What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Sunday AM Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

I have a big problem with Cutler. I have Bortles and someone dropped Rivers I put a claim in for Rivers, but won't know until Saturday morning.

WW options are slim.

Dalton

Flacco

Orton

Bridgewater

Newton

:shrug:

Hi Sig!

I'm trying to stick to the 'What can I live with?' rule but I hate what I'm hearing about Shady this morning. So I ask:

1. LeSean or Pierre?

2. Torrey or Jarvis?

3. If 1 is LeSean, flex Pierre or Kelce?

4. Jacksonville or Tennessee D/ST? (This one is not a joke, I assure you)

5. Sanchize or RG3?

Thanks Sig!

Last edited by a moderator:
In a Superflex league where you get 1/2 point per touch for RB/WR/TE and 1/2 point per Completion for QBs (which makes QB and RB absurdly more important than WR/TE), I had Cutler as my Superflex. Now I need to decide between Teddy Bridgewater or playing Matt Forte in the Superflex. (I also have Jamaal Charles, CJ Anderson, and Demarco Murray or Joseph Randle going). I could also pick up some reallllly attractive options like Jimmy Clausen, Shaun Hill, Case Keenum, Charle Whitehurst, Geno Smith or Ryan Lindley!

Then, in my WR2 spot, I have a choice between Josh Gordn, Kelvin Benjamin, or picking up LaFell, Charles X Johnson, or Landry -- or if Julio is out, Harry Douglas -- or Moncrief!

Sorry for the long question.

Sigmund, i'm a DeMarco owner and also have lost a couple other pieces in the last 2 weeks forcing me into some tough calls this week, especially with the Saturday games. Because I'm sure we're not going to have clarity on DeMarco until 2 PM EST or so, I have to get creative.

It's a PPR league and I have to figure out my WR3, RB2 and flex spot. Options I have for these positions are Harry Douglas, Anquan Boldin, Stedman Bailey, DeMarco, Randle, Boom Herron. Here are the two scenarios I'm debating, which option would you go with:

Option 1: Wait until Sunday morning to see if Julio is inactive. Plug in Harry Douglas as WR3 if Julio is out. In the afternoon, use DeMarco or Randle as RB2 and Boom Herron or Stedman Bailey in the flex (leaning Herron). This means I pass on using Boldin on Saturday, and if Julio is active, would have to go Harry Douglas (with Julio active) or Stedman at WR3.

Option 2: Play Boldin on Saturday night. As for Sunday, play one of DeMarco/Randle at RB2, and then if Julio sits out play Douglas in the flex over Herron and Stedman Bailey.

I guess the question boils down to this: Would you rather leave yourself the option of playing Harry Douglas at WR3 and 2 RBs (DAL RB and Herron) at the cost of having to possibly play Stedman Bailey? Or would you go Boldin, and then leave yourself only 2 spots for the DAL RB, Herron and Douglas (if Julio is out).

Thanks for everything this year Bloom, and best of luck in your championship matchups this week.

Start/Sit RB (PPR)

Would really appreciate your take, Need 2 from - T.Mason/Vereen/L.Miller/L.Murray/Crowell.

Also if you have the time - Olsen or T.Kelce? (PPR)

Apprieciate any help you can give, Sig.

In a PPR (TE PPR=1.5) who would you start out of the 4 if you new all players were active by the early game sunday?

Need 1RB, 1TE, 1Flex

Demarco Murray (Have Randle Handcuff)

Tre Mason

Julius Thomas

Travis Kelce

Thanks

Thx for all your help during the season. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have drafted Demarco in my dynasty league. Okay, here is my predicament.

I'm in a no-par and have to choose from the following:

1) Jeffrey or Stills. With Clausen starting, I'm leaning Stills, but should I stick with Jeffrey?

2) For my flex, do I stick with FJax or go with Herron?

3) I have Barth as a my K, but was wondering if I should pick up Shane Graham, who is at home against Atl.

Thx again and Happy Holidays!

PPR... have McCoy penciled in with Ingram, but starting to have doubts about Shady's Championship outlook. Can start 4 wr with 1 rb. So options are.

Shady, Percy, Steve Smith, Herron.

Bench Shady? Or leave it be...

Sig,

I've been in crap QB purgatory throughout these playoffs but have survived all the way to the championship game...my only two options are Rivers or Cam. I have fired all my bullets and spent my last roster move picking up Cam the day before the accident. Rivers' situation has gotten worse each week and now he gets the 49ers on the road...I'm not sure which QB to go with this week, although it probably won't matter much as they will more than likely have similar stat lines...

Since Rivers plays on Saturday I feel like I have to start him unless it looks for sure that Cam will go. If you were in this predicament who would you roll with at QB?

It's a PPR league, Starters are listed in bold:

My team:

QB: Rivers, Cam

RB: Forte, Foster, Blue, AP (sigh...)

WR: Roddy, Gordon, Lafell, Michael Floyd

TE: Gronk

K: Gostkowski

DEF: Arizona

What I'm up against...

QB: Peyton

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Vareen, Randle, Sproles

WR: Jeffery, Shorts, Crabtree, Kendall Wright

TE: Heath Miller

K: Parkay

Def: Pats

Thanks and good luck on your Championships!!

1. need to pick 3 in a full point PPR

Fred Jackson @ OAK

J. Bell @ Chicago

J. Hill vs DEN

Tre mason vs NYG

Demarco Murray/Joseph randle vs INDY

Josh Gordon @ CAR

Charles Johnson @MIA

Currently have f-jax, bell, and hill in. Not sure how you feel at the moment about Murray but I really like the other 3 guys matchups/opps. Actually would rather throw mason in than Murray. Is that as crazy as it sounds?

2. I currently have Sanchez over Manziel and cam. Would you swap him out for Newton?? I like the matchup for Sanchez on Saturday.

3. Sorry to be so greedy but if TY sits, would you roll out josh Gordon or Charles Johnson in his place?

Ahhhhhhh

Thanks for your help sig, don't think I'd be in the ship without you.

"Neurosis is the inability to tolerate ambiguity"

My man! I am projected to win 141-130, so I'm really trying to avoid any duds. 1QB, 3WR, 3RB, 1TE PPR

WR3 - Gordon or Stills?

RB2 - J Hill, McCoy or Randle?

QB - Sanchez or R. Wilson?

I've reviewed your rankings and the matchup commentary, but your insight is very much appreciated.

I'm in the finals for my PPR league!

Pick one WR and two flexes: Jeremy Hill, Roddy White, Harry Douglas, Mike Wallace, Joseph Randle (can you answer both assuming Murray is active and inactive?)

For context:
My lineup:
QB: Sanchez
RB: Le'Veon Bell
RB: Fjax
WR: Sanders
WR: Beckham
WR: ???
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: ???
Flex: ???
K: Parkey
D/ST: Jags (12.0)

His lineup:
QB: Brees
RB: Forte
RB: Ingram
WR: Jeffery
WR: Decker
WR: Marqise Lee (10.5)
TE: Delanie Walker (9.4)
Flex: CJ Anderson
Flex: Olsen
K: Vinatieri
D/ST: Chicago (I stole all the streaming D's last week and he had Cinci/TB who play Den/GB)

Thanks for all the help this year!

Edit to include points from Thursday's game.

League 1 (0.5 PPR)
2 RB, 1 Flex, 1 TE

Joique Bell v CHI
Mark Ingram v ATL
Jeremy Hill v DEN

Josh Gordon v CAR

Mychal Rivera v BUF
Kyle Rudolph v MIA

League 2 (0.5 PPR)
1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR , 1 Flex

Tony Romo v IND
Ben Roethlisberger v KC

Mark Ingram v ATL
Joique Bell v CHI
Latavius Murray v BUF

Kelvin Benjamin v CLE
Mike Wallace v MIN

Hi Bloom,

Thx for the help...made it to one final:) two questions:

1) H Douglas or Charles Johnson?

2) 3 out of these 4: McCoy, Murray, Asiata, J Stew

thx again!!

Hi Sig, this is my first time making it this far in a ppr league and it definitely requires a little bit different strategy. I made it this far due to my loaded WRs. But now I have all kinds of concerns.

Need either 2 RBs and 4 WRs or 3 RBs and 3 WRs

RBs

McCoy: big disappointment this year. Polk getting goal line and more reps?

Asiata: seems like a great start with his volume

Hill: do not like the matchup and Gio would be pass catcher especially if they fall behind

WRs

Cobb: no-brainer

Hilton: as of Friday looking as if he won't play.

Jeffery: Clausen!? God help me...

Hopkins: 4th string QB?

Watkins: hardly used anymore.

Boldin: Kaepernick sucks.

Seems like a lot of unfortunate circumstances affecting my WRs and add to that McCoy Saturday, I have some tough decisions.

TIA!

Thank you Mr. Bloom

stick with demarco murray if he starts? got randle ready if he sits but im nervous. only other rb I could use is herron.

1 ppr

pick 2 WR from

DJax vs phili

Charles Johnson @ mia

moncrief @ dal

got djax and Johnson in now but if I hear Hilton is out I will sub in moncrief for Johnson. agree?

pick 2 RB

L. murray vs buff

crowell @ car

herron @ dal

ivory vs ne

vereen @ nyj

got murray and herron in now. agree?

Need some help this week (Standard Scoring, Championship Game)

QB: Rivers, Kaep, or Orton?

Flex: Alshon, Stills, J. Stewart, or D. Adams

Would be hesitant to start Stewart as I already have Benjamin and Olsen in my starting lineup and I don't think I am willing to put my fantasy season in the hands of the Panthers!

Thanks!

Hey!

In the finals with the projections close.

Do I start Gerhart or Torrey Smith in my flex, non PPR.

Thanks!

If Julio and Hilton both sit, which would you start - Douglas or Moncrief in nonPPR? Thanks Sigmund!

Lucky enough to make the championship in 3 out of 4 leagues. Underdog in both of these match ups:

League 1 - PPR

WR 2 – Charles Johnson or H. Douglas (if Julio is out)

RB 2 – G. Bernard or T. Gerhart

Flex – D. Herron, L. Murray, S. Bailey or one of the above sits

League 2 – Non PPR

WR 2 – Michael Floyd, S. Bailey, A. Hurns or H. Douglas (if Julio is out)

Flex – G. Bernard, I. Crowell, L. Blount or one of the above WR

TE – H. Miller or K. Rudolph

Thanks for doing this Bloom, it is much appreciated and helped get me to where I am!

Well, I went with Gerhart, which probably wasn't a bad move. He did give me more points than my No. 2 RB had in either of the other playoff weeks. So I'll change my question to this. My PPR league has a two-week final that goes into W17. Ridiculous, I know. Any RB you think I can grab with the hope of hitting the lottery in W17, taking into consideration the wacky things that can happen with teams resting their starter or other teams with nothing to play for wanting to take a look at what they have in a younger backup? I could pick up at least two guys this week just to hold into next week and see if there's any news that makes them playable. Options I'm considering include TRich @ Ten, Oliver @ KC, Hillman vs Oak, Blue vs Jax, Knile vs SD, Hyde vs Ari, Randle @ Was, Ben Tate vs Chi, Todman @ Hou, Ka'Deem Carey @ Min.

Thanks Bloom!

Non-PPR Dynasty.

Pick two: JCharles, AFoster, CJAnderson

Pick one: MEvans, MSanders, AJeffery

Need some help, Championship game, thank you very much.

PPR, need 1 for my flex: Tre Mason, Latavuis Murray, Julius Thomas or Gio Bernard. I'm already starting Hill as my RB1 (14 team league, we only have to start 1 RB).

My current starting line up:

QB Teddy Bridgewater
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
RB Jeremy Hill
TE Antonio Gates
Flex Harry Douglas
Flex Tre Mason
K Cody Parkey
If Julio starts, I might sit Harry Douglas as well for Latavuis

QB question: I had Cutler, but now starting Teddy Bridgewater. I picked up Clausen just in case and the team I'm playing is starting three Bears: Jeffery, Forte and Wilson. I considered starting Clausen since three of his players are tied to him, but I also think that I'm thinking too much about it and the Clausen plan would back fire on me. Thoughts? We give 6 points for passing TDs, -2 for ints, 1 point for every 25 yards passing, 3 point bonus at 300 yards passing

Hi Sig

TD heavy league must pick 2 of the following at least 1 must be a RB

(Additional info Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Travis Kelce are always in the lineup)

Reggie Bush at Bears

Ronnie Hillman at Bengals

Steven Jackson at Saints

Vincent Jackson vs Packers

Kenny Stills vs Falcons

Shane Vereen at Jets

Hi Sig - big week as if you didn't know. 3 questions:

Which DEF?

Lions @ Bears (suddenly even juicier due to the Cutler news)

Eagles @ Redskins (love them due to the mess that Griffin is)

Need to pick 2 from the following, non-ppr:

TY Hilton @ Cowboys (if he plays obviously)

Harry Douglas @ Saints (assuming Julio doesn't play as looks to be the case)

Joseph Randle v Colts (assuming Murray is out or limited and it's known ahead of time)

Josh Gordon @ Panthers (he's an option but not a strong one)

2 choices at TE, neither good but need 1 of them

Owen Daniels v Texans

Heath Miller v Chiefs

Thanks so much, Merry Christmas and good luck to you in your bowl(s) also!

If newton plays - him or Tannehill?

If r Jennings plays, do you put him in over Preston parker?

Thanks Sig!

Here is how I am leaning:

Rothlisberger over Ryan

Ingam/Hill over Morris/Fjax

MBryant over Wallace/Mathews

TD Heavy Not PPR.

Unless you think strongly otherwise...

Hey Sig, thanks for this:

Need one of these in a PPR, bonus points for long TDs and my opponent has Andrew Luck (Yep, same as last week but a different league.):

Mike Wallace

DeAndre Hopkins

Donte Moncrief

Could be important for me depending on now the Demarco Murray thing plays out, although I'm either starting him or Randle no matter what.

Thanks again!

Start 1 rb 1 flex .. Standard

Mason

Crowell

Boom Herron

Gordon

Harry Douglas (if Julio is out)

Stl vs nyg

Bal vs Hou

Thank you!

I have a big problem with Cutler. I have Bortles and someone dropped Rivers I put a claim in for Rivers, but won't know until Saturday morning.

WW options are slim.

Dalton

Flacco

Orton

Bridgewater

Newton

:shrug:
newton (if active>bridgewater>Flacco>orton>dalton - bench bortles if you're sure you can get one

Hi Sig!

I'm trying to stick to the 'What can I live with?' rule but I hate what I'm hearing about Shady this morning. So I ask:

1. LeSean or Pierre?

2. Torrey or Jarvis?

3. If 1 is LeSean, flex Pierre or Kelce?

4. Jacksonville or Tennessee D/ST? (This one is not a joke, I assure you)

5. Sanchize or RG3?

Thanks Sig!
mccoy

landry

pierre, wont talk you out of kelce

KJAX

sach

In a Superflex league where you get 1/2 point per touch for RB/WR/TE and 1/2 point per Completion for QBs (which makes QB and RB absurdly more important than WR/TE), I had Cutler as my Superflex. Now I need to decide between Teddy Bridgewater or playing Matt Forte in the Superflex. (I also have Jamaal Charles, CJ Anderson, and Demarco Murray or Joseph Randle going). I could also pick up some reallllly attractive options like Jimmy Clausen, Shaun Hill, Case Keenum, Charle Whitehurst, Geno Smith or Ryan Lindley!

Then, in my WR2 spot, I have a choice between Josh Gordn, Kelvin Benjamin, or picking up LaFell, Charles X Johnson, or Landry -- or if Julio is out, Harry Douglas -- or Moncrief!

Sorry for the long question.
someone needs to fix that scoring and go full PPR for WR and 1.5 PPR for TE - teddy KB

Sigmund, i'm a DeMarco owner and also have lost a couple other pieces in the last 2 weeks forcing me into some tough calls this week, especially with the Saturday games. Because I'm sure we're not going to have clarity on DeMarco until 2 PM EST or so, I have to get creative.

It's a PPR league and I have to figure out my WR3, RB2 and flex spot. Options I have for these positions are Harry Douglas, Anquan Boldin, Stedman Bailey, DeMarco, Randle, Boom Herron. Here are the two scenarios I'm debating, which option would you go with:

Option 1: Wait until Sunday morning to see if Julio is inactive. Plug in Harry Douglas as WR3 if Julio is out. In the afternoon, use DeMarco or Randle as RB2 and Boom Herron or Stedman Bailey in the flex (leaning Herron). This means I pass on using Boldin on Saturday, and if Julio is active, would have to go Harry Douglas (with Julio active) or Stedman at WR3.

Option 2: Play Boldin on Saturday night. As for Sunday, play one of DeMarco/Randle at RB2, and then if Julio sits out play Douglas in the flex over Herron and Stedman Bailey.

I guess the question boils down to this: Would you rather leave yourself the option of playing Harry Douglas at WR3 and 2 RBs (DAL RB and Herron) at the cost of having to possibly play Stedman Bailey? Or would you go Boldin, and then leave yourself only 2 spots for the DAL RB, Herron and Douglas (if Julio is out).

Thanks for everything this year Bloom, and best of luck in your championship matchups this week.
boldin

Thx for all your help during the season. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have drafted Demarco in my dynasty league. Okay, here is my predicament.

I'm in a no-par and have to choose from the following:

1) Jeffrey or Stills. With Clausen starting, I'm leaning Stills, but should I stick with Jeffrey?

2) For my flex, do I stick with FJax or go with Herron?

3) I have Barth as a my K, but was wondering if I should pick up Shane Graham, who is at home against Atl.

Thx again and Happy Holidays!
stills

fjax

barth

Sig,

I've been in crap QB purgatory throughout these playoffs but have survived all the way to the championship game...my only two options are Rivers or Cam. I have fired all my bullets and spent my last roster move picking up Cam the day before the accident. Rivers' situation has gotten worse each week and now he gets the 49ers on the road...I'm not sure which QB to go with this week, although it probably won't matter much as they will more than likely have similar stat lines...

Since Rivers plays on Saturday I feel like I have to start him unless it looks for sure that Cam will go. If you were in this predicament who would you roll with at QB?

It's a PPR league, Starters are listed in bold:

My team:

QB: Rivers, Cam

RB: Forte, Foster, Blue, AP (sigh...)

WR: Roddy, Gordon, Lafell, Michael Floyd

TE: Gronk

K: Gostkowski

DEF: Arizona

What I'm up against...

QB: Peyton

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Vareen, Randle, Sproles

WR: Jeffery, Shorts, Crabtree, Kendall Wright

TE: Heath Miller

K: Parkay

Thanks and good luck on your Championships!!
yep can't risk cam inactive unless he's listed as probable and we get clear assurances he'll play and start

PPR, need two RBs:

Demarco

Latavius (possible handcuff if Demarco is inactive; can't count on starting him??)

Crowell

Gerhart

Brandon Oliver

James Starks

need one QB:

Rivers

Tannehill

Orton

RG3

Users who are viewing this thread