What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question...losing a loved one. (1 Viewer)

stahbux

Footballguy
How long do you think it would take you to get over losing (as in passing) a wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend?

My wife? About as long as it would take me to forget every beautiful thing she brought into my life.

I have a pretty long memory.

I don't think you "get over" that.

I was 34 when my wife died of cancer. Our son was 5 at the time. He is now 19 and getting ready to head to USAF boot camp. We talk about his mom often and miss her daily. You just hope that you find the ability to carry on, and eventually look back fondly at memories. "Carrying on" and "getting over it" however, are two completely different things. I would say you never completely get over it.

Pretty ambiguous I know, sorry.

My wife? Never

My mom? Took me about 2 years until I was fully "ok" with it, whatever that means. I still miss her everyday but I no longer have many sad moments.

Having just lost both of my parents (2 years ago, 2 months ago) I can say that it really doesn't go away and I doubt it will. The thing I find is that while the crushing sadness does alleviate you get all these remembrances that pop up constantly. A particular smell, something your kid did that mom would have liked to know about, a sporting event, etc. I find myself with these constant little bouts of sadness as I realize that I can't pick up the phone anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread