What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the current NFL O ROY? (1 Viewer)

The Ref

Footballguy
I've asked this question to a lot of people and I keep getting different answers.

Who do you think it is now? Who do you think it is by the end of the season?

Geno Smith 1882/8/13

Mike Glendon 997/6/3 in 4 games started

EJ Manuel 995/5/3

Eddie Lacy 446/6 12/78/0 Missed 2 games

Gio Bernard 361/4 30/267/2 1 more game then everyone else

Le'Veon Bell 208/3 13/82/0 Played in 4 games

T Williams 26/444/4 Playing time is starting to pick up

D Hopkins 28/416/2

K Allen 26/399/2

EDIT: to include Geno Smith. I think that 8/13 ratio kind of hurts, but by the end of the year that may change

Last edited by a moderator:
By the end of the year, likely to be a two horse race between Lacey and Bernard.
I'd add Williams and Allen to the list. Both guys are getting a lot more looks than they did early in the season, and have potential to finish with eye-popping numbers.

Gio and it's not even close imo. Lacey 2nd.
Yes. It is. Lacy is basically averaging 104.8 y/s per game and .6 TD/Game, Gio is at 78.5 y/s per game and .75 TD. Yes I am not counting Lacy's game where he basically didn't play after the first game. It seems like your opinion does not factor in statistics and maybe were too enamored with one run last night.

At least consider Ellington

GP 8 Rush 43/333 2 and Rec 34/198 1

By the end of the year though I expect Lacy to separate from the others.

Agree that right now it's probably lacy or Bernard, but Geno deserves it.

Understand that his interceptions hurt, but given the context with his receivers injured, he is doing extremely well.

Gio and lacy should be doing well as they have a great team around them.

Lacy is starting to run away with this... If his workload stays the same, it isn't even a question. However, if the Bengals woke up and gave Gio the ball more, then it turns into a tight race.

Lacy probably wins it, but watch out for Keenan Allen and Gio as the year wears on.

On D I love what Kiko Alonso and Sheldon Richardson have done. Both have made big impacts for their respective Ds.

Lacy probably wins it, but watch out for Keenan Allen and Gio as the year wears on.

On D I love what Kiko Alonso and Sheldon Richardson have done. Both have made big impacts for their respective Ds.
Star Latoulala has made just as big of an impact, but he's been mostly ignored in the mainstream because he doesn't play a glamour position.

Do the Jets have the worst offensive skill positions in the league?

Even Jax has Blackmon, Shorts, and a diminished MJD. TB had Martin and VJAX...

Who is worse? The Rams?

Geno isn't great, and he might not deserve the award, but I'd like to see him with some options.

I've asked this question to a lot of people and I keep getting different answers.

Who do you think it is now? Who do you think it is by the end of the season?

Geno Smith 1882/8/13 - maybe if they keep winning but if he has 25 INT's can hi win?

Mike Glendon 997/6/3 in 4 games started Team hasnt won yet

EJ Manuel 995/5/3 Hurt

Eddie Lacy 446/6 12/78/0 Missed 2 games - My pick right now

Gio Bernard 361/4 30/267/2 1 more game then everyone else - Moving up after last night

Le'Veon Bell 208/3 13/82/0 Played in 4 games - Will really have to have huge 2nd half after missing games

T Williams 26/444/4 Playing time is starting to pick up - Late start will need to contine what he has done last 3-4 games

D Hopkins 28/416/2 No

K Allen 26/399/2 - Don't think he has done enough yet

EDIT: to include Geno Smith. I think that 8/13 ratio kind of hurts, but by the end of the year that may change
Right now I would say

#1 Lacy

#2 Geno

#3 Gia

IF he stays healthy, with the way he been looking, and I know he got a late start, but nobody thinks just maybe Zac Stacy can make a run at this?

I dont want to take this thread down a different path, but Ogletree has been phenomenal as well.

FWIW, Quarterbacks have won 6 of the last 10 awards including the last 3.

No doubt RG3 deserved it last year and Cam had a great rookie year although AJ Green also did well.

Bradford over Mike Williams further indicates somewhat of an inclination for QBs over others, barring a great performer.

Just looking at FF ranking, Lacy is the #20 RB while Gio and Ellington are slightly better.

Reed is the #10 TE. Granted, I don't know how the voters look at receptions with this award.

PFF race for rookie of the year updated for week 8.

Their list of candidates with grades and explanations

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/29/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-8-2/

Race for Rookie of the Year, Week 8Khaled Elsayed | October 29, 2013

1. Sheldon Richardson, DE, Jets: +13.9

He just about earned a positive grade for the week but it was by far his least convincing performance, and one that earned him his lowest grade against the run. The whole team struggled so he’ll be looking to bounce back immediately.

2. Star Lotulelei, DT, Panthers: +11.1

Closes the gap with Richardson having a poor week. Has picked his game up in the past couple of weeks and remains one of the best defensive tackles against the run (ranked third in the league). Challenge is for him to maintain.

3. Larry Warford, RG, Lions: +7.7

After faltering in recent weeks was better against the Cowboys, even if he did allow two hurries. A more consistent display with his run blocking earns him a bump in the rankings.

4. Giovani Bernard, RB, Bengals: +8.1

We do like Bernard, though we’d like it if he contributed more with his rushing.His 287 yards on the ground isn’t really enough to complement the work he’s doing catching passes out of the backfield.

5. Kiko Alonso, LB, Bills: +5.5

Would grade better but for his poor return on numbers of blitzes to pressure on the quarterback. Remains our fourth-ranked coverage inside linebacker with four interceptions, highlighting his playmaking ability.

6. Tyrann Mathieu, DB, Cardinals: +7.7

It’s getting harder and harder not to move Mathieu up. The versatile talent started at safety this week though saw more action covering the slot. Walked away with his second pick and almost had another in his highest graded performance as a pro.

7. Eric Reid, S, 49ers: +5.4

Has calmed down on the early season missed tackling and has settled into providing the kind of deep safety play the 49ers need out of their defense. Team really has to be happy with how he’s adjusted to the NFL.

8. Marcus Cooper, CB, Chiefs: +9.0

Perhaps the most surprising name here, Cooper has been a revelation since working his way into the Chiefs’ heavily used sub-package lineup. You could say he benefits from those around him, but so far he’s picked off two balls and broken up another six while allowing 36.7% of throws into his coverage.

9. Eddie Lacy, RB, Packers: +6.0

The workhorse. Lacy and his ability to keep on earning the tough yards has added a new dimension to a Packers’ offense intent on making life easier for its star quarterback. Has caused 15 missed tackles already on the year.

10. D.J. Fluker, RT, Chargers: +3.4

No action this week, but will be hoping a return to the right side of the line will help him solidify his place in the Top 10.

Dropping Out

Desmond Trufant, DB, Falcons: Kept the streak alive with his seventh pass defense in as many games, but his worst grade of the year flung him from the main list.

Five To Watch

Andre Ellington, RB, Cardinals: Arguably would be getting more attention from us if not for a fumble he was lucky to recover.

Travis Frederick, C, Cowboys: Still in the mix, but needs to up his game to get more spiel.

Nickell Robey, CB, Bills: Nickell by name, nickel back by nature. Robey has made that place his own for the Bills in impressive fashion.

Keenan Allen, WR, Chargers: Made the kind of immediate impact Chargers fans were hoping for. Now, can he do more?

Jordan Reed, TE, Redskins: Those two drops are what stands between him and a spot in our Top 10. It’s coming.

With Keenum at QB, the Texans passing offense will go downfield much more often. Hopkins ends up with over 1,000 and 8 td's.

Who am I kidding? Even I don't believe this.

Keenan Allen will win it. He's been on a tear the past 3 games since becoming a starter, he may end up with over 1000 yards & 10 TDs despite not playing much the first few games. He's now the top target on a passing team, seems many forgot about him since he's coming off a bye week.

Lacy has been solid, but unspectacular, and his missed games will hurt him. L Bell in the same boat, but not as good as Lacy.

Gio would win it easily if BJGE ever gets phased out, but that's not looking likely. I think he'll finish 2nd.

Geno Smith has been awful. If he wins it, it's solely a product of media hype & East coast bias.

Keenan Allen will win it. He's been on a tear the past 3 games since becoming a starter, he may end up with over 1000 yards & 10 TDs despite not playing much the first few games. He's now the top target on a passing team, seems many forgot about him since he's coming off a bye week.

Lacy has been solid, but unspectacular, and his missed games will hurt him. L Bell in the same boat, but not as good as Lacy.

Gio would win it easily if BJGE ever gets phased out, but that's not looking likely. I think he'll finish 2nd.

Geno Smith has been awful. If he wins it, it's solely a product of media hype & East coast bias.

I couldn't disagree more with a post. Essentially everything here, IMO, is not how I feel.

Allen is good, but Lacy has been everything that offense needed, and the games will not hurt him if he stays healthy the rest of the way. He's been better than L.Bell.

Geno hasn't been AWFUL. He's not been great, but if you follow the Jets, they have no offensive skill positions. He's made bad decisions, but been candid in his answers about his performance and has no one to throw to. Ivory is a nice back, but he's in the bottom half of the league (easily) of starting RBs.

My own 2 cents is Lacy and Gio and then everyone else, but its not a typical year with either one or both of these guys as run aways.

Yes. It is. Lacy is basically averaging 104.8 y/s per game and .6 TD/Game, Gio is at 78.5 y/s per game and .75 TD. Yes I am not counting Lacy's game where he basically didn't play after the first game. It seems like your opinion does not factor in statistics and maybe were too enamored with one run last night.
Gio has more tds and has done almost as much with alot less work. Gio is a far more talented rb so maybe we won't see this breakout until 2014.... Lacy is a typical plodder with no receiving skills... He isn't ppr material for longterm imo. He may not last 3 years in the league.

One thing about Lacy is that he's not "just a guy". That much is for sure. The Pack has been running with "just guys" for years now. Lacy reminds me of a bit lighter Jerome Bettis the way he plays. If he can stay healthy, he's a Pro Bowler. When you think about what he's accomplishing right now, just think what he could do behind a competent, run-oriented offensive line?

One thing about Lacy is that he's not "just a guy". That much is for sure. The Pack has been running with "just guys" for years now. Lacy reminds me of a bit lighter Jerome Bettis the way he plays. If he can stay healthy, he's a Pro Bowler. When you think about what he's accomplishing right now, just think what he could do behind a competent, run-oriented offensive line?
Agreed, but will he ever have a run-oriented o-line? He needs a run-competent o-line, though, if that's what you're saying. Rodgers will be the focal point for as long as he can be. Get Lacy a better line and some experience and this guy can be a top back type of good.

David Bahktiari.

The rookie has stepped into the left tackle position and played it flawlessly, and with no help from T.E.'s or R.B's. It is his job to protect the franchise and to stone S.F.'s Smith Brother, the Raven's Suggs, all the Bengals, Jared Allen, and Detroit's lineup of future felons. He has absolutely done so and has contributed to the resurgent running game. There is not a GM in the league that would not give him the trophy.

Lacy is in the lead now and will separate down the stretch IMO. It won't be close by the end of the year. It's Lacy's to lose.

Seems like this week

David Bahktiari.

The rookie has stepped into the left tackle position and played it flawlessly, and with no help from T.E.'s or R.B's. It is his job to protect the franchise and to stone S.F.'s Smith Brother, the Raven's Suggs, all the Bengals, Jared Allen, and Detroit's lineup of future felons. He has absolutely done so and has contributed to the resurgent running game. There is not a GM in the league that would not give him the trophy.
Nice little plug for him and you are probably right in all of these regards. Problem is the media votes on this and they dont know a OT from a PB&J.

Lacy, Gio and then outside shot on Ellington depending on how arians uses him the rest of the way.

So 150 and 1 for Lacy this week and the same for Allen. Gio had a huge game and a signature run but came up hurt.

The race is heating up

Vector said:
That sound you hear is Zac Stacey rumbling up from the rear to pass the field.
Beat me to it, I think by the end of the year it will be between Geno, Lacy, and Stacy.

^ I would not count Keenan Allen out of it

He's be on fire lately and has become River's #1 target. When they need plays in the 4th, they went to Allen and he delivered.

In 3 of his last 4 games, he has put up AT LEAST: 6 rec / 107 yards / 1 TD

That's some damn good production for a rookie WR.

He's also facing DEN next week which could turn into a full blown shootout with DEN coming off a bye

Vector said:
That sound you hear is Zac Stacey rumbling up from the rear to pass the field.
Beat me to it, I think by the end of the year it will be between Geno, Lacy, and Stacy.
It's a 4-horse race, and all 4 are on the rise. My current rankings: Keenan Allen, Gio, Lacy, Stacy.

LOL at Geno Smith even getting a single vote.

Geno will get a vote because he's a QB, the award heavily favors a QB. It doesn't hurt that the Jets are actually winning some games when we assumed they would be terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread