What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting _______ over Jay Cutler this week. (1 Viewer)

Jerry Curl

Footballguy
Saw that Matt Ryan thread so I will follow suit with Cutler. I'm forced to start Cutler but interested to see how far he has fallen in some respects. I am comfortable starting him as his tools always can lead him to great production. New Englands D is hurting without Mayo and will be without Jones too but I'm sure people are scared off by Cutler against NE at home and after his bad week.

I've been thinking about this all week. I have him in right now over Tannehill but can easily be swayed. No penalties for picks and 6 point passing TD's has me leaning toward Cutler. Maybe the whole Marshall thing will stir em up...in a good way.

I'm struggling with this as well....I have foles in over cutler because he's coming off of a bye week but foles has been even more volatile than cutler this year.

Carson Palmer

Cutler has been good from a fantasy aspect but I'll admit he always makes me nervous. I think BB takes away Forte this week & Cutler NEEDS Forte to be productive. Anywho, my mindset isn't that I'm necessarily "avoiding" Cutler. I just feel more comfortable with Palmer this week. I'm not lucky enough to own Peyton, Rodgers or Luck, so I accept I'll face decisions like this.

He has been money all year minus last week. I'm starting him against a Patriots defense that is hurting with confidence and I see a shootout. If I'm wrong, so be it. It's not like I have better options on my team or on the wire.

Carson Palmer

Cutler has been good from a fantasy aspect but I'll admit he always makes me nervous. I think BB takes away Forte this week & Cutler NEEDS Forte to be productive. Anywho, my mindset isn't that I'm necessarily "avoiding" Cutler. I just feel more comfortable with Palmer this week. I'm not lucky enough to own Peyton, Rodgers or Luck, so I accept I'll face decisions like this.
I know we all like to think of BB as a genius who can single handendly shut down one skill position player but it won't work that way vs. CHI. If you attempt to shut down Forte one of Marshall, Jeffry, Bennett will make you pay. Forte in the short game is the least of BB's or any team's problem really. It's why Forte is always allowed to slowly bleed teams in the short game, everyone is too busy paying attention to the other threats but rightfully so.

Anyway, I don't own Cutler but with NE down C. Jones, I think that lack of pressure will make their secondary worse. I likely wouldn't sit him.

I dont get this. Hes had one bad fantasy game
I do not either and am starting him and feel good about it. While I am comfortable starting him, I am forced to since Tannehill or Palmer are on the wire and are my only options. I like to see who people would bench him for. Cutlers upside is way better then theirs regardless of the end result tomorrow. Both will get 3 now while Cutler gets one, watch. To make matters worse through 7 weeks I only have 7 TDs from my QBs (Bradys first four, Cousins flop game, Eli for 2 and Eli for 0 and then Cutler last week) I hope to see some excitement in the New England and Chicago game and believe a shootout is more than possible.

Considering A. Smith at home against STL.

STL secondary god awful and they can stop the run a little.

At mimimum, KC should control the game, have many scoring chances.

High floor, but not as high a ceiling as Cutler.

Understanding my matchups, I may lean towards the guy that will avoid throwing two its and fumble twice.

I'm not sure I understand all this. NE has given up at least 19 points to QB's the last 4 weeks. Cutler is the number 6 fantasy QB... Why all the start someone who is averaging less points than him? Especially with Jeffery and Marshall back healthy. Start who you want but Cutler will put up 20 at worst.

I'm not sure I understand all this. NE has given up at least 19 points to QB's the last 4 weeks. Cutler is the number 6 fantasy QB... Why all the start someone who is averaging less points than him? Especially with Jeffery and Marshall back healthy. Start who you want but Cutler will put up 20 at worst.
The Man With No Name said:
In this league, the last 4 weeks Washington has given an average of 20 points to quarterbacks and New England 12. For the season it's 17-9. Skins are terrible

Users who are viewing this thread