What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Euro Soccer Survivor Pool 2014/15 *** (1 Viewer)

charvik

Footballguy
Gauging interest to see if we want to run another one of these this year.

Link to last year's thread: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=650192&hl=%2Beuro+%2Bsurvivor

We had a lot of rules discussions, but I will try to put it all in here:

• Survivor Pool Week 1: starts on Friday ???????? and ends Thursday ?????????
  • Pick one game each game week of the season (Friday through Thursday) from 1 of the "Big 4":England, Germany, Italy, Spain
  • Picks have to be posted in this thread prior to kickoff, but you don't have to post it prior to the start of the game week, i.e. you can wait to post your pick until Monday, if that's your selected games kickoff for that week.
  • Picks, results and "standing" will be posted on Google Docs spreadsheet (to be created)
  • Failing to make a pick on any given game week counts as a loss.
  • If draw on any game, that game gets added to next week's target
  • After 3 losses, you are out of the competition
  • You can only use each team once during the year, i.e. if you pick Malaga to win in week 1, you can't pick them as winners again for the rest of the season.
  • Prices:
  • If 20 or more people; 50/30/20
    If 10 or more people; 75/25
Scanning the thread now to see what other rules we added.

Seems like we did $25 last year. I am fine with that, because casual fans may get in due to a smaller fee... Not opposed to higher fee either.

Paid:

charvik

blend

GPJ

Acer FC (charvik fronting the money)

8ebok24

Sebowski

Moe.

guru_007

In:

The Gator

Ominous Johnson

Bonzai

Sammy3469

CGDRJoe

Spartans Rule

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Expanded draw-rollover rule:Week 1: Pick Team A

Week 1 Result: Team A draws: (can't use Team A anymore but no loss is added to your count)

Week 2: Pick Team B and C

Week 2 Result: Team B draws, Team C wins: still no losses (can't use Team B or C anymore, still no loss is added to your count)

Week 3: Pick Team D and E

Week 3 Result: Team D wins, Team E loses, one loss on record (can't use Team D or E anymore)

Week 4: back to picking just a single team

Week 1 Result: Team A draws: (can't use Team A anymore but no loss is added to your count)

Week 2 Result: Team B draws, Team C wins: still no losses (can't use Team B or C anymore, still no loss is added to your count)

Week 3 Result: Team D wins, Team E loses, one loss on record (can't use Team D or E anymore)

what happens in week 3 if week 2 looks like this instead (2 draws)

Week 2 Result: Team B draws, Team C draws: still no losses (can't use Team B or C anymore, still no loss is added to your count)

EPL starts Saturday August 16th

Bundesliga starts Friday August 22nd

La Liga starts Saturday August 23rd

Serie A starts Saturday August 30th

I would suggest we start the pool on Friday August 29th, which is EPLw3, BLw2, LLw2 and SAw1.

what happens in week 3 if week 2 looks like this instead (2 draws)

Week 2 Result: Team B draws, Team C draws: still no losses (can't use Team B or C anymore, still no loss is added to your count)
Then you have to pick 3 teams. 1 team for the new week, and 1 each for your draws.

Last year this went to Mid March, so it's very unlikely we'll be able to do 2 of these in a season.

charvik said:
EPL starts Saturday August 16th

Bundesliga starts Friday August 22nd

La Liga starts Saturday August 23rd

Serie A starts Saturday August 30th

I would suggest we start the pool on Friday August 29th, which is EPLw3, BLw2, LLw2 and SAw1.
thoughts on start?

Oh, I say we start up straight away, first week.

No one has any losses yet, there is a full slate of EPL games.

Worst case wait one week, not two, as three leagues will be going 30 games to choose from.

Oh, I say we start up straight away, first week.

No one has any losses yet, there is a full slate of EPL games.

Worst case wait one week, not two, as three leagues will be going 30 games to choose from.
Agreed, start week 1 of EPL.

I vote week 2. Let a couple other leagues start up. It isn't like this ever gets close to lasting a full season anyway.

Considering the luke warm interest so far, I don't think we can get this off the ground week 1 of the EPL. Hoping we see a massive number of signups the next couple of days... :oldunsure:

Kind of surprised by this lukewarm interest. After World Cup fever, figured we'd get 20 or so participants easily.

For any wafflers....this is a fun, easy, low level of commitment pool that allows you to expand your interest in soccer over multiple leagues.

There is not much skill necessary at all, and you should be able to make a pick or two within 5-10 minutes each week.

It's not like you have to scour over any available information to see if your fantasy soccer player is indeed starting, or sweat over whether your key players knock will limit his ability to score....you pick a team and boom, you're done.

At this point, let's go ahead and start it in week 2 of EPL where we have 3 leagues going. Maybe after a few people whet their whistles getting up nice and early Saturday morning to watch United thrash Swans, they'll see how easy it is.

Alright, we have 11 so far, so we will get off the ground.

We will start on Friday 22nd of August EPLw2, BLw1, LLw1 and SAw-1, so 3 leagues will be active.

We will pencil in $25, just like last year, and funds to be paypal'd to me at charvik@gmail.com before the start date.

If you need people and I can pay in mid September ill be in. Im good for it.

Otherwise, im out. Not getting paid in the summer is the suxors

If you need people and I can pay in mid September ill be in. Im good for it.

Otherwise, im out. Not getting paid in the summer is the suxors
I have no problem with that, as an exception. We have a long history, so I would be ok with it, if no one else objects.

(No, not going to make that exception again, so don't ask).

So, are we making picks this week? Do we make them right in the thread or someplace else?
Yes, picks are due this week, and we make them in the thread. As long as you have your pick in before kickoff it counts.

Once we get down to the last couple of players we take it to PMs (me if I'm not in it, or someone will volunteer I'm sure).

For any new guys, the soccer week picks run Friday - Thursday as often there are Friday games that kick off the soccer week (germany in particular loves playing Friday night games).

Users who are viewing this thread