What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* 2014 White Sox Thread - Abreu is a MONSTER (1 Viewer)

Sale locked up for a looooong time :banned:

Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the White Sox and Chris Sale have agreed to a contract extension.

Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that he'll get $32.5 million guaranteed over the next five seasons. The deal also includes a pair of club options for 2018 and 2019 which could bring the max value of the deal to $60 million. The extension buys out all three of his arbitration seasons and potentially his first three years of free agency, so it has a chance to be an excellent bargain if is health cooperates. Sale thrived during his first year in the rotation in 2012, posting a 3.05 ERA and 192/51 K/BB ratio in 192 innings.

Sale locked up for a looooong time :banned:Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the White Sox and Chris Sale have agreed to a contract extension.Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that he'll get $32.5 million guaranteed over the next five seasons. The deal also includes a pair of club options for 2018 and 2019 which could bring the max value of the deal to $60 million. The extension buys out all three of his arbitration seasons and potentially his first three years of free agency, so it has a chance to be an excellent bargain if is health cooperates. Sale thrived during his first year in the rotation in 2012, posting a 3.05 ERA and 192/51 K/BB ratio in 192 innings.
Hate to break this to you, but I'll be keeping him this year......guaranteed injury.

Going to see these bums next week in DC. Hope they lose by 100 and Bryce Harper dirty-##### Dunn's gatorade cup. :pics:

Only the 4th inning and Hawk has already brought up 2 different players from his past

on pace for 650 such stories.

Stellar home run call by the :homer: ...

"And he will.... Gordon back... at the fence... looks up... YOU CAN.... NO ... he makes the catch!!!... no, it's a home run. You can put it on the board...... YYYYYYYES!"

Smooth.

Have the Sox scored a run without hitting a HR yet?

Had the game on, but wasn't really paying attention.

Reed- diculous! This kid might be a top 3 save man this year.

The 2013 White Sox - it all depends on the stamina of the starting pitching and the defense. Should have the same run production as last year. A sweep of KC would be a nice start.

Yup - back and better than ever. Clearly disappointed that one of my many gems did not make it into your sig list this season but here's to you kid. Hope that you have a great season. BTW - did anyone see Geddy Lee throw out the first pitch in the Blue Jays opener last night? Dude whipped out a perfect K. Looks like decent weather on tap for Thursday - SWEEP DAY!

How often will Keppinger play? How many PAs?
Gillespie isn't going to press him for PT. Only reason he isn't playing 3B every day is because he's taking over for Beckham at 2B

I'd venture to guess that he gets 650ish PA.
Wow, no ####? I have him on both my teams and he provides a lot of position flexibility. Right now he's starting on my dynasty team and he is my first bench option on my B&M team. I'm guessing he'll be starting there soon enough.

Gillespie isn't going to press him for PT. Only reason he isn't playing 3B every day is because he's taking over for Beckham at 2B

Wow, no ####? I have him on both my teams and he provides a lot of position flexibility. Right now he's starting on my dynasty team and he is my first bench option on my B&M team. I'm guessing he'll be starting there soon enough.
Only thing that needs to be seen is how he holds up to that kind of workload. IMO, he could be the prototypical 2 hitter. Potential for an above average OBP, seldomly Ks

And I know it's silly to talk about potential with a 32 year old guy, but he showed he can do it last year and other times in the past. He's just never really had a chance to be a everyday guy. This is his chance

Only thing that needs to be seen is how he holds up to that kind of workload. IMO, he could be the prototypical 2 hitter. Potential for an above average OBP, seldomly Ks

And I know it's silly to talk about potential with a 32 year old guy, but he showed he can do it last year and other times in the past. He's just never really had a chance to be a everyday guy. This is his chance
Keppinger is a useful guy in real life but doesn't have a lot of fantasy value. He'd be OK in a deep OBP league but doesn't offer much in the way of speed or power.

Keppinger is a useful guy in real life but doesn't have a lot of fantasy value. He'd be OK in a deep OBP league but doesn't offer much in the way of speed or power.
I could see him being .285/.350/.400 He could go 80/80 in RBIs and runs in that lineup..... Pretty useful for a guy that will have 2B/3B eligibility. Especially in the black hole that is 3B

I could see him being .285/.350/.400 He could go 80/80 in RBIs and runs in that lineup..... Pretty useful for a guy that will have 2B/3B eligibility. Especially in the black hole that is 3B
The slash line is certainly possible but the counting stats seems ambitious. It would exceed his career highs for R and RBI by 20 each. He's never had 600 PAs in a season and he turns 33 in a couple of weeks.

I always liked the guy (even when he stunk during his brief stay in SF) and it's good to finally see him getting rewarded for his skillset.

Yeah he provides a ton of flexibility and I can use him in my average league to balance out guys like Grandy, Alvarez and Bruce. I'm shallow at MIF so he's the primary backup there for now, off day fill everywhere, and is a little bit of insurance if Alvarez falls flat on his face. He's very useful in almost any format IMO but in avg leagues he's a great piece of the puzzle.

The slash line is certainly possible but the counting stats seems ambitious. It would exceed his career highs for R and RBI by 20 each. He's never had 600 PAs in a season and he turns 33 in a couple of weeks.

I always liked the guy (even when he stunk during his brief stay in SF) and it's good to finally see him getting rewarded for his skillset.
But it would also be a career high in PAs and those numbers are in line with what 2 hitters did for the White Sox last year (84/91) while slashing .221/.296/.354 :bag:

Obviously some :homer: glasses here, but he was guy that has found his way onto my team(s) the last couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread