What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/Sell High - Week 8 (1 Viewer)

lilmink

Footballguy
Didn't see this yet. Hoping it hasn't been started already. A couple guys I am looking at are Julio Jones and Matthew Stafford.

Julio should succeed with the cake schedule he has after the bye.

Stafford should get Calvin back soon and the falcons are the juiciest of matchups this week.

buying low on Witten, Matthews, Lynch, Edelman, Graham, Jennings, Ingram & Dalton.

Selling high on:

Oliver: last week proved he was mortal on limited carries due to the way the game played out. His # of touches relly heads south as Brown/Matthews return from injuries, and Rivers counts on the vets down the stretch for pass protection.

Colston: stepped up in a pinch with Thomas and Graham hurt; back into the shadows this week and beyond, only emerging once in a while

Quick: not savvy enough yet to beat the double-team, and Davis won't throw it into double-coverage = last two weeks

Royal: 2nd half swoon begins now

Vereen: uh...Belichek? no thanks

Murray: He isn't going to have 400+ touches this year, so expect a lesser production down the stretch; they need him for the the NFL playoffs, no my fantasy playoffs

J. Thomas: odd pick, I know, but just to many other TEs getting more targets; sell on the name and reap the rewards.

Selling high on:

Colston: stepped up in a pinch with Thomas and Graham hurt; back into the shadows this week and beyond, only emerging once in a while
agree with most everything else you wrote (though I wouldn't sell JT) but what do you expect to get for Colston? I couldn't give him away a couple weeks ago.

Vereen and Tate are 2 guys I'm trying to unload from one of my teams.

Vereen could easily have another 20+ point performance this week or put up 5 points. His ceiling his high, but his floor is super low, which offets some of his potential for me.

Tate has been on a tear lately, but that's all been without Calvin. Once Calvin comes back, I'd expect those targets to go way down. He'll still be a solid WR3 the rest of the way, but now's the time to move him for something better.

Selling high on:

agree with most everything else you wrote (though I wouldn't sell JT) but what do you expect to get for Colston? I couldn't give him away a couple weeks ago.
Not much, but you might be able to get a buy-low player. He won't be coming off many more 6 catch/111 games, so you could sell him to someone with the notion that, even when Graham comes back, Colston will still get many of the looks that went PT's way.

I'd be thrilled to get Witten for him, or package him for any others listed in my buy-low list. To be sure, he won't be in my lineup unless he puts together 3-4 games like this past Sunday.

Lamar Miller is a great sell high candidate right now (or maybe after this Sunday's game). He's been playing very well, but take a glance at his schedule following the Jacksonville game. It's BRUTAL.

I think Lamar Miller can go either way. So far he's faced teams allowing an average of 18.73points to RBs. The next 6 weeks he faces teams allowing an average of 16.26. However, his targets have increased recently and if you are a contender, his week 15 and week 16 matchups are enough to make you blush (22.3 and 22.7 allowed to RBs)

I think Lamar Miller can go either way. So far he's faced teams allowing an average of 18.73points to RBs. The next 6 weeks he faces teams allowing an average of 16.26. However, his targets have increased recently and if you are a contender, his week 15 and week 16 matchups are enough to make you blush (22.3 and 22.7 allowed to RBs)
That's not correct, actually. He had 5 targets in weeks 1-3, and hasn't had more than three in a game since that point.

Lamar Miller is a great sell high candidate right now (or maybe after this Sunday's game). He's been playing very well, but take a glance at his schedule following the Jacksonville game. It's BRUTAL.
Depending on price, i'd be buying Lamar Miller. You don't just go off matchups, his opportunity, O-Line, and team are all pointed up.

I just bought Rashad Jennings and Andre Williams for Joique Bell and Isaiah Crowell from someone with injury/bye week concerns this week.

Vereen and Tate are 2 guys I'm trying to unload from one of my teams.

Vereen could easily have another 20+ point performance this week or put up 5 points. His ceiling his high, but his floor is super low, which offets some of his potential for me.

Tate has been on a tear lately, but that's all been without Calvin. Once Calvin comes back, I'd expect those targets to go way down. He'll still be a solid WR3 the rest of the way, but now's the time to move him for something better.
Tate has a solid schedule down the stretch.

Obj on his bye. 100% of snaps, randall getting reps in slot. Got him and Davis for kelce and torrey (I know I over paid), but big believer in him

Curious to see what Brandon Marshall owners have been offering or getting offered for Marshall
Not sure what other BM owners are thinking/feeling, but since I've waited him out THIS long...I'm hanging on hoping for a return to expectation's from draft day. I guess my price would be relatively high for me to loose him now. FWIW

Curious to see what Brandon Marshall owners have been offering or getting offered for Marshall
Not sure what other BM owners are thinking/feeling, but since I've waited him out THIS long...I'm hanging on hoping for a return to expectation's from draft day. I guess my price would be relatively high for me to loose him now. FWIW
Haven't seen any offers for him in the league I own him in. I'm not in a hurry to move him unless I got a really good deal. He seems to be over his ankle injury and I don't see why he won't keep producing.

Strange as it may seem, after tonight's performance, is Emanuel Sanders a sell high? What can you expect to get for him? What if you pair him with a RB2?

For redraft I'm calling Mike Evans. If vjax gets traded it's huge and if not he'll still be good. Maybe not wr1 good but for what you can buy him for should be decent.

I own Sanders and in no way would I be trading him. Why would you? He's tearing it up and ha the best QB in the league.

I just acquired Marshall in a ppr league for Ben Tate. The other owner was desperate for RB.

I viewed Marshall as a prime but low, if you can. Finally over the ankle injury, I think there is a good chance he pushes WR1 status going forward.

I just acquired Marshall in a ppr league for Ben Tate. The other owner was desperate for RB.I viewed Marshall as a prime but low, if you can. Finally over the ankle injury, I think there is a good chance he pushes WR1 status going forward.
I like Marshall as a buy low but I'm starting to think trestman had cutler trying to feed all the mouths in this offense now so he isn't locking onto marshall all the time. Also Chicago has the second hardest schedule against wrs so that is somewhat of a deterrent. I think Revis locks marshall down this week and then he will be the ultimate buy low next week.

Strange as it may seem, after tonight's performance, is Emanuel Sanders a sell high? What can you expect to get for him? What if you pair him with a RB2?
I think you ride this gem through the end of season. In fact add more Broncos if you can.
Seriously...You probably drafted him as a WR2 at most and he's performing like a WR1. Not sure where the value in trading him is.
What if you could get someone like Jordy or Dez in return? I am concerned that this won't keep up. There are other weapons in Denver and he may not be consistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell Colston if you get anything remotely reasonable....just a hunch.

Selling high on:

Oliver: last week proved he was mortal on limited carries due to the way the game played out. His # of touches relly heads south as Brown/Matthews return from injuries, and Rivers counts on the vets down the stretch for pass protection.
Tried to warn you guys...but the window for selling high on Oliver might be closed.

buying low on Witten, Matthews, Lynch, Edelman, Graham, Jennings, Ingram & Dalton.

Selling high on:

Quick: not savvy enough yet to beat the double-team, and Davis won't throw it into double-coverage = last two weeks

Royal: 2nd half swoon begins now

Vereen: uh...Belichek? no thanks

Murray: He isn't going to have 400+ touches this year, so expect a lesser production down the stretch; they need him for the the NFL playoffs, no my fantasy playoffs

J. Thomas: odd pick, I know, but just to many other TEs getting more targets; sell on the name and reap the rewards.
I think you have to hold Murray at this point. The Eagles are neck and neck with Dallas, so they are not going to have the luxury of shutting him down - he will be a stud as long as he is healthy

I think you ride this gem through the end of season. In fact add more Broncos if you can.
Seriously...You probably drafted him as a WR2 at most and he's performing like a WR1. Not sure where the value in trading him is.
What if you could get someone like Jordy or Dez in return? I am concerned that this won't keep up. There are other weapons in Denver and he may not be consistent.
No one is trading Jordy or Dez...

Or Sanders for that matter.

Air Stich said:
3nOut said:
No. 16 said:
King of the Jungle said:
3nOut said:

I wouldn't trade Jordy for much of anything. Would have to be an outstanding package surrounding Sanders.

How high would you have to be to sell on Murray (in dynasty)? It's one thing to say to sell high, it's another to identify who - only a very short list of other RBs even in the conversation with him (McCoy, Bell, possibly Gio).

How high would you have to be to sell on Murray (in dynasty)? It's one thing to say to sell high, it's another to identify who - only a very short list of other RBs even in the conversation with him (McCoy, Bell, possibly Gio).
In a PPR league I have him, I'm thinking of waiting until our rookie draft in the Spring and float Murray for the top pick if Gurley/Gordan are in the perfect situation.

Air Stich said:
3nOut said:
No. 16 said:
King of the Jungle said:
3nOut said:

I wouldn't trade Jordy for much of anything. Would have to be an outstanding package surrounding Sanders.
What about a RB strapped team that has Jordy? As I said, what about an RB2 and Sanders for Jordy? Is that too much too give for a top 5 WR?

This is somewhat tangential to the OP, but I have been trying to sell high on both Ronnie Hillman and Golden Tate, as they are both a weekly WR1, and RB1 respectively right now. What I've found is that their value is skewed by the fact that Calvin and Ball are coming back soon. This is not exactly next-level insight (that value drops when presumed starters come back), but I do feel this effect is actually far too pronounced. Even though Tate will likely remain a WR2 and Hillman has a good shot at remaining the starter (and therefore an RB1), people are not offering what their actual WR2/RB1 value is.

Therefore, I am targeting both these players. Other owners might be trying to "sell high" because they are both hot right now, but I do not believe the drop in production that is factored into their market prices will be nearly as bad as most people think. I think you can target both these players as "buy high" due to these somewhat unusual circumstances. This goes for both dynasty and redraft.

I would also throw Oliver in this group, although I not as absolutely certain about his talent as I am on Tate and Hillman.

For those saying no way theyd sell sanders. I would if i got a great deal. Chargers were missing their top 2 corners. His value wont be higher for the rest of the season

Air Stich said:
3nOut said:
No. 16 said:
King of the Jungle said:
3nOut said:
No one is trading Jordy or Dez...Or Sanders for that matter.
What about a RB strapped team that has Jordy? As I said, what about an RB2 and Sanders for Jordy? Is that too much too give for a top 5 WR?
Depends if you could live without the RB2. Unless you're stacked at RB, then it would be hard to trade Sanders.

RB2+Sanders vs Nelson+RB3?4?

Basically is the upgrade from Sanders to Nelson > the downgrade from your RB2 to RB3?

If it is then yes trade Sanders, if it isn't keep.

before the game there was a sanders/gore for steve smith/hillman deal that was accepted... league is split on who got better end (before the game at least :) )

i was trying to sell vereen but didnt have the right trade partner to get a decent RB back

you could argue tre mason is a buy low and a sell high right now... sunday will go a long way in determining his ROS value

with 2 crap games in a row quick is a hold (because he has zero trade value) and you have to hope he starts producing again before you even try to shop him around

Cam newton is a buy low given his cake schedule to end the year

Air Stich said:
3nOut said:
No. 16 said:
King of the Jungle said:
3nOut said:

That depends on the players, but it doesn't matter because the Jordy owner isn't going to accept it. You don't get guys like Jordy unless you offer an obviously lopsided trade or your dealing with weak, inexperienced owners who can be taken advantage of.

PPR: Wouldn't even consider dealing Sanders outside getting an elite WR1. Don't expect that to happen & will enjoy the WR1 production.

Getting 9 targets/game & catch% at almost 80. Just insane. All go watch an All22. The guy is always open at each and every level. Playing with the best QB the planet's ever seen.

PPR:

Seeing some ROS rankings, Brandin Cooks. Playing nearly every snap, 6 or more targets in all but 1 game. He'll eventually break one and the hype will go back through the roof. It's only a matter of when.

And keep in mind (pretty much for every fantasy player on that offense)., Saints final 6 of 9 fantasy contests ........at home. Cooks has caught no fewer than 7 passes in his 3 home games (scoring no less than 15 PPR FP)...seing double digit targets in 2 of 3 (catching 83% of passes)

The Saints playoff schedule looks as good as any in the league (2 home games--vs Carolina & ATL and a road game vs a team that hasn't stopped anyone at home this year, the Bears (0-3 at home). Carolina = #27 ranked D, ATL #30, CHI #17 in YD/G

----------------------------

I'll always downgrade that Saints O on the road, but even their road games aren't daunting (@Carolina,@Pitt, @Chicago)

Anyone else think that garcon might be a ultimate buy low flyer. Rg3 targeted him a ton last year. At least in ppr he should be a solid wr2 even with some of his targets taken away. Also with that defense they will be on alot of shootouts. Even with that td last week you might be able to swap him for a guy like baldwin maybe

I like Garcon a lot. I just traded Oliver for him in a 1 pt ppr league. Dude has been a ppr machine rg3 and they are going to be behind. Plus Reed can't stay healthy.

As the owner of DT, Julio, Dez, and Sanders, I'd be more willing to ship one of the other three. I think you'll get similar ROS performance, but more value in return for the other three names. Offer Sanders for Charles and that's an insult. Offer Dez for Charles and there's a conversation to be had.
How the hell did you get all those top 3 wrs!

What types of deals are Julio owners receiving here? Guy is about to go to 2-6 and is basically out of it, trying to see if I can get Julio, but not sure what to offer..

Users who are viewing this thread