What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Top 10 lists (1 Viewer)

Bayhawks

Footballguy
Now that some of us are eliminated from the playoffs (thanks, Drew Brees); I was hoping to see some VERY early ideas for top-10 at each position next year. My main league's end of the year party is usually good for a trade or two (once the beer starts flowing, people want to make some last moves before the off-season). Here's my lists, off the top of my head. ETA-my list is for a standard-scoring, non-PPR league.

RB:

Charles-fewest questions, longest track record of excellence, IMO

Murray-back in Dallas? I think so; high touches this year is somewhat concerning

Bell-Youngest of the top-3; if he's given more opps at the GL, TDs could go up even more

Forte-What will happen in Chicago? Trestman staying/leaving will have an impact on Forte, IMO

McCoy-Tends to have big years, every other year, with regards to TDs. Maybe not fully healthy this season?

Lacy-Assuming GB gets him more touches; on pace to have less than 300 this year.

Foster-Age & health have him this low; when healthy, he's definitely a top RB

CJ Anderson-I think he will get the lion's share of the touches in Denver; assuming Peyton sticks around, that should make him a top-10 RB

ADP-Unsure where he will play, but I can't see a healthy ADP as outside the top-10

Lynch-Unsure about his back/status in Seattle; seems like he's on his way out there; if he were returning to the Seahawks, I'd probably have him a few spots higher

WR:

Brown

D Thomas (assuming Peyton is still around)

Hilton

Nelson

Julio Jones

Calvin Johnson

**This first six is almost interchangeable, IMO, although this is the order I'd rank them in, if I had to**

Gordon

Beckham

Dez Bryant

AJ Green

Evans

***There are AT LEAST a half dozen WRs I could see jumping into the top-10 next year; it looks to be fairly deep***

QB:

Luck

Rodgers

Wilson (if Lynch leaves, I think he'll get even more chances to throw; coupled with his running numbers, that will make him a top QB, IMO)

P Manning

Brees

Newton

Roethlisberger

Brady

Romo

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to dispute what you've got there at WR, but somehow I would include ESanders. I probably trust him and that offense more than Gordon or Evans for example.

Bell is number 1 man. Any format.
He's making s case. If Charles doesn't miss time this year though I don't think there is any doubt about him being 1 again. It's a close race between Charles, Murray and Bell. I think McCoy takes a hit due to this years poor performance, though he's turing that around recently.

QB:

Rodgers

Luck

Peyton

Brady

Brees

Wilson

Stafford

Roethlisberger

Ryan

Newton

Could see these guys in any order really. Think Manning/Brees really start their decline next season. Seen it already from Brees, but I can see it really happening next year. He'll still be a top 10 guy, but he won't be elite anymore. Rodgers seems to be the clear cut QB1 next year for me.

RB:

Bell

Charles

Murray

McCoy

Lacy

Forte

Foster

I honestly don't know how to rank anyone else. Ingram and Lynch could be top 10 depending where they land. Michael/Turbin could be if they are the RB1 in Seattle. Maybe Tre Mason? Peterson? Gio? RB looks like a disaster next year outside of the top 4 or 5 guys. Lots of question marks.

WR:

Brown

Thomas

Dez

AJG

Nelson

Julio

Calvin

Gordon

Jeffery

Evans

What a deep position next year. There's so many guys that could easily be considered top 10 WRs next year. People will be going WR early and often.

TE:

Gronk

Graham

Thomas

Olsen

Kelce

Bennett

Walker

Allen

Cameron

Reed

Outside of the the top 4, could really make a case for anyone else in 5-10 IMO. Very top heavy position still. Hard to know what will happen with the Gates/Green situation next season. Same with Witten/Escobar. Lots of questions towards the bottom of the TE1s.

I realize it's only one slot in your rankings, but I just don't see how Rodgers is not listed first at QB.

I realize it's only one slot in your rankings, but I just don't see how Rodgers is not listed first at QB.
Totally agree. I just don't see how someone could rank Luck ahead of Rodgers. I mean, there's zero chance that Luck would ever outscore Rodgers. Oh, wait, what? He's outscoring him this year? Blasphemy.

Great thread. People can quibble about the rankings but these preliminary lists express how deep WR is going into 2015 and how valuable RB1s will be, especially in auction formats. All the question marks in the RB list suggest playing matchups / using the waiver wire for the RB2 position will be a wise strategy again in 2015.

Hard to dispute what you've got there at WR, but somehow I would include ESanders. I probably trust him and that offense more than Gordon or Evans for example.
He's one of that 1/2 dozen that I said could easily jump into top-10.

But, the situation in Denver is somewhat concerning: too many mouths to feed (he didn't score much until J Thomas went down to injury), how long Manning will be around (will he retire if the Broncos win the SB?), etc.

Bell is number 1 man. Any format.
He's making s case. If Charles doesn't miss time this year though I don't think there is any doubt about him being 1 again. It's a close race between Charles, Murray and Bell. I think McCoy takes a hit due to this years poor performance, though he's turing that around recently.
Charles is putting up some great numbers, as well. He's averaging just 7/10 of a point less per game than Bell (factoring out his week 2 game when he was injured in the 1st quarter). Charles has a longer track record of success, and I like the chances of Reid continuing to utilize Charles more than I trust Haley. This doesn't mean that I think the Steelers will stop using Bell, but those little things have me place Bell slightly behind Charles.

Murray has only had 1 game under 10 FF points this year, and only 3 under 15. Bell has been huge lately, but Murray has been extremely consistent. Assuming he's back in Dallas, I still a have to put him ahead of Bell.

He's on pace for 512 attempts this year, Luck is on pace for 670. Rodgers has NEVER thrown more than 553 passes in a season, Luck has never thrown less than 572, and has increased his attempts each season. I have Rodgers and Luck pretty close, but the significant difference in pass attempts (ie-chances for yards/TDs) forces me to have Luck higher.

Great thread. People can quibble about the rankings but these preliminary lists express how deep WR is going into 2015 and how valuable RB1s will be, especially in auction formats. All the question marks in the RB list suggest playing matchups / using the waiver wire for the RB2 position will be a wise strategy again in 2015.
With the scarcity at the top of the RB position, and the depth at WR, wouldn't that make getting a true STUD RB that much more important? Someone else mentioned people going WR early next year; to me that would seem to be backward. There is a much greater chance of a stud WR being available in the 2nd or 3rd round than there is of a stud RB.

With the scarcity at the top of the RB position, and the depth at WR, wouldn't that make getting a true STUD RB that much more important? Someone else mentioned people going WR early next year; to me that would seem to be backward. There is a much greater chance of a stud WR being available in the 2nd or 3rd round than there is of a stud RB.
I think you have to go RB in the 1st just knowing that there is tremendous depth at WR. If you can land one of those top RBs, you could be set there.

Murray is a major avoid for me. If you take a look at my salary cap thread, re-signing him seems difficult at best. He's gonna wind up elsewhere, and it's a pretty safe bet he won't see that much work again.

nittanymeteo said:
:goodposting:

I think there are 20-25 WRs who could conceivable finish in the top 10. It's going to be ridiculously deep.

If you're drafting early, you almost HAVE to take a RB. The position gets really dicey after the first 8 or 9 guys.

Murray is a major avoid for me. If you take a look at my salary cap thread, re-signing him seems difficult at best. He's gonna wind up elsewhere, and it's a pretty safe bet he won't see that much work again.
This is true. Which is way I had him at 3. Even if he goes back to Dallas, he's had a ridiculous amount of carries, that doesn't always bode well for the following season.

SayWhat? said:
Spike said:
Totally agree. I just don't see how someone could rank Luck ahead of Rodgers. I mean, there's zero chance that Luck would ever outscore Rodgers. Oh, wait, what? He's outscoring him this year? Blasphemy.
I'll probably look at their playoff schedules to decide. Coin flip, IMO.

This is true. Which is way I had him at 3. Even if he goes back to Dallas, he's had a ridiculous amount of carries, that doesn't always bode well for the following season.
I think they are giving him all the work because they couldn't care less if he is beat up after the year. Dez is the priority, and if he gets franchised, they won't have room to sign DeMarco, who'll probably be getting money up front, with little on the back end, a deal Dallas will have a tough time matching.

I was hoping someone would get a topic like this started. If nothing else it'll be amusing to pull it up this time next year to see how much foresight (or lack thereof) some of us possessed.

(All ratings on Broncos players below assume that Peyton is back next season, which IMO is by no means assured.)

QB:
Rodgers - the level he is playing on right now is almost unparalleled in NFL history
Luck - I wasn't prepared to reach for him this year. I'll have no qualms about doing so next year
Wilson - if he's putting up top-6 numbers with Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse, the sky's the limit with a true WR1
Brees - in an absolute trainwreck of a season, he's still QB6 through 14 weeks
Brady - hesitant to put him this high, wouldn't draft him this high, but he's a safer top-5 bet than anyone below
Newton - high-risk/ high-reward play here ... feel like he could easily finish QB1 or QB15 next season
Manning - he'll go earlier than this based on name value, but he's not going to challenge his records again
Rivers - a good bet to put up his 7th top-10 fantasy season in 8 years
Ryan - all dependent on the next HC's philosophy if Smith gets the boot, but there's upside from here
Roethlisberger - looks like 2015 may be the first time I don't get to steal this guy in drafts

RB:
Bell - man, was I wrong on this guy last offseason; barring a 2015 suspension, he'll be the 1.01, and should be
McCoy - too much talent under too run-oriented a coach to expect back-to-back disappointments out of him
Lacy - good enough not to lose his job, which in that offense is all you need to be a fantasy stud
D. Murray - all depdendent on landing spot obviously; I don't see him staying in big D
Charles - still fun to watch, but this might be the year he starts to lose a step
McKinnon - my first "swing for the fences" pick ... but mark it down: this kid is the real deal
Anderson - clearly the most talented back on the roster, but that only equates to a 1st-rounder with Manning under center
Foster - still has talent, still has opportunity, but too much of an injury risk to put him higher than this
Lynch - he'll get his touches in Seattle or elsewhere, but I'm not sure he has another true Beast Mode season in him
Peterson - a complete wildcard based on landing spot, but I can't in good conscience leave him off any top-10 list

Bonus: L. Murray - long he expressed his belief in "talent over situation", and lo, Latavius was sent to test his faith

WR:
J. Jones - Roddy will be reduced to a Reggie Wayne role in '15, and this guy will be the beneficiary
Dez - he's WR8 on a team that's 29th in pass attempts. Think they'll still be 29th next year if Murray moves on?
Gordon - wouldn't draft him as such, the knucklehead factor is too high, but with a full 16 he'll be in the mix for WR1
D. Thomas - as with everyone else on this offense, it all depends on #18 coming back
Evans - now imagine if this guy had Brady or Brees throwing him the ball?
Brown - crazy to think this guy is WR1 so far on just a 13 YPC average; a top-10 lock
Megatron - he'll get a little overdrafted next year based on name alone, but are you willing to bet against him?
Nelson - remember the running joke 10-12 years ago about "the world's best golfer is black, and the world's best rapper is white"? Don't look now, but...
Green - feels like he should be higher than this, but can't figure out who to move behind him
Jeffery - the next coach, whoever he is, probably won't stick with a 65/35 pass/run ratio, which could put a dent in his value

Bonus: J. Matthews - if Maclin goes elsewhere for his payday, the #1 WR on the Birds will be top-10 almost by default

TE:
Gronk - because, duh
Graham - no one else clearly ahead of him, but IMO he's closer to the pack than to The Gronk
Kelce - swinging for the fences again, doubly so because I'm betting against Andy Reid's stubbornness, but hey
J. Thomas - a no-brainer top-5, and if anything, I think there's upside from here
Reed - clearly top 3 talent-wise, but the specter of Jahvid Best looms over this pick
Olsen - he'll be underrated, again, and I'll probably wind up drafting him a bunch, again
Allen - if the Colts TE were one guy, he'd be fantasy's TE1, well ahead of Gronk ... think Allen emerges here
Bennett - another case where a more run-oriented offense may weigh on his production
Ertz - if he can learn to be even a passable blocker, he's got a ton of upside in Chip's system
Rivera - don't look now ... but the Raiders are quietly assembling a good young core on offense

nittanymeteo said:

I think there are 20-25 WRs who could conceivable finish in the top 10. It's going to be ridiculously deep.

If you're drafting early, you almost HAVE to take a RB. The position gets really dicey after the first 8 or 9 guys.
These things change so much from year to year, that usually the guys chasing last year's trend are a step behind. With all the FAs and rookies at the position, running back will look completely different next year.

I was hoping someone would get a topic like this started. If nothing else it'll be amusing to pull it up this time next year to see how much foresight (or lack thereof) some of us possessed.

RB:
Bell - man, was I wrong on this guy last offseason; barring a 2015 suspension, he'll be the 1.01, and should be
McCoy - too much talent under too run-oriented a coach to expect back-to-back disappointments out of him
Lacy - good enough not to lose his job, which in that offense is all you need to be a fantasy stud
D. Murray - all depdendent on landing spot obviously; I don't see him staying in big D
Charles - still fun to watch, but this might be the year he starts to lose a step
McKinnon - my first "swing for the fences" pick ... but mark it down: this kid is the real deal
Anderson - clearly the most talented back on the roster, but that only equates to a 1st-rounder with Manning under center
Foster - still has talent, still has opportunity, but too much of an injury risk to put him higher than this
Lynch - he'll get his touches in Seattle or elsewhere, but I'm not sure he has another true Beast Mode season in him
Peterson - a complete wildcard based on landing spot, but I can't in good conscience leave him off any top-10 list

Bonus: L. Murray - long he expressed his belief in "talent over situation", and lo, Latavius was sent to test his faith
Forte needs to be on there. Especially in PPR.

RB:

Forte needs to be on there. Especially in PPR.
I figured someone would comment on his absence. Just my opinion - but it really looks like he's a step slower to the line this year, he turns 29 tomorrow, and I'm leery of Bears in general at this point with the likelihood that Trestman gets axed, Cutler gets traded, or both.

In PPR he'll still rate a 1st-round pick, but if I were drafting tomorrow [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]it's one I'd let someone else make[/SIZE]. I'd rather jump off the wagon a year too early than a year too late.

I figured someone would comment on his absence. Just my opinion - but it really looks like he's a step slower to the line this year, he turns 29 tomorrow, and I'm leery of Bears in general at this point with the likelihood that Trestman gets axed, Cutler gets traded, or both.

In PPR he'll still rate a 1st-round pick, but if I were drafting tomorrow [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]it's one I'd let someone else make[/SIZE]. I'd rather jump off the wagon a year too early than a year too late.
Seems like there's many more variables with CJ Anderson than Forte.

These top 10 WR lists that don't have Beckham Jr on them are ludicrous.
Look, I like Spider-Man as much as anyone, but he won't even be the top fantasy scorer next year from his own draft class IMO.

FWIW, I'm going on the record as stating that in at least one 2015 redraft I plan to draft literally nothing but 2nd-year guys at WR ... just because I can.

Look, I like Spider-Man as much as anyone, but he won't even be the top fantasy scorer next year from his own draft class IMO.

FWIW, I'm going on the record as stating that in at least one 2015 redraft I plan to draft literally nothing but 2nd-year guys at WR ... just because I can.
He played his first NFL game week 5. Didn't start, just started getting involved in the offense. Nevertheless, from week 5 on, he is the #5 WR in all of fantasy. Even better since his week 8 bye as well.

He's as dynamic as they come. Don't see how he wouldn't be in virtually every top 10 list. That doesn't mean you can't like Mike Evans too, because he's been fantastic too.

No mention of Forsett? He wants to stay in BAL. Where does he get drafted next year if he stays?
seems almost certain the ravens draft a rb fairly high or bring some fa in. and forsett will fall absurdly far in the draft and be a very nice gamble. yes, i will snap him up in the 8th round.

Newton seems awfully high on a lot of these lists. If he's going to finish around QB5 then Benjamin will finish in the top ten.

QB -

Rodgers

Luck

P Manning

Brady

Brees

Romo

Roethlisberger

Wilson

Tannehill

Foles

RB -

L Bell

D Murray

Forte

Charles

Lacy

McCoy

CJ Anderson

Mason

Jennings

Peterson

WR -

Julio Jones

Nelson

Antonio Brown

Dez Bryant

Hilton

AJ Green

Benjamin

Jeffery

Beckham

Calvin Jones/Calvin Johnson...220/221 whatever it takes

TE -

Gronkowski

Graham

Thomas

Olsen

Allen

Donnell

Walker

Kelce

Cook

Rivera

I think Calvin Jones is still on my ww. Is he like the guy from Detroit and the guy from Atlanta's love child? JK

I'm fairly certain Eiffert will b a lock for top 10 TEs next year.

What about Gordon or Gurley if they land in a primo situation like Miami or NE?

ETA - ADP in Dallas would be THE most exciting thing in football next year for me!

Kitrick Taylor said:
Mr. Irrelevant said:
Mr Anonymous said:

He played his first NFL game week 5. Didn't start, just started getting involved in the offense. Nevertheless, from week 5 on, he is the #5 WR in all of fantasy. Even better since his week 8 bye as well.

He's as dynamic as they come. Don't see how he wouldn't be in virtually every top 10 list. That doesn't mean you can't like Mike Evans too, because he's been fantastic too.
Victor Cruz will be back next year - he should take some targets away. At WR I don't think you can say leaving any WR out of the top 10 is "ludicrous" (especially ones that have limited track records). It's such a deep position.

I think Calvin Jones is still on my ww. Is he like the guy from Detroit and the guy from Atlanta's love child? JK

I'm fairly certain Eiffert will b a lock for top 10 TEs next year.

What about Gordon or Gurley if they land in a primo situation like Miami or NE?

ETA - ADP in Dallas would be THE most exciting thing in football next year for me!
Good posting. Gurley probably not so much in a redraft but who knows people recover faster from ACL's these days so it's possible he's ready to go by the opener. But in any event if the Colts, Patriots or Seahawks (if Lynch goes) drafts one of these guys then yes I think you do have to put them in your top 10.

Kitrick Taylor said:
Mr. Irrelevant said:
Mr Anonymous said:

Victor Cruz will be back next year - he should take some targets away. At WR I don't think you can say leaving any WR out of the top 10 is "ludicrous" (especially ones that have limited track records). It's such a deep position.
I'm not so sure. MCL's are much tougher to come back from than ACL's . I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz started the season on the pup. Even if he doesn't I don't think he'll be anywhere the receiver (next year anyway) that he was pre injury.

nittanymeteo said:

These things change so much from year to year, that usually the guys chasing last year's trend are a step behind. With all the FAs and rookies at the position, running back will look completely different next year.
Hey I didn't know taking a stud RB early is such a current fad.

If you had an early 1st round pick, what direction would you go?

nittanymeteo said:

Hey I didn't know taking a stud RB early is such a current fad.

If you had an early 1st round pick, what direction would you go?
I know you and I are on the same wavelength with respect to the significant value of a stud RB, but just to advance the discussion, I would select J Charles or LV Bell without hesitation. If neither are available, I start nit-picking between McCoy, D Murray, M Forte, and AP (team-dependent).

re cloppbeast's remark: I agree the RB landscape changes annually due to factors previously listed (player movement) and factors not mentioned (for example, offensive coordinator changes, offensive line coach changes). However, elite RBs are quite limited (look at all the committees out there) so they are significantly more valuable than players at other positions (due to scarcity) and they are worthy of an early 1st-round pick. I have a hard time coming up with an argument for taking any other position with an early 1st.

Scoured my waiver wire since this is the last pass for next year. We're allowed to keep three players not drafted in the first 3 rounds. I scooped up Hyde and am taking a flier on Justin Blackmon... remember him? He stays clean and he could be a monster next year, either with JAX or elsewhere.

No Crowell on any lists? I think he's a sneaky pick in the early 2nd round.
Agreed. There are always several guys who drop out of the top 10 due to age or shift in coaching philosophy and these are usually replaced by guys with talent and/or situation. Crowell has both and Clevelands OL will continue to dominate with Alex Mack healthy next year.

Agreed. There are always several guys who drop out of the top 10 due to age or shift in coaching philosophy and these are usually replaced by guys with talent and/or situation. Crowell has both and Clevelands OL will continue to dominate with Alex Mack healthy next year.
Right now we don't know what Crowell's situation will be next year.

Maybe West becomes the lead back, and Crowell is the backup.

Maybe Crowell becomes the lead back, but West hangs around & takes 5-10 touches/game (keeping Crowell under 20 touches/game; a threshold he has NEVER reached thus far in the NFL)

Maybe Manziel can't get the job done, and Cleveland's entire offense suffers as a result.

Maybe Cleveland drafts/trades for a RB in the offseason to be their lead back.

Maybe Crowell becomes the main RB, and gets 20+ touches/game.

To place Crowell in the top 10, you have to assume the last scenario will happen. Maybe that will be exactly what happens, but making projections this early, it's very reasonable to not include him in the top-10 for next year. As more things unfold over the off-season, obviously he could move into the top-10, but he could also drop down the list, as well.

Right now we don't know what Crowell's situation will be next year.

Maybe West becomes the lead back, and Crowell is the backup.

Maybe Crowell becomes the lead back, but West hangs around & takes 5-10 touches/game (keeping Crowell under 20 touches/game; a threshold he has NEVER reached thus far in the NFL)

Maybe Manziel can't get the job done, and Cleveland's entire offense suffers as a result.

Maybe Cleveland drafts/trades for a RB in the offseason to be their lead back.

Maybe Crowell becomes the main RB, and gets 20+ touches/game.

To place Crowell in the top 10, you have to assume the last scenario will happen. Maybe that will be exactly what happens, but making projections this early, it's very reasonable to not include him in the top-10 for next year. As more things unfold over the off-season, obviously he could move into the top-10, but he could also drop down the list, as well.
Ya I don't think he's a lock for top 10 by any means. I just think he deserves to be in the conversation, and could be one of those guys that gets drafted as RB10-15 that has top 5 potential.

That's too high, plus nothing is really sneaky in the early second round.
Agree, I meant to say early 3rd or late 2nd but was distracted. I do think he goes kinda where Martin went this year, with an ADP around 3.01 but I think he'll be the only player with top 5 potential around there and I'd take him middle 2nd (now all of this is 100 percent dependant on the offseason, as there's too many factors in play right now in that offense). Just think that he should be in the top 10 conversation.

I'm not so sure. MCL's are much tougher to come back from than ACL's . I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz started the season on the pup. Even if he doesn't I don't think he'll be anywhere the receiver (next year anyway) that he was pre injury.
I'm assuming you're just mixing up MCL with a torn/ruptured patellar tendon, which is the injury Cruz actually had?

Users who are viewing this thread