What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M Lattimore, RB, SC (1 Viewer)

poopdawg

Footballguy
Has to be one of the worst looking knee injuries I have ever seen. 5x worse than McGahee. A real shame given how high he could have been drafted. A bit presumptuous, but I don't see how he can come back from something like that. His leg was flopping around pretty bad. I'm going to go throw up now....

his face showed it all, truly devastating. thoughts and prayers to him for a quick recovery and being able to continue a career in football.

Ugly. My first reaction was very similar to the one I had watching Theismann's leg snap live.

The knee was not designed to bend that way

Nauseating that he just getting back to 100 percent from last years

Speaking of mcgahee, hope he can have the same long career

He is a injury prone version of Beanie Wells.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Injuries like this don't happen because you're "injury prone". They are freak incidents cause by getting hit in the wrong spot at the wrong moment. Would not matter who was running with that ball, woulda had the same result regardless.

'werdnoynek said:
his face showed it all, truly devastating. thoughts and prayers to him for a quick recovery and being able to continue a career in football.
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a limp for the rest of his life. That was horrific looking.

'renesauz said:
'Chazzhawk said:
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Injuries like this don't happen because you're "injury prone". They are freak incidents cause by getting hit in the wrong spot at the wrong moment. Would not matter who was running with that ball, woulda had the same result regardless.
I disagree. Some dudes just get hurt more often then others.Accept it, bro.

Really sad to see this. I hope the best for him and am rooting for a comeback. gonna be tough

that reminds me of the Shaun Livingston knee injury

'renesauz said:
'Chazzhawk said:
I'm not a fan of the "injury prone" label to begin with, but one could argue it applies with guys that are constantly pulling hammy's, easily concussed, etc.When a 280 lb lineman has you wrapped up high and then a 240 lb LB hits you square in the middle of your planted lower leg and bends your leg the wrong direction 80 degrees....that has NOTHING to do with "injury prone".Over-used term that doesn't apply here. This is a horrible, nasty injury but it had nothing to do with some inherant defect in the RB. It's simple bad luck.

Man.

this was our game feed in the UK. He was looking good and then this happens.

Lets see what the outcome is - to me it is in all likelihood different degrees of badness.

Im thinking he still gets drafted in 6th or 7th round. Might spend a year on IR but you just dont know.

He is young and able.

Ive got a spot on any of my dynasty teams for a guy like this. Its a gamble on a roster spot for a season, but risk return is looking favourable.

Of course if it is the most severe knee injury ever incurred then it might be different.

Right now I see him going to the Patriots in the 7th and my teams in the 5th.

'renesauz said:
'Chazzhawk said:
Of course they do, bro. But each play every player has an equal chance of getting hurt. For simplicity's sake, let's say it's a 5% chance every year a RB gets hurt and misses time. Now instead of playing out the season, each RB rolls a 20-sided die; everyone who rolls a one gets hurt. Do this for eight seasons. Some Rbs will never roll a one and will be warriors, true men who play the sport as its meant to be played. Others will roll several ones and these are the pitiable injury prone weaklings who are an insult to the game boo hiss. Like much of life it's all random chance.

'renesauz said:
Ugly. My first reaction was very similar to the one I had watching Theismann's leg snap live.
I watched it live too. We were actually recording the game on the old VCR. We watched that thing snap that night 20-30 times. Had a squeamish guy in the group, so we had to mess with him. We were in High School, that's what we did...Back to the point. I thought sure it was a broken leg not a blown knee. What's the latest on the injury?

'renesauz said:
I watched it live too. We were actually recording the game on the old VCR. We watched that thing snap that night 20-30 times. Had a squeamish guy in the group, so we had to mess with him. We were in High School, that's what we did...Back to the point. I thought sure it was a broken leg not a blown knee. What's the latest on the injury?
It sure looked like a femur that broke clean through to me. If his leg was flopping like that from a knee injury, it's going to be a loooong road back to playing football.

'renesauz said:
'Chazzhawk said:
You are right but injuries seem to find people more than others, it is bad luck. I say he is more injury prone than Wells because he seems to get hurt as often but they are much much worse injuries. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: these aren't for the injury. I feel bad for the kid because he has a ton of talent and would have been set for life with money, and bad luck seems to keep getting him.

Last edited by a moderator:
'renesauz said:
'Chazzhawk said:
Of course they do, bro. But each play every player has an equal chance of getting hurt. For simplicity's sake, let's say it's a 5% chance every year a RB gets hurt and misses time. Now instead of playing out the season, each RB rolls a 20-sided die; everyone who rolls a one gets hurt. Do this for eight seasons. Some Rbs will never roll a one and will be warriors, true men who play the sport as its meant to be played. Others will roll several ones and these are the pitiable injury prone weaklings who are an insult to the game boo hiss. Like much of life it's all random chance.
nerd alertps

this is why kids come out early

Just saw it mentioned on Twitter that he broke his femur and tore all four knee ligaments. Will look for the link.Edit:

Brian VanOchten @BrianVanOchtenThe news on South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore is awful: Broken femur and all four knee ligaments torn. Such a shame.

Just saw it a few minutes ago, ouch! That was painful to watch, hopefully he's able to somehow bounce back from this and play football again. Always sad to see something like this happen.

Twitter reporter may have jumped the gun:

Blake Eddins ‏@_BlakeEddins

Would be interesting to hear how @BrianVanOchten got Lattimore news, if true. Not calling him out. Just seems like hes "fishing" for e-cred.

@_BlakeEddins Nope, I'm just Tweeting the news that has spread throughout press box at Bryant-Denny Stadium in the first half.

Just saw it mentioned on Twitter that he broke his femur and tore all four knee ligaments. Will look for the link.Edit:

Brian VanOchten @BrianVanOchtenThe news on South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore is awful: Broken femur and all four knee ligaments torn. Such a shame.
I've never heard of an injury that bad.

Would be interesting to hear how @BrianVanOchten got Lattimore news, if true. Not calling him out. Just seems like hes "fishing" for e-cred.

@_BlakeEddins Nope, I'm just Tweeting the news that has spread throughout press box at Bryant-Denny Stadium in the first half.
So Blake basically admits to reporting gossip.

So Blake basically admits to reporting gossip.
It was a reply to Blake from this Brian Van Ochten guy... the injury is obviously bad but not confirmed yet... Van Ochten does admit to reporting rumor as fact

I've never heard of an injury that bad.
NOt sure about the femur...but I've seen the play at least 20 times today, and I bet he did tear every ligament and significantly dislocate his leg at the knee. HIs foot was pointing about 80 degrees rotated from the position of his hip/upper leg, with a nasty looking knot where his knee should have been.

'renesauz said:
'Chazzhawk said:
No. You arr incorrect. Do you think it's just "bad luck" that players like Michael Vick, TRichardson, ACollie, etc. are always getting hurt? Really?Some cats are softer than others. Accept it.And you must think darrin mcfadden is the most unlucky player in the nfl, right, bromeister?

'renesauz said:
'Chazzhawk said:
No. You arr incorrect. Do you think it's just "bad luck" that players like Michael Vick, TRichardson, ACollie, etc. are always getting hurt? Really?Some cats are softer than others. Accept it.And you must think darrin mcfadden is the most unlucky player in the nfl, right, bromeister?
Sorry, I didn't realize what I was dealing with; I recuse myself from this discussion.

See....I can agree with this general sentiment...but it's ridiculous to sinply count a guys injuries and say "Oops...second season ender...he's injury prone!"There's a difference between a guy always getting concussed, or having twice torn an ACL without even getting hit, or missing three games yearly for pulled hammys...and an injury like this.This type of injury isn't remotely caused by being "soft", and even suggesting that guys take injuries like this by being "soft" is not just ridiculous, but somewhat insulting.Watch the play. There's not a RB on the planet who gets up from that hit. It was 100% unavoidable with a 250+# lineman on his back, and was perfectly placed with absolutely no chance for Lattimore to avoid it or prepare for it. Nothing "soft" about it...and suggesting there is is disgusting.

Well if best case scenario is McGahee's career, I bet he'll take it. I wouldn't expect anything major out of him his first couple of NFL seasons, but they do rebuild knees and with time and conditioning he can get back to 100% eventually. Sucks real bad though. I haven't watched it and I don't plan to.

A lot of "injury prone" guys end up coming around and being a horse. Frank Gore, McGahee, the injury prone O.G. Fred Taylor.. ADP may do the same..

The leg flop or it dangling thru the air was reminiscent of ed mccaffery
Wendell Davis had two legs flopping in the air after jumping for a ball in Veterans Stadium on 10/10/93. He never played again after destroying both knees on the play .I still list that as the most disgusting football injury I have seen. Lattimore, McCallum, Theismann, McGahee and Krumrie ones are next in some order.

Well if best case scenario is McGahee's career, I bet he'll take it. I wouldn't expect anything major out of him his first couple of NFL seasons, but they do rebuild knees and with time and conditioning he can get back to 100% eventually. Sucks real bad though. I haven't watched it and I don't plan to.A lot of "injury prone" guys end up coming around and being a horse. Frank Gore, McGahee, the injury prone O.G. Fred Taylor.. ADP may do the same..
The knee never will be 100 % again, they never are. The person can make the muscles around it stronger than they ever were and compensate in other ways to make them look 100 %, but it is never 100 % again.

The leg flop or it dangling thru the air was reminiscent of ed mccaffery
Wendell Davis had two legs flopping in the air after jumping for a ball in Veterans Stadium on 10/10/93. He never played again after destroying both knees on the play .I still list that as the most disgusting football injury I have seen. Lattimore, McCallum, Theismann, McGahee and Krumrie ones are next in some order.
The worst one I can remember seeing, was back in like 96 or 97, I forget the player but he made an interception and was running the ball down the sideline and the quarterback was chasing him and dove and barely clipped his ankle and it threw him off balance and he broke both ankles.

Users who are viewing this thread