What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rolando McClain arrested (1 Viewer)

SlevinKelevra

Footballguy
Rolando McClain arrested for assault, discharging a firearm

Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested and stands accused of illegally firing a gun in his hometown of Decatur, Alabama.

CSNBayArea.com reports that McClain has been arrested for discharging a firearm within city limits, third degree assault, menacing, and reckless endangerment.

Decatur Police Lt. John Crouch told Comcast SportsNet that McClain is currently in jail.

“I can tell you that Rolando McClain is under arrest,” Crouch said. “He’s been charged with third degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm in city limits. He is still in custody.”

McClain, who went home this week for his grandfather’s funeral, was reportedly involved in a fight on Wednesday night before the shooting broke out.

He's out of the NFL for a while.

If you put the over/under at 1.5 seasons until he's back I'll take the over.

I'll wait till we know all the facts of the case however this could be a brutal blow to the Raiders defense as they make the push to the playoffs.

Reggie Bush should be nudged up the rankings 1 or 2 spots this week...

Anyone familiar with the gun laws in Alabama? I would guess they are much less harsh than say NYC-

I heard he was just practicing his Touchdown Dance in case he had a PIck-6. :unsure: :waffen093:

Last edited by a moderator:
Punk ### #####!!!! these guys (athletes) just amaze me!!! They have the world handed to them and they still have to be so damn stupid...I hope he gets a few years for representing!!!

Exactly why was he in Alabama in mid-week? So his plan was to fly from Oak on Sunday to Bama, then back for practice & then onto Mia for a Sunday game? Can't imagine that affects his play at all. :rolleyes: This is the stuff that makes me mad at myself for caring about sports & these teams when these guys act like my 10 yr old.

Wow. According to Vittorio Tafur via twitter...Just talked to Decatur police. Victim says McClain stood over him with gun to his head, he begged for life, McClain fired shot past his earhttps://twitter.com/#!/VittorioTafur/status/142360894645604353
Wow. I could swear I remember his character being one of his strong point during the draft process. I'll wait till we hear more but that sounds like a complete thug move.

Anyone familiar with the gun laws in Alabama? I would guess they are much less harsh than say NYC-
lolI'd say so...

It's not like he killed a tree or anything...

McClain, 22, was charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors, police said. He was in Decatur City Jail this afternoon on bonds totaling $2,000.

Well-known Huntsville criminal defense attorney Mark McDaniel said the charges against McClain are misdemeanors and if he is convicted, McClain is unlikely to face jail time.

"Of course it's up to a judge, but assuming he has no prior criminal record, the charges are not that serious," McDaniel said. "DA's and judges see whole lot worse, and if this is put in the same categories with what other people are charged with, he's not looking at serving any time, if he is convicted."

McDaniel said since the charges are misdemeanors, if McClain were convicted and ordered to serve jail time, it would be in a city or county jail, not an Alabama prison.

All misdemeanors in AL. He'll walk. The NFL will likely give him 1 game or maybe a huge fine. Depends on what he's actually convicted of. What an idiot.

For all the bad PR that the Raiders have gotten over the years about rostering thugs and hoodlums, it's really a bad rap. Al Davis in his later years intentionally left alone the malcontents on draft day and in the offseason free agent wars. It will be interesting to see what CEO Amy Trask will do in response to this incident. I am hoping that she suspends him for conduct unbecoming indefinitely until he has his sit down with Goodell. It doesn't matter that legally the acts were misdemeanors in the state of Alabama. McClain was given the priviledge to be at his grandma's funeral, and he spit on the Raiders generosity and sympathy. If the Raiders can win without him this Sunday, great. But I don't think he understands what it means to be team defensive captain. He's not a leader. We move on with or without him. I'm very disappointed with him, and it's up to him if he wants to turn his life around, but I'd hope the Raiders put him on a very short leash.

Very disappointing. Ro has been in trouble many times over the years...but really seemed to have matured and blossomed under Saban's wing.

Now that he's out on his own with money...right back to where he started.

For all the bad PR that the Raiders have gotten over the years about rostering thugs and hoodlums, it's really a bad rap. Al Davis in his later years intentionally left alone the malcontents on draft day and in the offseason free agent wars. It will be interesting to see what CEO Amy Trask will do in response to this incident. I am hoping that she suspends him for conduct unbecoming indefinitely until he has his sit down with Goodell. It doesn't matter that legally the acts were misdemeanors in the state of Alabama. McClain was given the priviledge to be at his grandma's funeral, and he spit on the Raiders generosity and sympathy. If the Raiders can win without him this Sunday, great. But I don't think he understands what it means to be team defensive captain. He's not a leader. We move on with or without him. I'm very disappointed with him, and it's up to him if he wants to turn his life around, but I'd hope the Raiders put him on a very short leash.
It is funny that non-Raider fans still think of the Raiders players as being worse than the rest of the NFL. Actually, the Raiders are no worse than most other teams.

I've always heard rumors that McClain was a bigtime PUNK. As a Bama fan, I loved him as MLB and thought he was a great player. But there is no excuse for this, although in fairness we don't know what happened. It's possible the guy he fired at was a horrible guy, did horrible things, and McClain felt he could "teach him a lesson" or some crap. Just shows that so many of these guys think they are untouchable.

I'd like to see him suspended for the rest of the year. Something like this is way worse than what Suh did.

I don't see any compelling evidence that suggests that McClain's side of the story will exonerate him. What he did, even if it was in defense of a family member or some other justifiable reason crossed the line when he fired the gun past the friend's ear. Not that pistol whipping is ever considered a viable choice of self defense. Add to that the in the arrest photo, he's clearly smiling at the camera in a gangsta FTW pose. I have no sympathy for him, and if he gets the book thrown at him, he deserves it. :thumbdown:

Alabama TV station interviews alleged McClain victimBy Jerry McDonald - NFL WriterThursday, December 1st, 2011 at 9:31 pm in Oakland Raiders.According to the Alabama TV station WAFF, the alleged victim in the case which left Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain with four misdemeanor charges is Rishard Tapscott, who told the station he was he was a longtime friend of McClain’s.Tapscott, 23, said said he had several broken ribs, a concussion and is having trouble talking out of the right side of his mouth, the station reported.“I went over there, it was basically like an ambush, like they set me up to fight, because as soon as I got there they all went outside and I was sitting in the house,” Tapscott said. “That’s when they came back in the house and they were like, ‘You’re going to have to fight, come back out and fight.’ I was like ‘I ain’t fighting, I ain’t coming outside,’ and that’s when he came in the house and assaulted me,” said Papscott.“[Wednesday] night, before all the charges were pressed, I didn’t want him [McClain] to get in trouble because I look at him like a brother, as a friend. I never thought it would come to this. What goes around comes around.”

What is ANY NFL player doing with a gun outside of a hunting environment?

I would think that after the Plaxico Buress situation, any athlete would have wised up. I know nothing of what went down but I can't help but imagine this guy just randomly walking aound with a gun in his pocket...when he was in town for a funeral...

Where did he even get a gun? Its not like he just got on a plane in Oakland with one.

I just don't get it.

I've always heard rumors that McClain was a bigtime PUNK. As a Bama fan, I loved him as MLB and thought he was a great player. But there is no excuse for this, although in fairness we don't know what happened. It's possible the guy he fired at was a horrible guy, did horrible things, and McClain felt he could "teach him a lesson" or some crap. Just shows that so many of these guys think they are untouchable. I'd like to see him suspended for the rest of the year. Something like this is way worse than what Suh did.
Agreed with all of this.

'Hipple said:
'helix said:
lolI'd say so...

McClain, 22, was charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors, police said. He was in Decatur City Jail this afternoon on bonds totaling $2,000.

Well-known Huntsville criminal defense attorney Mark McDaniel said the charges against McClain are misdemeanors and if he is convicted, McClain is unlikely to face jail time.

"Of course it's up to a judge, but assuming he has no prior criminal record, the charges are not that serious," McDaniel said. "DA's and judges see whole lot worse, and if this is put in the same categories with what other people are charged with, he's not looking at serving any time, if he is convicted."

McDaniel said since the charges are misdemeanors, if McClain were convicted and ordered to serve jail time, it would be in a city or county jail, not an Alabama prison.
shooting a gun past a guy's head is third-degree assault?

What is ANY NFL player doing with a gun outside of a hunting environment?

I would think that after the Plaxico Buress situation, any athlete would have wised up. I know nothing of what went down but I can't help but imagine this guy just randomly walking aound with a gun in his pocket...when he was in town for a funeral...

Where did he even get a gun? Its not like he just got on a plane in Oakland with one.

I just don't get it.
Well, there is this thing called the 2nd amendment. Look it up. Did you know there is a large percentage of the American public permitted to legally carry a concealed firearm? You probably walk past several every day unless you live in NYC or Chicago (in those cities, only the criminals get to carry a gun). Not all that hard to get in AL from what I gather, and with just a couple non-resident permits in the right states a person can carry in 49 or 48 of them. Don't know if Rolando had a permit or not, but I didn't see that on his list of charges. Yes, you can just get on a plane in Oakland with a gun. Locked in a secured bag/container and put in checked luggage and declared to the airline before hand it's perfectly legal, even in Komifornia. And most permit holders (unlike Plaxico) carry a gun in a holster, making it much safer and unlikely to be negligently discharged.As for the USE of the gun, this guy IS a punk. The victim was already beaten to the point of crawling back/into his car (by his account) and reportedly pretty busted up. Doubt he was still a threat which, only a serious threat of great bodily injury or death (or in some states includes property) is justifiable to even pull a gun, let alone discharge it. If reports are accurate, I'd hope the guy does time.

'Hipple said:
'helix said:
lolI'd say so...

shooting a gun past a guy's head is third-degree assault?
That was my thought too. It seems like a messed up legal system when giving someone a beating, threatening them with a gun and firing it near their head won't result in jail time.

Ray Lewis is still playing.

Didn't Donte Stallworth kill someone during a DUI?

RoMac is an idiot and deserves what he gets, but lifetime/year long bans seem over the top.

If true, I'd speculate he does a couple/few months in county, arranges it so he doesn't miss any of training camp. Stallworth DID get a lot of time off, and I'm sure McClain does miss more than Suh.

Very disappointing. Ro has been in trouble many times over the years...but really seemed to have matured and blossomed under Saban's wing.Now that he's out on his own with money...right back to where he started.
:lmao:
:goodposting: Anyone who trusts Saban is a fool.
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Yeah, I know I know, all that matters is winning.
Jaded Dolphins fan? Jealous fan of school that has a "great guy" coach but an average football team?Saban was hired to win games and thats what he does. He's also stayed at Alabama long enough to honor his committments to his players and he creates the perfect environment for a player to come, succeed and then ultimately go play in the NFL if they want to.

Users who are viewing this thread