What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why Did God Choose To Be Born a Jew? (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
Simple question:

Out of all of the choices God had at the time, why did God choose to be born a Jew? The Roman Empire covered most of Europe, North Africa and the Near East, yet it was a relatively small tribe based in Palestine that he chose to be born into.

Why?

Simple question:

Out of all of the choices God had at the time, why did God choose to be born a Jew? The Roman Empire covered most of Europe, North Africa and the Near East, yet it was a relatively small tribe based in Palestine that he chose to be born into.

Why?
Islam, the religion of peace, was not invented yet, obviously.

I don't know but it must have seemed like a good idea at the time.
Wouldn't being Roman have made more sense?

Why go through all of this dying and showing up on the road to Damascus to appear in front of a Jew who had been killing Christians just so that guy ends up going to Rome to convert people? Very convoluted way of doing things if you ask me.

He chose to be a Jew because in case that whole Messiah thing didn't work out he was hoping to make it in Hollywood.

I thought the son of god was a jew ...God himself appears to be non denominational.
Regardless of your stance on the whole 'Trinity' thing, God chose to send his 'son' to Earth to be born as a Jew.
And the answer for that has yet to be seen.....Maybe the Jews will be running the joint at some point.

ETA: I really don't believe that Jesus was the son of god.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know but it must have seemed like a good idea at the time.
Wouldn't being Roman have made more sense?

Why go through all of this dying and showing up on the road to Damascus to appear in front of a Jew who had been killing Christians just so that guy ends up going to Rome to convert people? Very convoluted way of doing things if you ask me.
you sound like a heretic or a witch to me. We're gonna have to drown you to make sure.

He wasn't a Jew. He was Jewish.
Thank you for the correction.

Similar to saying a person is "a black" as opposed to someone "who is black"

The difference is subtle, but there is a difference in tone.
I could be be wrong but I think CCC2 was emphasizing the -ish. kind of. "The rich girl is snobbish"
"The police target young men who are blackish."
Sinbad is in trouble

He wasn't a Jew. He was Jewish.
Thank you for the correction.Similar to saying a person is "a black" as opposed to someone "who is black"

The difference is subtle, but there is a difference in tone.
I could be be wrong but I think CCC2 was emphasizing the -ish. kind of. "The rich girl is snobbish"
:doh: oh...
Yeah, they're right. It's okay, Ned. Ya can't get 'em all.

What else would he have been?
A Chinese?
He wasn't the God of Chinese people though. He was the Jewish God so of course he would make his son Jewish so he could tell the the Jews the cool new rules.
It would have been very easy for him to fulfill the prophecy if that's what he wanted to do. Seems like a cruel joke the Jewish people the way he did it.
Freedom of choice?

Myth?

He regretted his decision to create foreskin on Adam
Right here is the reason to believe in evolution.....What God in his right mind would have had us walking around with that silly looking wanger.
It may be silly looking, but I'm sure your ancestors appreciated not having their #### hanging about while they were running through the brush naked hunting for dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread