What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA: smile.amazon.com --> Chance for Hope Foundation (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
For all you Amazon and Prime lovers -- my GB Righetti today mentioned to me that if you log into your Prime through smile.amazon.com, you can pick a charity from among a list and Amazon will donate 0.5% of all your purchases to that organization. I had no idea this existed.

Seemed to me like a great way to support our good buddy BigBottom's foundation, the Chance for Hope Foundation. I looked them up, and they are included on the list (just be sure you search for the Chance for Hope Foundation and select the one in Pearland, TX -- there are a couple others with similar names). While the amount for one of us may not be huge, if enough people just enable and use this feature -- and it doesn't affect us in any way -- we might as a community amount to something.

Let's do this, people.

-Oats

You apparently need to log in through that link to start each shopping session for this program to apply, but seems easy enough to set up a shortcut here instead of to the main Amazon portal:

Remember, if you want Amazon to donate to Chance For Hope Foundation, you need to start each shopping session at the URL http://smile.amazon.com, and we will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases.

AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives.
smile.amazon.com

Wow, thanks O!

The Chance for Hope Foundation is up and running (though the website is still under construction). Beginning in January, we will be offering free housing at one of our Chance for Hope Residences to children with cancer and their families who have to travel to the Texas medical Center for cancer treatments. We're also distributing gift cards and periodic catered meals to families of children who are receiving in-patient cancer treatment at Texas Children's Hospital. In 2015, we will begin evaluating and funding research initiatives to find a cure for pediatric cancers and improved treatment protocols.

Making your Amazon purchases through http://smile.amazon.com is an easy way to make a difference. If only they'd fold this program into the Amazon app!

How was this hidden? All the crap I buy you would think this would be on their front page

I've heard of podcasts that get a small referral fee when you access Amazon through a link on their website. It doesn't change the prices you pay.

Wow, thanks O!

The Chance for Hope Foundation is up and running (though the website is still under construction). Beginning in January, we will be offering free housing at one of our Chance for Hope Residences to children with cancer and their families who have to travel to the Texas medical Center for cancer treatments. We're also distributing gift cards and periodic catered meals to families of children who are receiving in-patient cancer treatment at Texas Children's Hospital. In 2015, we will begin evaluating and funding research initiatives to find a cure for pediatric cancers and improved treatment protocols.

Making your Amazon purchases through http://smile.amazon.com is an easy way to make a difference. If only they'd fold this program into the Amazon app!
Amazing. :thumbup:

Here's a direct link that you can bookmark http://smile.amazon.com/ref=smi_ge_sr_btnr5_setch?_encoding=UTF8&x=66&y=17&pldnNew=1

Been doing this for maybe a year with another very deserving charity. Just another thumbs up for the idea.

Wow, thanks O!

Switched my charity over to Chance for Hope. Doing good work, hope every bit helps. (I buy all my casebooks on Amazon at least...that oughta make an impact of some sort!)

:thumbup:

Wow, thanks O!

Been placing all my Christmas orders through the site. Hope everyone who uses Amazon does the same.

One thing to note: someone in another thread mentioned this is useless unless you and your wife remember to navigate to the right domain each time you go to Amazon. It's actually even more foolproof than that: since I set it up and set up a bookmark for it, whenever I navigate to any page at Amazon, it gives me a popup asking me if I want to go to the same page under the smile domain instead. Pretty great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another thought -- Amazon Subscriptions are awesome. I just signed up for a subscription to my fancy Mach 90 razor blades that cost an arm and a leg. I signed up through subscribe and save via Amazon Smile. I wonder if every monthly installment now gets tagged for a portion to C4H? If so, how awesome would that be if folks just setup their usual monthly purchases through here, save a bunch each month, have added convenience, and C4H gets a monthly permanent income stream???

Thanks O! Our big charity event is less than a month away. It's an 80s Prom Party and we have a killer 80s band performing. Already have 339 tickets sold with a goal of 500. Will be sure to post a link to some pictures afterwards for those who are interested.

For my Houston peeps, please consider coming out. Tickets available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chance-for-hope-foundation-80s-prom-party-featuring-the-spazmatics-tickets-15441084700

As a quick update, we opened our second Chance for Hope Residence earlier this month!

I just signed up myself. I had no idea this program existed. I do a lot of IT purchasing through work and quite often have to go to Amazon to find some one off item. You'll be getting 0.5% from us BB!

Bump for those that weren't aware of this or aren't using it yet. Finally think I'm in the habit of always purchasing from smile.amazon.com.

Thanks for the bump! We now have three Chance for Hope Residences providing free temporary housing to pediatric cancer families (that's over 1,000 nights of free lodging each year). We also provide free meals on a bi-monthly basis to children with cancer and their families who are inpatient at Texas Children's Hospital, and just completed our annual back to school gift card drive. We also recently awarded a $50,000 research grant to fund the Precision Oncology Research Initiative, a cutting edge research effort being undertaken by the Neuro-Oncology Program at Texas Children’s Cancer Center. The ultimate goal of the Precision Oncology Research Initiative is to bring genomic sequencing technologies from the laboratory into the pediatric oncology clinic, providing real-time genetic information that will guide the personalized treatment of each individual child with cancer.

Looking forward, we are already planning for our big fundraising event in April 2016. This year's theme is "Studio 54." By the way, we already have our first live auction item in hand. We haven't publicized it yet, so you're hearing it here first - a brand new 2015 EVH striped series guitar (Fender is the manufacturing partner), autographed by Eddie Van Halen himself. Got the guitar autographed backstage when they were in town last week. For any of you who collect guitars, this one is really special!

Thanks again for the bump, Nutter!

The word hero gets used too much in too many places where a hero doesn't and can't exist.

But you are a hero biggy. In every sense of the word. The nobility of your life since its lowest point and the courage you have harnessed is truly....... yeah the best word is heroic.

That's really kind of you to say, Yank. But nobility and heroic are way off the mark. Sure, I'm very proud of the things our Foundation has been able to accomplish in such a short time, but it's only been possible because of the amazing support we've received. And frankly, it's anything but selfless. What we do feeds my soul and has kept me from descending into a dark, dark place. It's hardly heroic to do the thing that just might be saving your life and giving it meaning.

Thanks for the bump! We now have three Chance for Hope Residences providing free temporary housing to pediatric cancer families (that's over 1,000 nights of free lodging each year). We also provide free meals on a bi-monthly basis to children with cancer and their families who are inpatient at Texas Children's Hospital, and just completed our annual back to school gift card drive. We also recently awarded a $50,000 research grant to fund the Precision Oncology Research Initiative, a cutting edge research effort being undertaken by the Neuro-Oncology Program at Texas Children’s Cancer Center. The ultimate goal of the Precision Oncology Research Initiative is to bring genomic sequencing technologies from the laboratory into the pediatric oncology clinic, providing real-time genetic information that will guide the personalized treatment of each individual child with cancer.

Looking forward, we are already planning for our big fundraising event in April 2016. This year's theme is "Studio 54." By the way, we already have our first live auction item in hand. We haven't publicized it yet, so you're hearing it here first - a brand new 2015 EVH striped series guitar (Fender is the manufacturing partner), autographed by Eddie Van Halen himself. Got the guitar autographed backstage when they were in town last week. For any of you who collect guitars, this one is really special!

That's hot... is this a live auction or is it going to be online? I know someone who may be interested.

That's really kind of you to say, Yank. But nobility and heroic are way off the mark. Sure, I'm very proud of the things our Foundation has been able to accomplish in such a short time, but it's only been possible because of the amazing support we've received. And frankly, it's anything but selfless. What we do feeds my soul and has kept me from descending into a dark, dark place. It's hardly heroic to do the thing that just might be saving your life and giving it meaning.
Sometimes there's a man...

All I know is, when my kids are truly crying and hurt somehow, I try my best to be strong for them and be there for them but part of me dying inside wishing I could just take all the pain away and hating myself for not being able to. I barely function sometimes, and a few ER visits over the years almost destroyed me. So, as I've said, you are a better man than me.

That's hot... is this a live auction or is it going to be online? I know someone who may be interested.
It will be a live auction. If your friend knows anyone in the Houston area, he can have them come to the event to bid on his behalf. We'd love to have more bidders!

This is the guitar: http://www.evhgear.com/gear/subpage/?partno=5107902503

And thanks again Yank for the kind words.

I'll let him know. He's going through a divorce right now so I'm not sure how that would affect his ability to spend money but he's a guitar collector and I'm sure he'd be interested otherwise.

Bump...

Placed an order today and saw there was a link to check your "Smile Impact".

You have generated $43.93 for Chance for Hope.  Chance for hope has received $786.67 as of February 2017.

Bump...

Placed an order today and saw there was a link to check your "Smile Impact".

You have generated $43.93 for Chance for Hope.  Chance for hope has received $786.67 as of February 2017.
Noticed this feature just the other day.  Good to see a good cause benefitting, and it really is no skin off anyone’s back—everyone should set this up.

Just got a random e-mail report, first time I've seen these.  

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, Chance For Hope Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $215.77 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com. 
To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

$2,018.61 to Chance For Hope Foundation

$124,651,081.04 to all charities

Thank you for supporting Chance For Hope Foundation by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your My Impact page.

Bump as a reminder because I got an email today giving details on donation:

XkaGyAsy_cRNsX-xQMrQ22oh5FPLFA7abYb-CdhHz0tk4siJpVB5zj1LjatYHxiKD3mhoseKvoGI2QbWKJtR_IXw-kH-Arhfay6LkpbkWUE0WAML=s0-d-e1-ft
Dear,

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your chosen charity, Chance For Hope Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $294.39 from AmazonSmile. To date, Amazon has donated a total of:

• $4,852.42 to Chance For Hope Foundation
  • Over $400 million to all US charities
Thank you,
Your team at AmazonSmile

Bump as a reminder because I got an email today giving details on donation:

XkaGyAsy_cRNsX-xQMrQ22oh5FPLFA7abYb-CdhHz0tk4siJpVB5zj1LjatYHxiKD3mhoseKvoGI2QbWKJtR_IXw-kH-Arhfay6LkpbkWUE0WAML=s0-d-e1-ft
Dear,

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your chosen charity, Chance For Hope Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $294.39 from AmazonSmile. To date, Amazon has donated a total of:
  • $4,852.42 to Chance For Hope Foundation
  • Over $400 million to all US charities

Thank you,
Your team at AmazonSmile

So much love for you.

Also make sure you have it turned on in your app if you use it. The only downside of it is you have to allow notifications from the app, but they're not too bad about sending many, so it's worth it imho.

Users who are viewing this thread