What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

just_want_2_win

Footballguy
Anthony Dixon/Bryce Brown - Spiller's initial diagnosis is broken collarbone; FJax has a groin injury -- it anything like Montee Ball's, could be out a few weeks. Brown has been inactive last few games (maybe all) and hasn't had a carry this year.

Tre Mason -- Been discussed a lot on this board last couple of weeks and looking good so far today

Ray Rice? -- Could be re-instated in the near future. At least worth a watch listing.

Denard Robinson -- 9/64 as I write.

Last edited by a moderator:
D.Adams from GB if not already scooped up. Baldwin from Seattle too possibly.
Not sure on this one, only 1 target and to many mouths to feed in GB. My vote Denard Robinson, hands down. Tre Mason is also interesting.

Andrew Hawkins fell to the wire in a couple of my leagues. Worth an add.
I dropped him after a couple downward trending weeks -- his demise was exaggerated.

Regarding Dixon/Brown, here's RW's take:

Anthony Dixon had 13 carries for 51 yards in Sunday's Week 7 win over the Vikings.
Dixon took over as the lead back after C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson left with injuries in the second quarter. He plodded his way to 3.9 yards per carry, but showed good power between the tackles. With Spiller and Jackson sidelined, Dixon will likely be used in the lesser half of a committee with Bryce Brown and could potentially see goal-line work. Brown is the preferred add in fantasy leagues.

Another ok add -- especially for bye weeks -- is Stepfan Taylor:

Stepfan Taylor rushed 12 times for 40 yards and a touchdown and caught two passes for 19 yards and an additional score in the Cardinals' Week 7 win over the Raiders.
Taylor's role was increased Sunday as the Cardinals utilized more of a two-back timeshare as opposed to leaning on Andre Ellington as an every-down back. (Ellington did handle 30 touches, of course). Taylor dominated red-zone touches ahead of Ellington, scoring on a two-yard speed out to give the Cardinals an early 7-0 lead, and again on a four-yard carry in the third quarter. Although Taylor can be a useful player in a certain role, he is not a real threat to Ellington on anything other than red-zone plays. View Taylor as a low-ceiling and ultimately touchdown-dependent RB3/4 entering a Week 8 date with the Eagles.

I wouldn't get too excited on Taylor. He should be owned already by the Ellington owner. I wish I had scooped up Baldwin as soon as the Harvin trade was announced. Had him last year and he was a solid flex option.

just_want_2_win said:
Raiderfan32904 said:
Andrew Hawkins fell to the wire in a couple of my leagues. Worth an add.
I dropped him after a couple downward trending weeks -- his demise was exaggerated.

Regarding Dixon/Brown, here's RW's take:

Anthony Dixon had 13 carries for 51 yards in Sunday's Week 7 win over the Vikings.
Dixon took over as the lead back after C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson left with injuries in the second quarter. He plodded his way to 3.9 yards per carry, but showed good power between the tackles. With Spiller and Jackson sidelined, Dixon will likely be used in the lesser half of a committee with Bryce Brown and could potentially see goal-line work. Brown is the preferred add in fantasy leagues.
Didnt they give up a 4th for Brown? Its fair to say he is not better than Jackson and Spiller and was not active because he didnt play special teams. Now with them out it all changes, its fair to say Brown can be an every down back and Dixon will be in to spell Brown, because they still need Dixon for special teams.

In regards to the running backs that suddenly became more appealing this week (assuming redraft--as I imagine most of these guys were probably owned in dynasty leagues)--how would the pool rank them? Obviously Denard would be a guy to consider, Tre Mason, Dixon or Bryce in Buffalo...maybe stefan taylor? For me--I think I'd probably go tre, denard, bryce, dixon, stefan--but I'd certainly like to hear other opinions

Anthony Dixon/Bryce Brown - Spiller's initial diagnosis is broken collarbone; FJax has a groin injury -- it anything like Montee Ball's, could be out a few weeks. Brown has been inactive last few games (maybe all) and hasn't had a carry this year.

Tre Mason -- Been discussed a lot on this board last couple of weeks and looking good so far today

Ray Rice? -- Could be re-instated in the near future. At least worth a watch listing.

What priority, isn't that the question?

Is everyone going:

Shoelace

Mason

Dixon

BBrown

?

Not sure it's that cut and dried.

Is everyone going:

Shoelace

Mason

Dixon

BBrown

?

i think bbrown before dixon. and i dont want any part of shoelace. be surprised if that guy can make it through 3 games being used like that

Gotta figure out whether Brown will leapfrog Dixon for Buffalo. Are we automatically assuming the talented Brown comes in and takes over? The assumption has been Dixon is active over him for his ST value but is that all that's to it? Dixon is a good goalline runner as well...any chance he's the guy you really want in that backfield?

Gotta figure out whether Brown will leapfrog Dixon for Buffalo. Are we automatically assuming the talented Brown comes in and takes over? The assumption has been Dixon is active over him for his ST value but is that all that's to it? Dixon is a good goalline runner as well...any chance he's the guy you really want in that backfield?
Well, if we've learned anything from DEN/NE in the past few weeks, it's that when a team's starting RB goes down, and one of his potential replacements had previously been a healthy scratch, that guy will instantly come in and be a fantasy stud

:sarcasm:

Jacksonville is not going to stay in most games like they did today. They've shown previously this season that they will abandon the run when behind.

Robinson is going to be massively over-valued on the WW this week. Grab him and trade him.

Has Escobar finally taken over for Witten as the TE to have in Dallas? Might be worth a look.
Would like more info on this.
post game talk radio said that this is the first game in his career that escobar had more than two catches in a game. i don't know the veracity of that stat, but given his poor blocking skills and his 6 targets to witten's 33 i would look for TE help elsewhere in redraft.

D.Adams from GB if not already scooped up. Baldwin from Seattle too possibly.
Not sure on this one, only 1 target and to many mouths to feed in GB. My vote Denard Robinson, hands down. Tre Mason is also interesting.
the reason davante is enticing is bc there arent many mouths to feed. rodgers is getting to 4500 yards and after cobb and jordy and the rbs there is still about 1k yards to account for. theres no jermichael or james jones. someone should partially take on that 1400 and 16 production.

Has Escobar finally taken over for Witten as the TE to have in Dallas? Might be worth a look.
Would like more info on this.
post game talk radio said that this is the first game in his career that escobar had more than two catches in a game. i don't know the veracity of that stat, but given his poor blocking skills and his 6 targets to witten's 33 i would look for TE help elsewhere in redraft.
Looks like an accurate stat. But when you're a 2nd year TE who hasn't learned to block well, behind a HOF TE, with a pretty good receiver crew and Murray, it's not surprising.

Is everyone going:

Shoelace

Mason

Dixon

BBrown

?

i think bbrown before dixon. and i dont want any part of shoelace. be surprised if that guy can make it through 3 games being used like that
Thinking about this some more I guess it's

RB

Mason

BBrown

Shoelace

Dixon

Been looking at wr pretty hard

Baldwin and robinson really stand out. Robinson has been producing for weeks.

I just noticed in one league that somebody dropped mike evans. Would you put him over the guys above? Obviously, he should be rostered

1. Robinson - Will be given a chance to be lead dog.

2. Cleveland D - Play Oakland at home and will be angry after losing to Jags.

3. Brown - Kid has show he can do it and do it well, Dixon stands in his way? I'll take Brown over Dixon.

4. Mason - Rams RB still too much of a cluster ####.

5. Have a feeling someone from tonights teams will be a hot pickup.

Bryce Brown has the highest ceiling and is who I'm going after.

Don't want any part of JAX. That game had more to do with Cleveland's ineptitude on Offense more than anything.

Beckham Jr. still available in almost 80% of ESPN leagues. NY on bye next week, but think he should perform at a WR2 minimum rest of year.

Mason. Fisher knows his job is on the line, and no coincidence they give Mason 18 carries, he tears it up v. Seattle d..Fisher's most recent coachspeak is that 'Stacy could get 25 carries next week'..um, yeah, OK. the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale,And DB Cooper survived...his job is tied to turning this around, Mason makes that offense a potent force..he's not going to tinker with that , one bit.

Bryce Brown gets his chance !

Ray Rice is going to wind up somewhere, soon..Denver? Dallas ( really, can Murray last at this pace?) , San Diego.? Jax?

well I'm the ####### that picked up Tre on Wednesday and dropped him on Saturday because of Seatle Defense. What makes it worse then having to use a # 2 waiver on him is that I can't even use my top waiver wire on him now because I can't pick him up until waiver clears. Robinson it is...

Users who are viewing this thread