What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Apple is garbage. I need a new phone. (1 Viewer)

Treynwreck3

Footballguy
I have an iphone 5S and it is the worst piece of crap that I have ever had. After 6 years of Apple products, I am moving on. Looking at an LG G3. Anybody have one? Thoughts.

Jobs died and Apple went to hell with him.

If you go Android, I'm going to catch you off guard by suggesting the android thread as a great place to get info from folks very knowledgable with the platform. I would suggest shying from the Galaxy series (android with samsung crapware OS over the top of it) and stick with a phone with pure android on it.

what do you hate about the 5S? Might make a difference in what's suggested
Battery life is terrible. Loses touch with sim card. Screen regularly loses touch screen capability. It's not nearly as good as the other iPhones I have had. Other people I talk to say the same thing. The thing with Apple is they used to work. Now they are overpriced (still) and they don't work. So, why bother with Apple anymore.

Battery life is terrible. Loses touch with sim card. Screen regularly loses touch screen capability. It's not nearly as good as the other iPhones I have had. Other people I talk to say the same thing. The thing with Apple is they used to work. Now they are overpriced (still) and they don't work. So, why bother with Apple anymore.
interesting. I have the 5S and agree on the battery life. The rest I have not yet experienced....

So how many times have you gotten this phone wet?

[icon] said:
Treynwreck3 said:
B Maverick said:
and how many apps to you have running at the same time? Are they all using location services? Brightness at its highest setting?

[icon] said:
Treynwreck3 said:
B Maverick said:
Pervert.

jamny said:
Love my HTC One
Have this phone and highly recommend it.
I have an iphone, but i will say the best phones i haver ever used were HTC by far. Sadly regardless of what the Op gets the phone will likely be loaded with bloatware which drains the battery unless the OP learns how to get rid of/disable that stuff.

[icon] said:
Treynwreck3 said:
B Maverick said:
and how many apps to you have running at the same time? Are they all using location services? Brightness at its highest setting?
i close all apps at least three times a day, turn off Bluetooth when not in my truck. Location services off. I'm fairly capable of running this thing the way it should. Mine individually is just a piece of crap.Anytime it goes under 40% battery life, it will shut down with no warning.

[icon] said:
Treynwreck3 said:
B Maverick said:
None moron. ? Thats what my kids do to theirs.

[icon] said:
Treynwreck3 said:
B Maverick said:
i close all apps at least three times a day, turn off Bluetooth when not in my truck. Location services off. I'm fairly capable of running this thing the way it should. Mine individually is just a piece of crap.Anytime it goes under 40% battery life, it will shut down with no warning.
sounds like you got a defective one. it happens. just take it back? :unsure:

I have an HTC one M8. Got my wife an LG G3 when I got mine. Both are very good phones. I'd probably buy a G3 for myself if I were to do it again.

Any new android device is better than an apple product. It's just preference really.

If you want the best out the new Note or Nexus take the cake.

I had a Samsung Galaxy at my old job, iphone 5S now. I like the Samsung a lot better. Agree Apple has gone downhill. Don't even get me started on the bloated piece of crap itunes has become.

there is a known battery issue with some 5S's. they will replace the battery free if your phone qualifies.
got the battery replaced on my 5 for free. Good as new
to me this is the best thing about apple. it is about as hassle free as possible when something goes wrong. Power cord on my macbook shorted out...5 minutes at the apple store and i had a new one free of charge. they didn't ask what happened or try to figure out who's fault it was. just 'sign this and here ya go'...

Treynwreck3 said:
What else is out there? I have heard mixed reviews on the Samsung Galaxy line.
I'm still on a Galaxy S3 and it's fantastic. Ill be upgrading to an S5 or notevat some point. Apple does indeed suck.

I had a Samsung Galaxy at my old job, iphone 5S now. I like the Samsung a lot better. Agree Apple has gone downhill. Don't even get me started on the bloated piece of crap itunes has become.
iTunes is by far the worst thing about the iPhone. Other than that most phones are pretty much the same imo.

there is a known battery issue with some 5S's. they will replace the battery free if your phone qualifies.
got the battery replaced on my 5 for free. Good as new
to me this is the best thing about apple. it is about as hassle free as possible when something goes wrong. Power cord on my macbook shorted out...5 minutes at the apple store and i had a new one free of charge. they didn't ask what happened or try to figure out who's fault it was. just 'sign this and here ya go'...
that's a large part of what you're paying for. when something goes wrong which it does for a lot of electronics you'll buy in general, its amazing how far they go. i'm blown away with the things they'll replace or fix for free with some of my wife's stuff and a lot of it is her fault. that's a large part of why people especially those that don't have the technical skill or desire to fix it themselves keep going back to apple.

Just got a new LG Vista. It's a nice phone, & cheap right now on the ATT next plan.
that's a horrible plan.

the next plan is raping people... you're far better off finding a decent phone on e-bay or amazon unlocked and then just going no-contract with att

Just got a new LG Vista. It's a nice phone, & cheap right now on the ATT next plan.
that's a horrible plan.

the next plan is raping people... you're far better off finding a decent phone on e-bay or amazon unlocked and then just going no-contract with att
The Next plan actually isn't bad. you're basically getting an interest free loan. Over the term of the contract you are pretty much paying exactly what it would cost if you bought it outright.

i just buy it unlocked like you mentioned, but the way the Next plan currently works it really isn't a rip-off.

that's a horrible plan.

The Next plan actually isn't bad. you're basically getting an interest free loan. Over the term of the contract you are pretty much paying exactly what it would cost if you bought it outright.

i just buy it unlocked like you mentioned, but the way the Next plan currently works it really isn't a rip-off.
A brand new phone. It just came out. $11 a month :shrugs: We got 2

I liked my Note3. I really liked my OnePlus. I think my iphone6 may be better than both.

Users who are viewing this thread