What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Idiot drivers (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
So many pet peeves about stupid drivers. Figured I'd just start a thread and see what everyone else has got. I have a bunch, but one I encountered this morning is one of my favorites.

Morning rush hour traffic. Heavy traffic, but moving on the highway. We're all doing about 20 mph. I'm in the left lane and a car behind me separates enough that someone from the right lane slides in directly behind me. He then begins flashing his lights at me. I look in the rear view mirror and I can see this guy motioning for me to get out of the left lane so he can pass.

News flash, guy: I don't want to be driving 20 mph either. And I can assure you if there weren't a couple thousand cars in front of me all doing 20 mph, I'd actually be driving faster.

Did you flip him the bird?
I try not to flip people the bird too much in the car. I find it better to act like I don't know what they're trying to say. Or wave back to them like I think they know me.

That seems to make them more mad than a finger.

Should have locked em' up and watched panic ensue for the moron behind you. - the nicer the car they were driving, the harder I step on the brake

Not using turn signals. This is a popular thing here in Florida. Guess what people, cars have turn signals for a reason. Don't be a dooshe. Use your signal.

Not using turn signals. This is a popular thing here in Florida. Guess what people, cars have turn signals for a reason. Don't be a dooshe. Use your signal.
That doesn't really rhyme, unless I'm saying it in a non-Floridian accent, but I totally agree with you. E PA drivers are pretty good about turn signals, but this seems to be an epidemic. Why is it so hard to put on a turn signal?

People camped out in the left lane on the freeway, passing no one. Love it when they still don't move over after people are blowing past them in the right lane. They always seem to have Iowa license plates.

People who swing out to make turns. Unless you drive a city bus or an 18 wheeler, your vehicle does not need to swing out to make a turn. Even an SUV can make a turn without swinging out. I'm looking at you soccer moms in SUV's.

Also, in the same light, people who don't know the size of their car. I drive down skinny city streets and always come face to face with that moron in an SUV that is in the middle of the road, afraid to get too far right for fear of clipping a parked car. Yet, I can see there is a good 4 feet between them.

I like the guy who cuts me off in highway traffic only to slow down after doing so.
Or his cousin, the guy who is going slow, sees that you're going to pass him, speeds up, and then after you pass him he goes back to driving slow again.
I always find it funny on long trips when I put the cruise control on and pass someone at about 10 mph, only for them to speed up and blast past me for a good 500 yards, then I pass them again, over and over. Meanwhile, my speed hasn't changed, this idiot is apparently upset that I'm passing him.

People who drive ####ty cars that they don't or cant afford to maintain. I just love sitting in traffic and when you finally pass what was causing it, it's some piece of #### breakdown waiting to happen from the 70s.

That doesn't really rhyme, unless I'm saying it in a non-Floridian accent, but I totally agree with you. E PA drivers are pretty good about turn signals, but this seems to be an epidemic. Why is it so hard to put on a turn signal?
People seem to think the turn signal is only for them, not realizing it's meant for everyone else. Either that or they're just inconsiderate and lazy dooshes.

Douchebags that get impatient when you're waiting to turn right on red. Listen ####er. You can't see what I see so don't think honking is going to get me to turn any faster.

The guy (usually a tractor-trailer driver I must add) who uses his turn signal, not to identify his intent to change lanes, but while actually already having begun to change lanes as if the turn signal somehow gives him permission to change lanes regardless of if there is enough room for him to do so.

I wish they also put brake lights on the front of the car. That way you could see if someone is stopping at a yellow or blowing through it while you are looking to turn left in front of them.

So many pet peeves about stupid drivers. Figured I'd just start a thread and see what everyone else has got. I have a bunch, but one I encountered this morning is one of my favorites.

Morning rush hour traffic. Heavy traffic, but moving on the highway. We're all doing about 20 mph. I'm in the left lane and a car behind me separates enough that someone from the right lane slides in directly behind me. He then begins flashing his lights at me. I look in the rear view mirror and I can see this guy motioning for me to get out of the left lane so he can pass.

News flash, guy: I don't want to be driving 20 mph either. And I can assure you if there weren't a couple thousand cars in front of me all doing 20 mph, I'd actually be driving faster.
Sheik - Have you considered commuting by bicycle? I understand there are some nice roads for biking in your area. It is a very relaxing and cathartic separator between a stressful office and a hectic home.

I wish they also put brake lights on the front of the car. That way you could see if someone is stopping at a yellow or blowing through it while you are looking to turn left in front of them.
that's brilliant.

And the spare tire should be mounted like a shopping cart wheel in the middle of the car. Might as well get some use of that thing.

Sheik - Have you considered commuting by bicycle? I understand there are some nice roads for biking in your area. It is a very relaxing and cathartic separator between a stressful office and a hectic home.
:lmao:

It takes me 10-15 minutes of travel on one lane roads until I get to multi-lane roads. It never fails that someone along this stretch is going 10mph under the speed limit.

Don't forget the guy who rides the left lane in the city or any two lane road, gets 3 feet from the intersection and then puts on his left hand turn signal and waits for oncoming traffic, blocking you from going anywhere as traffic flies by you in the right lane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the guy who cuts me off in highway traffic only to slow down after doing so.
Or his cousin, the guy who is going slow, sees that you're going to pass him, speeds up, and then after you pass him he goes back to driving slow again.
I always find it funny on long trips when I put the cruise control on and pass someone at about 10 mph, only for them to speed up and blast past me for a good 500 yards, then I pass them again, over and over. Meanwhile, my speed hasn't changed, this idiot is apparently upset that I'm passing him.
Had one of these I dealt with for almost an hour on the PA turnpike last weekend. Always fun when you start to pass them and they speed up to the exact speed you're going. So you speed up a bit more, and they speed up a bit more. So you eventually just decide to slow down and get back behind them since they're now going faster than you wanted to go anyway, and they promptly slow down to 5 mph under the speed limit.

I call them Jack Rabbits.

I notice there's some kind of sub-conscious mental magnetism that causes drivers not using cruise control to join the faster pace of cars passing them until eventually it wears down and they fall back to their original speed. It is like some kind of gravitational pull phenomenon.

The guy on the multi lane city road that will haul ### to get in front of you while you're in the far right lane even though it's open behind you, and the second they get in front of you, they turn right, causing you to have to slam on your brakes to avoid hitting their idiot ###.

Also agree with the non cruise control guy that will pass you and be passed over and over all the while you're doing the same speed the whole time.

18 wheelers riding back to back and you can see them up ahead forever. You're going much faster than them and right before you're going to pass them, the back one pulls into the left lane right in front of you going less than 1 mph more than the other one taking 10 f'n minutes to pass it...

I drive 98 miles each way to work so I see a lot of idiots.

The guy on the multi lane city road that will haul ### to get in front of you while you're in the far right lane even though it's open behind you, and the second they get in front of you, they turn right, causing you to have to slam on your brakes to avoid hitting their idiot ###.

Also agree with the non cruise control guy that will pass you and be passed over and over all the while you're doing the same speed the whole time.

18 wheelers riding back to back and you can see them up ahead forever. You're going much faster than them and right before you're going to pass them, the back one pulls into the left lane right in front of you going less than 1 mph more than the other one taking 10 f'n minutes to pass it...

I drive 98 miles each way to work so I see a lot of idiots.
I see this a lot and I totally agree with you. I don't get the reasoning.

I think a certain percentage of roads should be reserved for those that scored 100% on a driving exam. It motivate people to learn how to drive better in order to get access to those roads. Today there is no motivation to know more than the passing grade.

Douchebags that get impatient when you're waiting to turn right on red. Listen ####er. You can't see what I see so don't think honking is going to get me to turn any faster.
around here you can get honked at waiting to turn right on red when there is a sign that says, "no right on red"!!

around here you can get honked at waiting to turn right on red when there is a sign that says, "no right on red"!!
Proper response is to alternate between pointing fore finger at sign & middle finger at driver, until light turns green.

Mr. Too Important to wait in line while merging onto the highway from the ramp, so he just jumps the shoulder and cuts off the cars in front of him on the ramp. He rules.

Lots of turn-only lanes here in Austin. As in, two full lanes of traffic going one direction and an empty turn-only lane on the outside. Well, empty of course except for the SOB who intends to skip to the front of the line via the turn-only lane and drag race the first few cars in order to do so. Honestly makes me want to sideswipe them every time.

Drivers on a 2 or 3 lane road that drive the same speed as the car next to them. Move over to the right so others can go faster.

The women driver who suddenly stops on a highway for no reason.
I've seen this lady stop on a three lane road in the right lane, throw on her left blinker, and then try to maneuver through speeding traffic over 4 lanes to the left turn lane. Because going past and doing a U-Turn would just be way too out of her way.

Guy who drives through the parking lot diagonally through rows of empty spaces as if there are no traffic rules. I hope for the day that I see two of these morons crash into each other.

I get this one a lot, too:

Two lane road. There is a blockage in the oncoming lane (maybe a trash truck or something) and the car in that lane will swerve into my lane, then honk and flash the lights because I didn't let them through. Again, usually it's the lady in the huge SUV who's got her phone to her ear. Not sure why people think that they always have the right of way over everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread