What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Mario Kart Wii Thread*** (1 Viewer)

coolbeans59

Footballguy
I wanted to clean up the Mario Kart stuff and focus us into one thread .... as I haven't been this addicted to a game in years!!! I've lost more sleep over the last week and a half than I have since my 2 year old was a new born.

I want to get some FBG battles going!

Also, this'll be a good place to brag about Time Trials and such.

Friend codes (from the Wii thread):

coolbeans59: 0645-6536-8813 = Steve

Challenge Everything: 4210-4382-6896 = Mr. Shoo

BuddyKnuckles: 1246-9179-7289 = bddyknckls

RIM: 0946-2786-3112 = mic

Mrs. RIM: 2191-8356-2615 = soscho

hobbes4: 2964-9109-2762 = hobbes4

shadyridr: 1075-1336-8401 = slimcenzo

The Third: 4253-4168-1601 = the third

Senor Schmutzig: 1547-5744-2206 = poppy

winwithike: 3909-7918-5478

Tony Jabroni: 2363-6456-4626 = Rocko

falconeyed: 0602-6676-3469

Sekula: 4554-0539-1070 = Sekula

OldSchoolLikeThat: 3265-5458-6499 = *chad*

EdgeFan: 4167-5108-9198 = KFlo

Honus: 4081-6116-0921 = Brian

eoMMan: 0001-4267-0082 = Dan

Sand: 3652-1501-3264 = JCC

Corporation: 5155-3899-8190 = Michael

uconnalum: 5370-1530-5483 = Anthony

Patrick Bateman: 2621-3818-9412

Linus Scrimmage: 2020-0555-9482 = sammy

let's see who's the greatest FBG Kart-ist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been thinking about picking this game up. Pretty fun? How would it be for a family split screen? Does it have 4 player split?

Have been thinking about picking this game up. Pretty fun? How would it be for a family split screen? Does it have 4 player split?
I've been playing Kart since it first came out on SNES. 15+ years of playing the various versions of Kart and it's a must have IMO. This version, I think, is the best due to the throwback tracks AND the online ability. I played my brother (1200 miles away) a few times in the last week and we've resumed our rivalry.Split screen has always been fine (IMO) ... but I haven't tried 4 player split screen on Wii, yet.It's seriously a fantastic game. I think Joe and the mods should get it, so us experienced folks can whup up on them.

4-player split works fine. We've done it a number of times. It can get trickier when you're drinking and you forget which quadrant is yours...

I don't like how you have to buy a special controller.

I wish it was like the original Nintendo and you could maybe just turn the controller sideways and use the directional pad.

4-player split works fine. We've done it a number of times. It can get trickier when you're drinking and you forget which quadrant is yours...
:D :banned: "Awww yeah, I'm smokin' ya'll suckas!!" :bowtie: :) Oh, wait... ####! :angry:

I don't like how you have to buy a special controller.I wish it was like the original Nintendo and you could maybe just turn the controller sideways and use the directional pad.
Umm you dont have to buy a special controller.

I don't like how you have to buy a special controller.I wish it was like the original Nintendo and you could maybe just turn the controller sideways and use the directional pad.
you don't need a special controller, you can play with a nunchuk or the classic controller. I prefer the nunchuk to the wheel.It comes bundled with one wheel and if you like the wheel, you can get a cheaper knockoff at GameStop (or probably other places)

:goodposting:

we rented this over the weekend.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ordered it from Amazon last night as it came with one free wheel and we ordered a 2nd one. :excited:

I thought you needed that wheel looking controller? :goodposting:
It makes it a bit easier, but it's still pretty intuitive to just use the controller.

I thought you needed that wheel looking controller? :goodposting:
nope. Played it over the weekend without the "wheel" controller. You can even use the old Controllers from the Gamecube if you want.

Gotcha.

Next question.....how are you guys connecting and playing against each other? Is your Wii hooked up to the internet?

love this game

only played long enough to get through the 50cc, other than playing with friends

what character/ kart combos does everyone like?

I'm still not that good but am getting better.

I've completed all the 50cc Grand Prix but am trying to improve my grades on a few. It's hard to earn a star on some of these...any tips?

For the time trials, I'm using Luigi and the Mach Bike most of the time.

My 3-year-old actually won his first Grand Prix race on 50cc this morning using "Monkey Kong." He usually finishes 12th...all of a sudden the light came on for him. Pretty fun to see his embarassed, trying-to-be-modest grin when he realized he finished in 1st place.

How do you star a circuit? I only did so once so far in a 100C circuit.
finish with 60 points and win by a lot.you can get up to 3 starsThe most I've got with any cup is 2 stars (50cc, so far)When you get all 1 or more star in the top or bottom four in any category, you unlock something.

love this game

only played long enough to get through the 50cc, other than playing with friends

I use Peach and the superbike. It turns out that each character, even those within the same weight class, has unique stat bonuses.

Link.

love this game

I use Peach and the superbike. It turns out that each character, even those within the same weight class, has unique stat bonuses.

Link.
that's exactly the type of quantification I've been looking for.Thanx EYLive
Good stuff, now i've just got to find the time to sift through all that.I'll try to be on tonight at 10 EST

Have any of you run into any deals out there for this game. With this and the Wii Fit coming out, need to save a dollar or two where I can.

thanks in advance!

If anyone finds objective criteria for earning star rankings for each course/circuit, please post the link.

I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I completed a circuit last night in 50cc, finished first in all 4 races (60 points), won by at least 10-12 seconds overall, and still only got a "C." I don't get it.

If anyone finds objective criteria for earning star rankings for each course/circuit, please post the link.I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I completed a circuit last night in 50cc, finished first in all 4 races (60 points), won by at least 10-12 seconds overall, and still only got a "C." I don't get it.
this is the desciription I found that seems to work (from the Walkthru/FAQ in the other thread):
----------Star Ranks----------You will be ranked based on your performance within the Grand Prix, up tothree stars. You need to one star many of the cups in order to get all theunlockables, so it is important to know how to get them. To three stars,you have to win ALL four races and get 60 points, and get very good timeson all the laps. That is it, help yourself to items and what not. Just trynot to obviously fall off the track or hit into walls, as it will slow yourtime down.Note that you do not _need_ 60 points to get ONE star. You can drop a fewpoints, but as long as you get a decent time and come first it is possible toget it. Thanks Amphetamine!To get stars next to your name online, then complete _every_ cup with stars.All cups with one star gets you one star, two gets two, and three for three.Note if you have three for all except one, then you will not have threestars until you get that cup up to scratch.

I'm on 3rds right now so it'll be a week or so before I'm able to race with you guys at night, but I'll start practicing so I don't get embarassed too much when I start.

If anyone finds objective criteria for earning star rankings for each course/circuit, please post the link.I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I completed a circuit last night in 50cc, finished first in all 4 races (60 points), won by at least 10-12 seconds overall, and still only got a "C." I don't get it.
this is the desciription I found that seems to work (from the Walkthru/FAQ in the other thread):
----------Star Ranks----------You will be ranked based on your performance within the Grand Prix, up tothree stars. You need to one star many of the cups in order to get all theunlockables, so it is important to know how to get them. To three stars,you have to win ALL four races and get 60 points, and get very good timeson all the laps. That is it, help yourself to items and what not. Just trynot to obviously fall off the track or hit into walls, as it will slow yourtime down.Note that you do not _need_ 60 points to get ONE star. You can drop a fewpoints, but as long as you get a decent time and come first it is possible toget it. Thanks Amphetamine!To get stars next to your name online, then complete _every_ cup with stars.All cups with one star gets you one star, two gets two, and three for three.Note if you have three for all except one, then you will not have threestars until you get that cup up to scratch.
i think the game forces you to come back to circuits too. For example, i did the same thing you mentioned, won all 4, 10-12 second gaps, etc. still got a C. Then, after i won the mirror cup, i cam back and played that 50cc circuit, same results = 2 stars :thumbup:

Edit: Cant connect, keep getting error 86420. I read the support page on the Nintendo website, but that might as well be written in Mandarin Chinese.

oh well, maybe next time.

Have to get some work done, so I missed the 10 EST group. Hope to get on a little later and will try to catch any stragglers.

Well I'll probably pick this up if you guys are playing online. My wii is connected to wifi (I get the weather and news channels), but do I have to get the USB adapter? Does it increase connection speed?

missed out tonight, but i'll try to hook up next time.

Kart Names = "mic" and "soscho"(wife)

i think the game forces you to come back to circuits too. For example, i did the same thing you mentioned, won all 4, 10-12 second gaps, etc. still got a C. Then, after i won the mirror cup, i cam back and played that 50cc circuit, same results = 2 stars :thumbup:
I haven't had to go back to recover star rankings from circuits, but I will say that it was **remarkably** easier to get a star if you use Automatic instead of Manual "transmission". Not sure why. I would kill races on Manual and only get an "A", but switched to Automatic and only got 57 points and ended with 2 stars? :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread