What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not Your Parents Polaroid (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
Link

As self-sufficient as a sumo wrestler.Does a sumo wrestler ever ask for help? Neither does the Polaroid Socialmatic. It is made of high quality life-ready materials, and sports a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a built-in LED flash, stereo speakers, a microphone, the latest in ARM processors, a 4.5-inch full color touchscreen, 4GB of internal storage that's expandable to 32GB, and onboard photo editing powers. And with ZINK Zero Ink printing technology, no computer connections.

Press a button, and it spits out vibrant, smudge-proof, and water-resistant prints measuring 2 x 3 inches. Prints feature a sticky back for extra fun and easy posting.

I'm a camera :nerd: .the shape looks awkward to hold and I dont think they did themselves any favors with that $299 preorder price

Pretty cool. Maybe I'm naive, but I think it'll work.

With so many people on subsidized phone plans, I don't think the $299 price tag will be a huge deal for most people. People are walking around with these amazing phones that were nearly free and almost eliminate the need for a tablet.

I could see this thing replacing the tablet as a secondary device expenditure for a lot of people.

I'm probably biased though because, as a kid, I thought the Polaroid firing out a picture immediately was nothing short of amazing. I don't think the desire for a printed photos is completely dead. The only way they make a comeback is for people to get them instantly, and here it is. For these kids that have grown up in a world without many printed photos, I think it'll be quite a novelty for them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool. Maybe I'm naive, but I think it'll work.

With so many people on subsidized phone plans, I don't think the $299 price tag will be a huge deal for most people. People are walking around with these amazing phones that were nearly free and almost eliminate the need for a tablet.

I could see this thing replacing the tablet as a secondary device expenditure for a lot of people.

I'm probably biased though because, as a kid, I thought the Polaroid firing out a picture immediately was nothing short of amazing. I don't think the desire for a printed photos is completely dead. The only way they make a comeback is for people to get them instantly, and here it is. For these kids that have grown up in a world without many printed photos, I think it'll be quite a novelty for them too.
Get one for the restaurant, take pics and make a wall!

Now I can talk the wife into some naked shots I bet. Every time somebodies photos were leaked I died a little bit inside. Wife is very protective of my merchandise.

Link

As self-sufficient as a sumo wrestler.Does a sumo wrestler ever ask for help? Neither does the Polaroid Socialmatic. It is made of high quality life-ready materials, and sports a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a built-in LED flash, stereo speakers, a microphone, the latest in ARM processors, a 4.5-inch full color touchscreen, 4GB of internal storage that's expandable to 32GB, and onboard photo editing powers. And with ZINK Zero Ink printing technology, no computer connections.

Press a button, and it spits out vibrant, smudge-proof, and water-resistant prints measuring 2 x 3 inches. Prints feature a sticky back for extra fun and easy posting.
Not to nitpick, but don't sumo wrestlers need someone else to wipe their ### for them? Hardly seems self-sufficient to me.

Users who are viewing this thread