What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Concerts Thread (1 Viewer)

Ursa M

Footballguy
I found it useful in the past to have a thread dedicated to concerts, tours and such, so I thought I'd start one for 2014.

Went to see Jake Bugg at First Avenue, Minneapolis last night.

Now have tix for the Black Angels with Roky Erickson for February, Hawkwind in Chicago in March and two days later Flogging Molly back in Minny.

What you got?

Widespread Panic at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville This March. Completely acoustic show.

Currently ticketed for...

Gin Blossoms

Sting/Paul Simon

NO Jazz Fest

Rob Thomas

OneRepublic/The Script

Chicago/REO Speedwagon

Considering going only if the price is right at game time...

Lady Antebellum

Luke Bryan

Jason Timberlake

Keith Urban

Jason Aldean

Journey/Steve Miller

Fall Out Boy/Paramore

Expecting to see later this year (assuming these artists tour)...

Bruce Springsteen

Foo Fighters

Garth Brooks

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hoping NiN announce a concert here in town. The new album is awesome!

Saw Florida Georgia Line/Jason Aldean in Baltimore on Saturday and bought tickets to see Bill Joel at Nats Park in July.

Saw Sevendust Saturday night - about 25 drinks in, decided to get in the pit for the first time in a long time.

Now I remember why I no longer do this. My shoulder and calf muscles are so sore that even after 4 Advil, if feels like someone is jamming ice picks into them every time I walk or turn my head. In addition, my ribs and back are so covered with bruises that to touch anywhere on my torso is agonizing.

THAT'S IT. No more pits, no more moshing, no more crowd surfing. I am officially retired to the sidelines/balcony for life.

So Far:

I saw Tedeschi-Trucks headline a nice festival in Boca in January

Coming up:

Funky Meters - tomorrow

Dirty Dozen/Pimps of Joytime - at the end of the month

The subdudes - Original lineup REUNION!!!!!! - at Hermans Hideaway March 21

New Orleans Jazz Fest - weekends 1 and 2 - plus a bunch of night shows probably

Janes Addiction doing Nothing Shocking - May 10 at Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas

Tedeschi-Trucks/Gary Clark at Red Rocks - July 25th

Depending on Schedule - maybe Galactic on March 8th here in Denver

My 14 year old daughter has never been to a concert. She wants me to take her to the Warped tour when it comes to Denver here. I don't know if this old man can handle that or not....

Courtjester said:
My 14 year old daughter has never been to a concert. She wants me to take her to the Warped tour when it comes to Denver here. I don't know if this old man can handle that or not....
Just smoke a lot of weed, you'll fit right in.

Saw Sevendust Saturday night - about 25 drinks in, decided to get in the pit for the first time in a long time.

Now I remember why I no longer do this. My shoulder and calf muscles are so sore that even after 4 Advil, if feels like someone is jamming ice picks into them every time I walk or turn my head. In addition, my ribs and back are so covered with bruises that to touch anywhere on my torso is agonizing.

THAT'S IT. No more pits, no more moshing, no more crowd surfing. I am officially retired to the sidelines/balcony for life.
They are playing an acoustic show here in April. Wonder how brutal the pits will be that night.

So Far:

I saw Tedeschi-Trucks headline a nice festival in Boca in January

Coming up:

Funky Meters - tomorrow

Dirty Dozen/Pimps of Joytime - at the end of the month

The subdudes - Original lineup REUNION!!!!!! - at Hermans Hideaway March 21

New Orleans Jazz Fest - weekends 1 and 2 - plus a bunch of night shows probably

Janes Addiction doing Nothing Shocking - May 10 at Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas

Tedeschi-Trucks/Gary Clark at Red Rocks - July 25th

Depending on Schedule - maybe Galactic on March 8th here in Denver
Love this line up, especially Tedeschi-Trucks and Funky Meters

Saw The Eagles open up the new Forum

Also ticketed for:

Kenny Wayne Shephard Saturday night at the Canyon Club

Bruno Mars June 1 Hollywood Bowl

I'll go to a bunch more, including some festivals. Wife a big fan of JT, so probably will go to one of his shows in LA. TigerJam this year in Vegas is OneRepublic - I usually go the Jam every year but I don't follow the band so don't know (not like last year when it was a party with Kid Rock). I may go see Billy Joel at the Hollywood Bowl. Honestly not that many acts that I'm jonesing to see. Like country too but pretty much seen every big act the past 3 years so it would be retreads.

#1 act that I want to see that I haven't is Alabama Shakes. Was on vacation when they came to So Cal.

They are playing an acoustic show here in April. Wonder how brutal the pits will be that night.
:lmao:

No pits there. I saw them acoustic back in 2002, it was a good show. Particularly since I had just moved and hadn't started my new job yet, so I showed up at the venue downtown several hours before the show and happened to arrive right at load in. Got to hang out and chat with the band for about 30 minutes and then sit there and watch them soundcheck and rehearse all the songs. I was literally the only person in the entire room besides the band and their sound techs. Pretty awesome experience.

Quilt (W/Doug Tuttle, Creaturos)

The Men

Real Estate

Okkervil River

The War On Drugs

HAIM (W/Tennis)

Have any of you guys seen "The Hendrix Experience"? It's strictly a guitar show with a bunch of people in it. Lots of blues guitarists I guess. I'm going to see that on March 15 in Ames, IA.

Robert Randolph destroyed Solana Beach tonight. Voodoo child cover was ridiculous. If he's in your area - MUsT SEE

I've said the same thing so many times. Booze and metal just won't allow it, and it's gonna hurt more next time. :topcat:

The wife and I are hitting the Firefly Festival again this year. The lineup has quite a few bands I want to see highlighted by Arctic Monkeys, Broken Belles, Jake Bugg, Beck and Portugal. the Man.

Flying to Dallas with Mrs. Karpis tomorrow to see Amos Lee at the Majestic Theatre on Saturday night.

Front row, center. Excited to see him again.

No clothing optional B&Bs in Dallas, though. :kicksrock:

Flying to Dallas with Mrs. Karpis tomorrow to see Amos Lee at the Majestic Theatre on Saturday night.

I have a spare bedroom. And half a box of frosted mini-wheats in the pantry.

I expect that will be fantastic. He's soooo good live.

Tickets acquired:

Bonnaroo

St. Vincent :wub:

Possibles:

MS MR

Cut/Copy

The Hold Steady

The War on Drugs

Hollerado

Twenty One Pilots

Of Montreal

Morrissey

Polica (this is pretty much a definite)

Robert Randolph destroyed Solana Beach tonight. Voodoo child cover was ridiculous. If he's in your area - MUsT SEE
He is playing in Plymouth, NH and I was debating going....looks like I am now. :hifive:

Brett Dennen tonight.

Avett Brothers next weekend.

Mike Gordon- Phish- March 29th

Guided. By. #######. Voices.

Going to try to get into the sold-out Malkmus show tonight

Drive-by Truckers x3

Strunz and Farah

Kermit Ruffins
Dr. Dog

Have to decide between Kermit Ruffins and the NSO doing Beethoven's 1 & 2 tomorrow night.

Guided. By. #######. Voices.

Going to try to get into the sold-out Malkmus show tonight

Drive-by Truckers x3

Strunz and Farah

Kermit Ruffins

Dr. Dog

Have to decide between Kermit Ruffins and the NSO doing Beethoven's 1 & 2 tomorrow night.
Can't go wrong with Kermit!

Saw in 2014

Lady Antebellum/Kip Moore/Kacey Musgraves (Jan/Philly) - Lady A was decent, but would not put them anywhere near the "have to see them every tour tier"...just get the thought that the show does not change much tour-by-tour, but this was our first time seeing them - Kip Moore we had seen a few times previously and like how his sound has gotten heavier - Kacey Musgraves is another artist we had seen before (as recently as fall 2013 at the Bowery Ballroom), this was the Thursday after the Grammy win, so she was flying high and had a pretty good set, although her stuff gets swallowed up in a big arena set.

Gin Blossoms (Feb/Sayerville) - cool hearing some old mid 90's solid rock songs again - even better when the tickets were only $10

Kings of Leon/Gary Clark Jr. (Feb/Philly) - if this arena show has not hit your town and you are itching for a rock show, well worth it - the new KoL material stands well live against the older stuff and they are sounding really good now - also glad I FINALLY caught a Gary Clark Jr show (missed him both of the past two years at NO Jazz Fest) - reminds me of when I saw SRV back in the late 80's

Currently ticketed for...

Sting/Paul Simon

Arcade Fire

Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue

NO Jazz Fest

Rob Thomas

John Legend

Peter Frampton/The Doobie Brothers

OneRepublic/The Script

Bruno Mars

James Taylor

Lionel Richie/Cee Lo Green

Chicago/REO Speedwagon

Motley Crue/Alice Cooper

Considering going (some only if the price is right at game time)...

Luke Bryan - Young The Giant - Keith Urban - Styx/Foreigner - Dierks Bentley - The Hold Steady - Jason Aldean - Journey/Steve Miller - Brad Paisley

O.A.R. - The Mavericks - The Fray - Miranda Lambert - Amos Lee - BB King - Fall Out Boy/Paramore

Expecting to see later this year (assuming these artists tour)...

Bruce Springsteen

Eric Church

Foo Fighters

Garth Brooks

I would love to get over to the Beacon theatre but not sure that I can pull it off. I have a bunch of Arcade Fire shows (whole east coast swing?) of course. Philly and Bridgeport Ct. start it off in a Couple of weeks. St. Vincent is intriguing....

Users who are viewing this thread