What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shady owners...What are you doing with him this week? (1 Viewer)

Pipes

Footballguy
Yes Shady's been a disappointment this year but has had some solid games and looked like his old self a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I was able to advance in the playoffs but I'm really torn on what to do with Shady this week. Last week he had TD's vulture and also had a season low on snap counts. Now I'm hearing Polk is getting some more looks in practice. Washington's run defense is solid too. My concern with benching him is he has the ability to put up a monster game. What are you owners doing with him? I have a decent, not great option on the bench but I don't want to turn this into a "who do I start thread" just rather have a discussion on Shady's outlook for this weekend.

Stupidity caused me to bench Lacy last week and cost me a playoff win. I am not going to make the same mistake twice. McCoy stays in for me, even though I am out of the running.

Shady has been and is a Shady start without a whole lot of confidence, yet very capable of posting a great game. I admit I am looking at the Tre Mason's or Jeremy Hill's of the world over Shady. Just can't quite muster up the guts and sit him. All in on Shady for this year. Next year perhaps a late round second pick if he's there.

Foster

McCoy

Not a bad RB #1 and #2 on paper.

I just picked up asiata and will probably start him an Joique Bell over McCoy in my PPR league. McCoy doesnt catch passes, doesnt get short yardage Td's and does not even get long TD's. Washington has a top run defense...kind of seems like a no brainer to start Asiata as he gets short yardage TDs and catches a good number of passes.

I just picked up asiata and will probably start him an Joique Bell over McCoy in my PPR league. McCoy doesnt catch passes, doesnt get short yardage Td's and does not even get long TD's. Washington has a top run defense...kind of seems like a no brainer to start Asiata as he gets short yardage TDs and catches a good number of passes.
:goodposting:

I haven't sat him all year but am thinking of doing so for the SB. For Latavius, Herron and Ingram in my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have Shady, Hill, Asiaia and Gehart in a ppr championship game. Can use 2 or 3. I really hate the idea of sitting him. Somehow he is still 13th at RB for the year. I'm probably masking Asiata the number one. I like Hill,too but it's not a great matchup. Could I really consider Gerhart over McCoy? That kind of move usually doesn't end well.

Says the guy who started Manziel last week....

I dont think I would start Gerhart over McCoy. It might work out but would not do it. I hate starting guys on lousy teams....like JAX!!

I've been wavering about what to do this week. Given my options (I can use Shady as flex since we are required to start only 1 RB), I still think he'll have to start for me. I am resigned to the 5 pts he'll get me in PPR, if I'm lucky (based on his first matchup w/ the 'Skins this year, an dhow stout they have been against the run).

I have banged the drum for him all season but after watching that game Sunday night, the puke taste is still in my mouth.

I can't stomach the thought of watching my championship go up in smoke when this plays out exactly like I know it will: I'll need the points and every time I look up I'll see Shady's fastest runs of the evening being those to get off the field so Sproles and Polk can get in there.

So for me it's simple: He sits and if I win without him, I'll feel smart and if he somehow would have won for me and I lose because of this bitter taste in my mouth over him, it will be even easier for me to jettison him in the off-season.

YOu try not to overthink things. You try to adapt as things change. You try to recognize the studs from the duds. But after seeing a full season of this, I know in dynasty I can't stay with him because you need your STUDS to be STUDS. You need to know that because his name is "X", he's going to rock it out.

I'm tired of looking at opponents and just knowing that because their name is Antonio Brown or DeMaryius Thomas or Le'veon Bell that the thing is friggin' automatic given they play...and then looking at my team and saying "please for the love of all creatures great and small, don't screw me, Shady....Again..."

I think Bill Parcels had a line that says "If I can't trust you all the time, how can I trust you when I need you." That's my mantra now. I'll take a lesser, consistent talent over a homerun ball because even its small steps, if I am always going forward, I'm not going backwards.

Have Shady, Hill, Asiaia and Gehart in a ppr championship game. Can use 2 or 3. I really hate the idea of sitting him. Somehow he is still 13th at RB for the year. I'm probably masking Asiata the number one. I like Hill,too but it's not a great matchup. Could I really consider Gerhart over McCoy? That kind of move usually doesn't end well.

Says the guy who started Manziel last week....
I'm currently benching McCoy for Hill. The recent news that McCoy acknowledging and acquiescing to Polk getting the goal line carries sealed the deal for me. I don't like Hill's match-up though. I also have Randle and Asiata is on the WW.

I have Mason ready to go in Shady's place so the cupboard isn't bare. I've stuck with Shady all year because of his name. The writing's been on the wall for a while but I'm blind to it with the Shady of 2013. I appreciate everyone's input on this.

Man, I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue!!!

McCoy's rushing yards will probably < than Polk's vultured TDs.

I have Gio (Nope).

I have Herron (Sigmund recommends McCoy over Herron in Sunday Morning Questions).

I have J. Randle (It sounds like Murray is going to go for it).

I have Polk (I'm thinking about it)!!!

:kicksrock:

I am starting McCoy at Flex over the likes of Herron, LMurray, MiFloyd, and Short .. used him all year ..granted LBell and Charles have carried me to this point but no real choice.

I am benching him (in a .5 PPR league where we only HAVE to start 1 RB, but 2 FLEX). I need upside this week, and I just am not seeing any w/ Shady; I need to roll the dice.

12 teams. ppr.

unsure. if he does manage to crack my week 16 lineup it will be as a flex.

right now the dynamic duo of jonathan stewart and andre williams are penciled in ahead of him.

shady is battling with steve smith senior & marques colston for the last spot.

no idea really, the fact that i already start dirty sanchez makes me even less enthusiastic about giving the nod to shady.

-biz-

I think I'll have to play him depending on A. Foster. Then again, Foster against a great run defense and a 4th string QB that hasn't been on the team all year...well...Shady's looking a little better. Too bad I'll have to pair him with Mark "Sean Payton won't play me at the goal line" Ingram.

Pretty sure I'll be playing him over bailey and heath miller at flex.

The last two weeks have been bad but they play Washington, he can score from mid field.

Last week I blew two shots at title games by benching Wilson and Ryan (panicked after news of Julio sitting out) for Manziel. I'm not pulling another move like that in the title game I have left. I left Gerhart on the bench. 13 points in ppr. Hope shady exceeds that...

I don't have Shady in any league, but they are still playing the Skins this week right? To me he's still a must start, if I owned him I would be starting him.

I don't understand the insinuation that the 'Skins are a good match-up. Through week 15, this is what they give up per week to opposing RBs:

Rushes Yards TD Recep Yards TD

21.6 79.9 0.4 3.9 27.8 0.1

The 'Skins are the 2nd toughest matchup for RBs in my league's .5 PPR scoring. Shady doesn't get to catch the ball, and he doesn't get GL. I'll be starting either Travis Kelce or, if unexpected news of Murray being out comes before Noon kickoff, I'll go w/ Randle @ FLEX in a .5 PPR league. Kelce probably has a better chance at a TD than Shady, sad as it sounds.

Man, I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue!!!

McCoy's rushing yards will probably < than Polk's vultured TDs.

I have Gio (Nope).

I have Herron (Sigmund recommends McCoy over Herron in Sunday Morning Questions).

I have J. Randle (It sounds like Murray is going to go for it).

I have Polk (I'm thinking about it)!!!

:kicksrock:
Sigmund is my leader,but I really think I am putting in Herron over Shady. Seems like a better matchup, maybe even a better chance at goalline with what is emerging with Polk, better chance for catches as Phi has inexplicably not thrown it to Shady this year.

I realize I am just talking my book but have this feeling Herron has a true coming out of sorts, esp with TY and Wayne possibly limited as passing game options.

Having said that, its very hard to get over the threat of a "you benched your #1 overall pick and lost the SB because of it" scenario. I'm still torn.

I think I'll have to play him depending on A. Foster. Then again, Foster against a great run defense and a 4th string QB that hasn't been on the team all year...well...Shady's looking a little better. Too bad I'll have to pair him with Mark "Sean Payton won't play me at the goal line" Ingram.
Same boat but going with Foster just because at least I know the Texans will use Foster, volume-wise and they NEED to use Foster.

Shady might have a great game, for sure but the Skins are good against the run, held Shady in check last time (long time ago, though), etc.

I guess for me it just comes down to I think I can live with it better if that happens rather than starting Shady and watching him miss all the critical opportunities to Sproles and Polk while the Texans will likely make Foster the defacto QB for this game.

I don't understand the insinuation that the 'Skins are a good match-up. Through week 15, this is what they give up per week to opposing RBs:

Rushes Yards TD Recep Yards TD

21.6 79.9 0.4 3.9 27.8 0.1

The 'Skins are the 2nd toughest matchup for RBs in my league's .5 PPR scoring. Shady doesn't get to catch the ball, and he doesn't get GL. I'll be starting either Travis Kelce or, if unexpected news of Murray being out comes before Noon kickoff, I'll go w/ Randle @ FLEX in a .5 PPR league. Kelce probably has a better chance at a TD than Shady, sad as it sounds.
This...the Skins have a tough run defense. Ranked 7th in the NFL I believe.

Kind of weird hearing Polk practicing with the first team...McCoy and Sproles just kind of shrugged it off. Hmmm...

In a TD heavy league has Polk become more valuable? Footballguys see Shady as a #2 RB with High Floor and Polk nothing more than a RB5.

What the #### is going on around here!

Something to consider: McCoy WILL get the GL carries if it's in the "flow of the game". The Eagles offense is all about flow. IMO they are not going to be deliberate about getting Polk in for the 1 yard plunge, unless there's a PI penalty in the endzone or some other reason to stop the clock and switch out personnel.

For example, last week Shady was in for a 1 yard TD when they were trying to get a quick snap in. Time stopped, they switched in Polk.

Knowing the Eagles, I still think McCoy is still in for half the goal line work. WASH rush D is a whole nother issue.

Benching him for the first time all year, for Miller and Tre. Feels kind of good to do so actually.

As an awful aside my championship opponent is a GB whose 16 yr old daughter was diagnosed w/ an awful form of cancer this week. Talk about perspective. Sure I want to win but don't really give a crap if I lose...

I'm still starting Shady in the Championship Game.

I know all about Polk and the GL deal, but I'd think Shady will still produce FF RB2 numbers. I came to the realization that I wasn't going to get elite numbers from Shady a month ago, so I'm okay with it.

The Redskins defense that he'll face isn't the one that he faced in Week 3. DT Jason Hatcher won't play, LB Keenan Robinson probably won't play and the same would go for Brandon Meriweather. If Shady can get 100 total yards, I'm good with that. A TD would be a bonus.

Benching him for the first time all year, for Miller and Tre. Feels kind of good to do so actually.

As an awful aside my championship opponent is a GB whose 16 yr old daughter was diagnosed w/ an awful form of cancer this week. Talk about perspective. Sure I want to win but don't really give a crap if I lose...
Good luck to your GB Nigel. That is just terrible news.

I'm still starting Shady in the Championship Game.

I know all about Polk and the GL deal, but I'd think Shady will still produce FF RB2 numbers. I came to the realization that I wasn't going to get elite numbers from Shady a month ago, so I'm okay with it.

The Redskins defense that he'll face isn't the one that he faced in Week 3. DT Jason Hatcher won't play, LB Keenan Robinson probably won't play and the same would go for Brandon Meriweather. If Shady can get 100 total yards, I'm good with that. A TD would be a bonus.
Thanks for this information, dcgangstas. Makes me feel more confident to start Shady this week. I learned a major lesson last week benching Lacy for Starks in the midst of Lacy's injury conundrum. If I rode Shady all year long, why would I want to second guess myself this time around? I have Matt A. on the bench but I not leaning on that possibility...

Good luck to your GB Nigel. That is just terrible news.
Sorry to hear this, Nigel. I will be thinking about this family at this time of year...

Thoughts and prayers to your league member's family, Nigel.

Makes playing FF so less important.

Last week, against a highly-susceptible Dallas run defense, Eagles' running backs scored 24 fantasy points. Unfortunately, Shady had only six of those, as backup Chris Polk vultured two touchdowns on the day. This may be just gameflow, but I think it's always a fair assumption that one of the most heavily-worked backs in the league in the last few years might have his team find ways for him to not get beat up. After all, Polk took first-team reps in practice on Wednesday.

Shady is not an elite running back option in this offense each and every week, but he is a fine RB2 on most days.

This Sunday might not be one of them, however. Washington has held opposing running backs to the third-least fantasy points in 2014, and even in our NEP metrics, they come in at fifth in Adjusted Defensive Rushing NEP. That likely diminished efficiency is not a promising notion for a player who already is losing some touches.
https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/lists/3997/6-players-who-are-tough-to-trust-in-week-16/lesean-mccoy-rb-philadelphia-eagles-4

LeSean McCoy's fantasy season has been a frustrating roller coaster and Chip Kelly no longer trusts him in scoring position. McCoy was vultured on three separate TDs by Chris Polk and Darren Sproles in last Sunday night's loss to Dallas. Shady did get a goal-line chance late in the contest, but couldn't punch it in. McCoy confirmed this week Polk has replaced him as the Eagles’ primary red-zone runner. In a tough matchup with minimal passing-game usage and diminished probability of hitting pay dirt, McCoy is a dicey RB2. The Redskins rank No. 9 in Football Outsiders' run-defense DVOA and hold opposing running backs to 3.69 yards per carry. They stuffed McCoy for 22 scoreless yards on 19 runs in Week 3.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/50983/179/silvas-week-16-matchups

Somehow I limped in the championship game. I'm going against a guy who was 12-1, and coasted into the championship. He's stacked, and I've got Hopkins, Lafell, Jeffery, Jordan Mathews, Ingram, Shady, Steven Jackson............I've also got Arian, who helped me limp to where I am.

I'm thinking about going Foster, Ingram, Lafell, Mathews, Jeffery..............I wish I had "clear cut" options for the championship game, but such is life.

Shady didn't do anything against a pretty decent skins D last time. And with the vultured TD's.............the only upside is if he breaks one.......dude used to be a slam dunk.

LeSean McCoy's role in the Eagles' red-zone offense has declined in the last eight games.
McCoy opened the season as the primary back in the red zone. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane, he was on the field for 77 percent of the red-zone plays through the first six games of the season and saw 74 percent of the running back touches. Those numbers have decreased to 65 percent and 64 percent respectively, and should continue to fall as Chris Polk continues to convert goal-line chances. With Polk vulturing touchdowns and Darren Sproles vulturing pass-game work, McCoy is more of an RB2 Week 16 against a stingy Washington rush defense.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5168/lesean-mccoy

Only viable option I have is Boldin in ppr. I'm gonna stick with Shady. I'm a giant underdog so a team without hope is a team without fear!

I forgot to tell you guys that i'm up against him in both my championships, so ofcourse hes going to have a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread