did.

Notice with Sarah Paulson that righty is kind of straight up and lefty is off on an angle a bit. Makes sense that righty seems more dominant in the relationship. Extremely well done effects with that.

snogger said:
jamny said:

Opium girl. I agree it's on par or maybe even a bit beyond what Season 1 did.
Ah, opium...thx.

I still have the last half hour to watch. Turned it off after Lobster killed the cop.

snogger said:
jamny said:
Chiklis plays a strong man but I've heard it isn't a big part.This show is definitely pushing the envelope for TV. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a lot of complaints.
:oldunsure: So far this season is mellow compared to some of the things they did in season one.
:yes: The shocker scene shocked me. My 13yo brought up the show last night and I told him yea that's not happening.

Watched the rest of the episode. Great start to the season.

Minor nit-pic as an audio (visual) guy. They could have done a better job with the sound when Jessica Lange was singing. It was just a studio recording. No acoustics from being in a tent and she started like 10 feet away from the mic and there was no difference as she went to the mic. They didn't need it to be so clean. They try to be gritty but the audio was too produced.

I noticed the character "Pepper" from Asylum is back in Freak Show. Here is the actress before her Pepper transformation.
Same character from Asylum too. Now with a new partner named "Salt". :thumbup:

Liked the episode, loved the Life on Mars bit. Good start imo.

eta: Lange once again showing her amazing chops. When she's singing "Life on Mars" she's barely recognizable as Jessica Lange. She's simply amazing.
Wife is just watching this right now. I'm not. I hear "Life on Mars" in the background.

What in the holy hell? That song was released in 1971.

Same character from Asylum too. Now with a new partner named "Salt". :thumbup: Liked the episode, loved the Life on Mars bit. Good start imo.

Wife is just watching this right now. I'm not. I hear "Life on Mars" in the background.

An anachronism. If you are unhappy with it's utilization in a tale set in the early 50s please make your way over to the Goldbergs or the Americans thread to voice your consternation with like-minded fellows. ;)

Same character from Asylum too. Now with a new partner named "Salt". :thumbup: Liked the episode, loved the Life on Mars bit. Good start imo.

I read an interview with one of the producers and he said they just don't care about the dates when songs were released. Just want the best fit and even more modern songs are coming.

I read an interview with one of the producers and he said they just don't care about the dates when songs were released. Just want the best fit and even more modern songs are coming.
I can see that...it was just odd.

just like your face?

:goodposting: And brilliant imo.

:goodposting: And brilliant imo.
out of all the ####in oddities on this show, THATS the one he picked out

I don't mind this at all, sort of like Moulin Rouge. It put modern songs into a "past" atmosphere. I enjoyed it and like the juxtaposition.

I don't mind this at all, sort of like Moulin Rouge. It put modern songs into a "past" atmosphere. I enjoyed it and like the juxtaposition.
Meh. With Ryan Murphy (of Glee fame) involved, expect all sorts of uncomfortable pop-culture stuffing. :shrug:

Clown is Norm Gunderson, Margie Gundersun's husband from the movie Fargo. Been in a bunch of other stuff as well.
hmm, i really thought the clown was Sid Haig, the guy who played the clown in Devil's Rejects:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354085/?ref_=tt_ov_st
I did too at first. The American Horror clown looks like a clown cousin to Sid Haig's Captain Spaulding Clown in House of 1,000 Corpses.

Cap, do you still have that link? I thought it was odd, I'm interested to read the producers thoughts.

Cap, do you still have that link? I thought it was odd, I'm interested to read the producers thoughts.
The history is on another device. I'll try to dig it out tomorrow.

I wonder if lobster boy was the originator of the shocker

Users who are viewing this thread