What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings Week 8 (1 Viewer)

waltj

Footballguy
QB's im eyeballing right now

Foles- coming off the bye. against a 7th rank Cards D

Brees- at home...against Rogers

Rogers

I can only imagine a ton of people will have GB stack this week.

I feel like this week is scary to me.

With McKinnon, Vereen, Ingram, Oliver, Tate, Hillman and Bryce Brown all being cheap with good matchups, someone is going to suck it up and I'll have him rostered! I just know it.

I have done well every week since week 1, but I feel like this is my week to stink it up. Maybe I'll just go with cheap WR's and stack my RB's so I don't run into one of those landmines above.

Personal issues aside, all of those guys look like great cheap options on Fanduel. Love McKinnon, Vereen and Tate this week. Heck, even Mcfadden looks nice.

Is anyone else considering doing a Bridgewater/Jarius Wright stack in a league or two? Bridgwater is only $5,400 and Wright is $5,000. I know Bridgewater has struggled the past 2 games, but he's faced 2 pretty good defenses. Coming from a Bucs fan, our defense is an absolute mess and QB's have been having field days on us because guys are screwing up assignments and leaving receivers wide open. Not really sure how reliable Wright is either so if a Viking fan could chip in that'd be great. I know your o-line has been really struggling, but other than McCoy our pass rush sucks.

This stack would allow you to load up the rest of your team. A lineup I made earlier that I'm considering:

Teddy Bridgewater

Arian Foster

Andre Ellington/Lamar Miller (both are $7,400 with good match ups, leaning towards Ellington though, especially after Ben Tate let me down last week against the Jags)

Jordy Nelson

Dez Bryant

Jarius Wright

Jordan Reed

Dan Carpenter

Dolphins D

Is anyone else considering doing a Bridgewater/Jarius Wright stack in a league or two? Bridgwater is only $5,400 and Wright is $5,000. I know Bridgewater has struggled the past 2 games, but he's faced 2 pretty good defenses. Coming from a Bucs fan, our defense is an absolute mess and QB's have been having field days on us because guys are screwing up assignments and leaving receivers wide open. Not really sure how reliable Wright is either so if a Viking fan could chip in that'd be great. I know your o-line has been really struggling, but other than McCoy our pass rush sucks.

This stack would allow you to load up the rest of your team. A lineup I made earlier that I'm considering:

Teddy Bridgewater

Arian Foster

Andre Ellington/Lamar Miller (both are $7,400 with good match ups, leaning towards Ellington though, especially after Ben Tate let me down last week against the Jags)

Jordy Nelson

Dez Bryant

Jarius Wright

Jordan Reed

Dan Carpenter

Dolphins D
After reading your post I made a similar stack. It's like a $25 lottery ticket on fan duel and I could see bridgewater getting some rushing yards as well to help his stats out.

Yea, some rushing yards would be a nice bonus. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he threw for at least 200 yards and 2 TD's, which would be great value at $5,400.

Another stack I really like is Luck/Hilton. I think this could be as good as Rodgers/Nelson if Wayne doesn't play, as Hilton should get a ton of targets. Stack would save you $1,000 and may not be as popular as Rodgers/Nelson.

Yea, some rushing yards would be a nice bonus. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he threw for at least 200 yards and 2 TD's, which would be great value at $5,400.

Another stack I really like is Luck/Hilton. I think this could be as good as Rodgers/Nelson if Wayne doesn't play, as Hilton should get a ton of targets. Stack would save you $1,000 and may not be as popular as Rodgers/Nelson.
Not sure about the stack, but Bridgewater would be a good lottery play in a GPP. He has not looked very good the last couple weeks, so no one will probably be on him. Biggest problem is you don't know what receiver he is going to go to. You have Jennings who is only $500 higher and Patterson who is only $1000 higher and can break loose anywhere on the field. Not sure what Vikings team you are going to get week to week though so big ?

Some guys Im looking at on DK

QB: Brees Stafford Palmer

RB: Lynch L Bell Miller Tate Mckinnon

WR: Hilton Nelson Tate Watkins Colston Hopkins Jennings GPP: maybe Harvin

TE: Thomas Gronk Reed

DT: Miami Cleveland

Not sure about the stack, but Bridgewater would be a good lottery play in a GPP. He has not looked very good the last couple weeks, so no one will probably be on him. Biggest problem is you don't know what receiver he is going to go to. You have Jennings who is only $500 higher and Patterson who is only $1000 higher and can break loose anywhere on the field. Not sure what Vikings team you are going to get week to week though so big ?
Yea, definitely would only be a GPP play. Was wondering about their receiving situation so thanks for chiming in as a Vikings fan. Patterson has only had 2 catches in each of the past 4 games, so it is really hard to justify playing him at $6,000. I'd rather spend less on Jennings and Wright who have been more productive. This is definitely a risky play, but when you can stack the rest of your team with Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Arian Foster and Andre Ellington, I think it is worth risking especially considering the matchup.

I'm a Bucs fan so I watch them every week and our secondary is just pitiful right now. We look like Dallas' D last year trying to learn the cover 2. I mean twice this year, we have been down 28-0 after the 1st quarter for christs sake. Every QB we have faced has thrown for over 200 yards and has 2 TD's (with the exception of Ausitn Davis who threw for 230 yards but no TD's). If he can do that, he triples his value. I think this is a great game for Teddy to bounce back, as much as I hate to say it. There's a chance we look better coming off a bye week and the coaching fixes some of the mistakes, but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea, definitely would only be a GPP play. Was wondering about their receiving situation so thanks for chiming in as a Vikings fan. Patterson has only had 2 catches in each of the past 4 games, so it is really hard to justify playing him at $6,000. I'd rather spend less on Jennings and Wright who have been more productive. This is definitely a risky play, but when you can stack the rest of your team with Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Arian Foster and Andre Ellington, I think it is worth risking especially considering the matchup.

I'm a Bucs fan so I watch them every week and our secondary is just pitiful right now. We look like Dallas' D last year trying to learn the cover 2. I mean twice this year, we have been down 28-0 after the 1st quarter for christs sake. Every QB we have faced has thrown for over 200 yards and has 2 TD's (with the exception of Ausitn Davis who threw for 230 yards but no TD's). If he can do that, he triples his value. I think this is a great game for Teddy to bounce back, as much as I hate to say it. There's a chance we look better coming off a bye week and the coaching fixes some of the mistakes, but I doubt it.
Bridgewater is definitely a good play in GPPs, I am just not sure about the stack. Granted, they would all be lower % players, biggest problem is that we don't know who will get the catches every week. I think you could find better value that Wright even at 5k.

Bridgewater is definitely a good play in GPPs, I am just not sure about the stack. Granted, they would all be lower % players, biggest problem is that we don't know who will get the catches every week. I think you could find better value that Wright even at 5k.
Yea, I know what you're saying. Who would you rather have at 5k? Kearse is really the only guy I see that I would consider, could be looking over some guys though. I'm having trouble finding value at WR this week, Lafell is an intriguing option, but he's probably the 4th option behind Gronk, Edelman and Vereen. Don't like too many guys in the 6,000-7,000 range either which is why I kind of want to spend for the big WR's.

BTW, how do you feel about McKinnon this week? I think he's good value at $5,800.

Yea, I know what you're saying. Who would you rather have at 5k? Kearse is really the only guy I see that I would consider, could be looking over some guys though. I'm having trouble finding value at WR this week, Lafell is an intriguing option, but he's probably the 4th option behind Gronk, Edelman and Vereen. Don't like too many guys in the 6,000-7,000 range either which is why I kind of want to spend for the big WR's.

BTW, how do you feel about McKinnon this week? I think he's good value at $5,800.
I was just going to say plug McKinnon it at RB for 5800 and use the extra $ for WR upgrade. The backfield isn't totally settled yet and Asiata is going to get carries, but McKinnon could take it to the house on any play. I may through a Tourney lineup out there with McKinnon and Bridgwater together.

DK running backs:

Charles only $6,700, Le'veon Bell only $6,300. Tate $4,600!

At the rate above you can pair Charles or bell with ben Tate and stack your WRs with demaryius/Jordy/Dez! Throw Ertz (only $3,200) vs cardinals who are terrible vs TE...Michael Floyd ($4,900) at flex vs eagles weak secondary and take your pick between bills/dolphins D ($3,300)...and of course use Bridgewater at QB hoping he goes 3-4x his salary. ($5,100)

As others have mentioned, there's some apprehension here about this week. Also, time to really start paying attention to weather reports as well. GL this week!

DraftKings gave away about $1 per entry in last week's Millionaire Maker. They had 78,631 entries (at $27 each) and paid out $2.2 million, which is a shortfall to them of about $76,963.

Haven't been on there yet. Is there a special this week for the early start game (contests that include it and contests that don't)? Or all Sunday/Mon contests start at 9am?

At both FanDuel and DraftKings, the ATL-DET game is being treated like a Thursday night game -- it is not in the Sunday contests.

I might have to jump onboard the GB stack this week, if I can manage to build some high potential value plays around it. I think the odds are pretty good that Rodgers throws another 3TD's this week and the odds that Nelson will have 1 or more of those TD's pretty good as well.

I noticed that too and it makes for a nice little double-action scenario:

1) Enter $5 50/50 for Thurs-Sun AM game

2) Win $9 and add $1 for a total of $10

3) Enter $10 50/50 for Afternoon/Primetime games

4) ????

5) Win $18 from $6 - essentially a triple up but at two 50/50 odds (note odds of winning two 50/50s is .5 x .5, so 25%, yet this only pays out 3x).

Liking Bridgewater playing in his home state, in front of friends/fam, against a horrid Bucs secondary in GPP's. Maybe this is the week CPatt gets deep? Wright seems more likely to have the big game (if there is one) though

I might have to jump onboard the GB stack this week, if I can manage to build some high potential value plays around it. I think the odds are pretty good that Rodgers throws another 3TD's this week and the odds that Nelson will have 1 or more of those TD's pretty good as well.
Yea, I really want to have a GB stack, but I'm having trouble finding a team I like. This is my favorite one I've put together so far, but I'm still not too high on it.

Aaron Rodgers

Jerick McKinnon

Justin Forsett

Jordy Nelson

TY Hilton

Michael Floyd

Jordan Reed

Patrick Murray

Jags D

I never spend the minimum on Kickers and Defenses. I usually like to try and pick a matchup I'm confident, but I read the article below before making this lineup. What do you guys think? Is it worth it paying up for a better defense/kicker with a good matchup? I've paid up for defenses the past 2 weeks ($5,000+) based on match ups and they've really paid. Had Detroit and Denver 2 weeks ago who got me 21 and 15, respectively and went with the Bills last week who got me a solid 10. I usually try to spend less than $5,000 on a kicker. Used Suisham last week who was pretty cheap because I thought the Steelers would have to kick a lot of FG's and he really paid off with 14 points. I think Kickers are much harder to predict than Defenses though.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/10/22/7027491/fanduel-save-money-where-theres-no-upside

guys I like this week:

QB: Smith, Romo, Cutler, Locker if playing

RB: Ellington, McKinnon, Lynch, Forte, Miller, Bell, DMC, Forsett, Tate

WR: Nelson, Bryant, James Jones, Andre Johnson, Edelman, Decker, Keenan Allen, Maclin, Wallace, Hunter (if Locker plays), Shorts
TE: Reed, Gronk, Bennett
K: Prater, McManus, Crosby, Santos, Sturgis
D: Chiefs, Dolphins, Bucs, Jets, Vikings

newbetterbucs07 said:
Yea, I really want to have a GB stack, but I'm having trouble finding a team I like. This is my favorite one I've put together so far, but I'm still not too high on it.Aaron Rodgers

Jerick McKinnon

Justin Forsett

Jordy Nelson

TY Hilton

Michael Floyd

Jordan Reed

Patrick Murray

Jags D

I never spend the minimum on Kickers and Defenses. I usually like to try and pick a matchup I'm confident, but I read the article below before making this lineup. What do you guys think? Is it worth it paying up for a better defense/kicker with a good matchup? I've paid up for defenses the past 2 weeks ($5,000+) based on match ups and they've really paid. Had Detroit and Denver 2 weeks ago who got me 21 and 15, respectively and went with the Bills last week who got me a solid 10. I usually try to spend less than $5,000 on a kicker. Used Suisham last week who was pretty cheap because I thought the Steelers would have to kick a lot of FG's and he really paid off with 14 points. I think Kickers are much harder to predict than Defenses though.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/10/22/7027491/fanduel-save-money-where-theres-no-upside
Paying up a bit for D, yes.

Kicker, rarely. I Ty pically find a 4600-4800 option and run with it.

Built this 5 minutes ago, just not 100% sold on Bridgewater but loving bonus potentials of every starter sans TE

Teddy B

Charles

Tate

Jordy

Demaryius

Michael Floyd

Ertz

Dez

Cowboys D

Is Tate @4,600 fool's gold with their O-line issues?

FD

QB Drew Brees
NO v GB
RB Jerick McKinnon
MIN @ TB
RB Mark Ingram
NO v GB
WR Randall Cobb
GB @ NO
WR Golden Tate
DET @ ATL
WR Jordy Nelson
GB @ NO
TE Heath Miller
PIT v IND
K Matt Prater
DET @ ATL
D Cleveland Browns
CLE v OAK

FD

QBDrew Brees
NO v GB
RBJerick McKinnon
MIN @ TB
RBMark Ingram
NO v GB
WRRandall Cobb
GB @ NO
WRGolden Tate
DET @ ATL
WRJordy Nelson
GB @ NO
TEHeath Miller
PIT v IND
KMatt Prater
DET @ ATL
DCleveland Browns
CLE v OAK
Looks like your hoping for a 45-45 tie in New Orleans this week ;)

What is everyone doing with the Thurs night game and early Sun game? Even though the Det/Atl game is Sun morning, Fanduel is treating it as basically a Thurs night game. I normally fade the Thurs game or play a couple players because a lot of people are heavy on the Thurs game. Throw in the fact that it is Den/SD and Atl/Det, I think I am going to avoid the Thurs games and wait unitl Sun noon. Just feels like it is going to be way to volatile.

Thoughts?

What is everyone doing with the Thurs night game and early Sun game? Even though the Det/Atl game is Sun morning, Fanduel is treating it as basically a Thurs night game. I normally fade the Thurs game or play a couple players because a lot of people are heavy on the Thurs game. Throw in the fact that it is Den/SD and Atl/Det, I think I am going to avoid the Thurs games and wait unitl Sun noon. Just feels like it is going to be way to volatile.

Thoughts?
Haven't played Thursday games before.. But this week is interesting..

With 49ers and Giants on a bye.. Plus Denver/SD/Atlanta & Detroit basically being on "byes" if you just play Sunday/Monday games there are a LOT of high profile players that will be missing from the normal action..

Then again, because of that.. it could be a good week to take chances on QB's like Teddy, Tannenhill, Palmer..

:oldunsure:

Thoughts?
While Im not completely avoiding the Thursday game this week, I am putting a much lower percentage of my play on the Thursday starts this week. The Thursday games I am playing I'm not fading.

In the past, Steeler had created a bookmarklet to total up all the players on your upcoming FanDuel entries. FD made some changes to their upcoming entries page and I don't think that bookmarklet works anymore.

I created a new one to work on the new site. It's working for me but I haven't put it through a ton of test cases so no guarantees. If you guys could try it out and let me know if it's working (or not) it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: It's not working, but I know why. I'll get a working version up shortly.

In the past, Steeler had created a bookmarklet to total up all the players on your upcoming FanDuel entries. FD made some changes to their upcoming entries page and I don't think that bookmarklet works anymore.

I created a new one to work on the new site. It's working for me but I haven't put it through a ton of test cases so no guarantees. If you guys could try it out and let me know if it's working (or not) it would be greatly appreciated.

http://o.ffense.com/fanduel/b1.php

Thanks!

I think it should work as long as you're on any FanDuel page, you don't necessarily need to be on the Upcoming Entries page. As long as you're on FD (and logged in), the bookmarklet should work.
Doesn't appear to be working for me. I have 4 entries this week. 1 Thur, 3 Sunday and none of them show up. The window slides into view when I click the bookmark - but it is blank.

Doesn't appear to be working for me. I have 4 entries this week. 1 Thur, 3 Sunday and none of them show up. The window slides into view when I click the bookmark - but it is blank.
:kicksrock: Alright, let me take a look. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: :lmao: I know why it's not working. I did something dumb. Give me a little bit and I'll fix it up.

Thanks!

I think it should work as long as you're on any FanDuel page, you don't necessarily need to be on the Upcoming Entries page. As long as you're on FD (and logged in), the bookmarklet should work.
:kicksrock: Alright, let me take a look. Thanks for letting me know.
FYI, I tried IE and Chrome with the same result. Chrome is running AdBlock - but it is disabled for the FanDuel site. IE is latest version with all updates.

OK let's try this again:

I misspoke earlier when I said it would work from any FanDuel page. You do need to be on the Upcoming Entries page when you click the bookmark in order for it to work (it might work on some other pages but that would just be a happy accident).

If you grabbed the earlier version of the bookmarklet from my site, you'll need to delete that one and then drag the new link into your bookmarks.

Ok so Im making excel programs for all daily fantasy sports. NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, CFB, CBB, PGA, and SOC. Im creating Lineup Optimizers and Lineup Randomizers. Are there any features that you would suggest I add?

Right now I can exclude certain games, teams, and players. I can lock players that I know I want and it will fill around that. I can put in my own predictions, a high and a low prediction and it calculates off of that. For the randomizer I have a slide bar that you can alter the variance of player picked (example instead of having all $6,666 you can increase the variance on the slide bar for it to pick expensive players with less expensive players.

Are there any other features you would suggest? I can pretty much do anything. Let me know

Thanks!

Draftkings pricing seems way too easy compared to last year. I'm not complaining but it's been much easier than I thought it would be to cash in tournaments the last couple of weeks. You can pick a profitable lineup without even thinking about it. Conversely, on Fanduel I continue to miss on 2-3 players per lineup, usually the kicker, that put me just on the bubble or just barely in the money and I'm spending 10x more time researching the lineups. I've had a few good wins with the Peyton/DT/JT stack but for the most part it's not been worth the time spent. I'm at the point where I'm just going to pay up for Gostkowski every time. This is the third year in a row he is the top kicker.

Users who are viewing this thread