What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD: Advanced Warfare (1 Viewer)

bshell27

Footballguy
Not sure how a thread hasn't been started, but the yearly hype train has left the station. The trailer has been shown. Game plays are all over YouTube. It's the best game yet, completely different from its predecessors. Sledgehammer has had three years to perfect. Exosuit is a gamechanger Blah blah blah.

From what I have seen, I am excited and will eventually pick this up, but not at launch. Most likely end up a Christmas noob on xbox.

Thoughts?

The little I have seen (and I have only watched 2 clips) make me not interested at this point. The game play in the first video I saw showed 2 quick scopes...f**k that. I haven't put ghost into my ps3 in 3 months or downloaded the new maps even though I have the season ticket. Won't be buying this anytime near launch...fool me once.

The little I have seen (and I have only watched 2 clips) make me not interested at this point. The game play in the first video I saw showed 2 quick scopes...f**k that. I haven't put ghost into my ps3 in 3 months or downloaded the new maps even though I have the season ticket. Won't be buying this anytime near launch...fool me once.
Once?

Once?
Can I like a post more than once?

Ghosts wasn't terrible IMO. I haven't bought maps since being duped by MW3. I like that there is something new to give us a learning curve. It is going to take some skill to be good again.

I DL'd Ghosts and played like 3 matches during a demo weekend. That's it.

I don't miss CoD the game at all. I do miss the fun times playing CoD with buddies.

Destiny looks 100 times better.

COD has been declining for a while, but Ghosts is so bad it pretty much killed the franchise. There are more people playing Black Ops 2 than Ghosts at this point (on PS3 anyway).

Once?
Can I like a post more than once?

Ghosts wasn't terrible IMO. I haven't bought maps since being duped by MW3. I like that there is something new to give us a learning curve. It is going to take some skill to be good again.
Ghosts wasn't terrible if you like the sitting in a corner or sniping type game play...other than that it sucks.

Been playing BO2 and MW3 quite a bit lately. Didn't care for MW3 all that much (not really sure why, nothing I could really put my finger on), but some of the group I play with have been playing it a lot lately. BO2 is still the best in the series IMO, lag issues and all.

Once?
Can I like a post more than once?Ghosts wasn't terrible IMO. I haven't bought maps since being duped by MW3. I like that there is something new to give us a learning curve. It is going to take some skill to be good again.
Ghosts wasn't terrible if you like the sitting in a corner or sniping type game play...other than that it sucks.

Been playing BO2 and MW3 quite a bit lately. Didn't care for MW3 all that much (not really sure why, nothing I could really put my finger on), but some of the group I play with have been playing it a lot lately. BO2 is still the best in the series IMO, lag issues and all.
I've been hearing blops2 was the best. All I remember was how bad snipers were in that game.

Once?
Can I like a post more than once?Ghosts wasn't terrible IMO. I haven't bought maps since being duped by MW3. I like that there is something new to give us a learning curve. It is going to take some skill to be good again.

I've been hearing blops2 was the best. All I remember was how bad snipers were in that game.
Not nearly as bad as Ghosts, and maybe that is why it doesn't bother me as much since I have seen how bad it can really be now. BO2 I can usually get around snipers to the outside of a map unless the whole group is doing it.

BO2 had more quick scoping, MW3 had the super shotguns, MW2 had the noobtube spammers, etc. There is always something I can complain about :shrug: but BO2 just seems the most balanced to me.

I'm with the vast majority I'm afraid. Have played the entire franchise and after Ghosts I am done.

IMO they just keeping making the same game and instead of it getting better, it just keeps getting worse.

I'm with the vast majority I'm afraid. Have played the entire franchise and after Ghosts I am done.

IMO they just keeping making the same game and instead of it getting better, it just keeps getting worse.
I don't honestly think the games are worse. If ghosts came out when COD 4 came out, it would have been heralded as the best game ever.

It's just that the whole thing is kinda overdone and also that the player base has changed. In the older games, it was simple and fun but now it's guys running around like they're on crack and jumping and spinning all over the place.

I don't honestly think the games are worse. If ghosts came out when COD 4 came out, it would have been heralded as the best game ever.

It's just that the whole thing is kinda overdone and also that the player base has changed. In the older games, it was simple and fun but now it's guys running around like they're on crack and jumping and spinning all over the place.
Completely disagree. Maps in Ghosts were bad....real bad. Health was way too low. The entire AR line was garbage. The game rewards the stationary player.

No matter when Ghosts came out it would have been bad. And you can ask any of the guys on here I've played with over the years, I'm a cod optimist

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree to an extent. This new game is honestly the biggest change to the franchise. It won't be as much of a head glitch campfest. At least at first.

The worst part about call of duty are the people that play the game. Nothing you can do when some kid/guy hiding behind a wall is hardscoped and ready to fire. This game looks like they give you more of a chance to combat that. It looks like health is increased a little and with the boost maneuver you can do something about it.

People are already complaining there is no dead silence. I'm all for it. I'm not sure that is confirmed since they didn't unlock everything at the reveal but headsets shouldn't be the reason someone dominates.

Agree to an extent. This new game is honestly the biggest change to the franchise. It won't be as much of a head glitch campfest. At least at first.

The worst part about call of duty are the people that play the game. Nothing you can do when some kid/guy hiding behind a wall is hardscoped and ready to fire. This game looks like they give you more of a chance to combat that. It looks like health is increased a little and with the boost maneuver you can do something about it.

People are already complaining there is no dead silence. I'm all for it. I'm not sure that is confirmed since they didn't unlock everything at the reveal but headsets shouldn't be the reason someone dominates.
I didn't watch the trailer, what makes you think head glitching has been nerfed? It's been a staple for several generations along with quick scoping.

Zombies? If so I am in.
Gawd. They destroyed zombies too. The 1st iteration or 2 was fun and then they absolutely wrecked that game mode too.
Who is they? I loved zombies in BLOPS 2
Really? Because I feel like zombies has totally catered to the single player that runs around in circles to create "trains". There's not really good ways to work together as a team like there used to be.

I also feel like they've become impossible for the average person to solve without checking the internet. The stuff you have to do is so obscure and ridiculous that it is impossible for a normal person to figure out through the normal course of play.

I didn't watch the trailer, what makes you think head glitching has been nerfed? It's been a staple for several generations along with quick scoping.
Now you have the ability to pull off all kinds of moves where you can counter it. Think of the head glitch in Black Ops 1 on Jungle where you could post up on the bridge and mow the enemy down coming out of spawn. Now imagine a guy can boost up from below the bridge and take you out from the side.

Less specifically, if a guy is posted up next to a building, behind a dumpster. Jump over the building, get behind him and take him out.

This is a different game with these new abilities. It is not Call of Duty. I'm sure there is more BS to come with Snipers, the only gun they revealed was a bolt action one shot gun, but from what I've seen it was BO1 style sniper not BO2.

Can someone define head glitching for me?

Playing Ghosts for a brief period of time was the primary reason I let my Xbox Live account lapse. I would have some free time in the evening to log on a play a little bit, so I would play Ghosts, get my butt handed to me, get frustrated with the maps, and log off pissed off. I had to let it lapse to save my sanity.

The washed out look of Ghosts drove me nuts. It made it feel like the color setting on my TV were messed up. I hated it.

It drives me nuts you have to spend three figures on a nice set of ear phones to play this game competitively. I was never an awesome player, but I could be a positive K/D ratio guy in BLOP2 and not be a drain on my team. I had no chance in Ghosts.

All that said, I am an idiot. I will be getting a PS4 or XB1 this fall and I'm sure I'll get this shortly after it comes out. :bag:

Can someone define head glitching for me?

Playing Ghosts for a brief period of time was the primary reason I let my Xbox Live account lapse. I would have some free time in the evening to log on a play a little bit, so I would play Ghosts, get my butt handed to me, get frustrated with the maps, and log off pissed off. I had to let it lapse to save my sanity.

The washed out look of Ghosts drove me nuts. It made it feel like the color setting on my TV were messed up. I hated it.

It drives me nuts you have to spend three figures on a nice set of ear phones to play this game competitively. I was never an awesome player, but I could be a positive K/D ratio guy in BLOP2 and not be a drain on my team. I had no chance in Ghosts.

All that said, I am an idiot. I will be getting a PS4 or XB1 this fall and I'm sure I'll get this shortly after it comes out. :bag:
Head Glitch is where you are behind a piece of cover (Barrel, dumpster, whatever garbage they spread across the map) shooting and the enemy can only shoot at your head. It's part of the game and IMO should only be frowned upon if you stay in the same spot the entire game.

Zombies? If so I am in.
Gawd. They destroyed zombies too. The 1st iteration or 2 was fun and then they absolutely wrecked that game mode too.
Who is they? I loved zombies in BLOPS 2
Really? Because I feel like zombies has totally catered to the single player that runs around in circles to create "trains". There's not really good ways to work together as a team like there used to be.

I also feel like they've become impossible for the average person to solve without checking the internet. The stuff you have to do is so obscure and ridiculous that it is impossible for a normal person to figure out through the normal course of play.
:goodposting: times a ####### million. It got #######ed ######ed.

Seriously? We need to bring back :g: where the he'll is Ren? Badger? Smoke? Spanky? Prime?

This is right up your effing alley prime and you don't reply at all???

:coffee:

Not far off and zero chatter. Biggest change to the franchise with the inclusion of exo abilities. panic punching is in this game. quick scoping turned down (we've heard this before). inclusion of zombies (at least partially)

:coffee:

Not far off and zero chatter. Biggest change to the franchise with the inclusion of exo abilities. panic punching is in this game. quick scoping turned down (we've heard this before). inclusion of zombies (at least partially)
These would both be really nice.

Seriously? We need to bring back :g: where the he'll is Ren? Badger? Smoke? Spanky? Prime?

This is right up your effing alley prime and you don't reply at all???
I'm here. What have I missed? Haven't seen anything about this game except Kevin Spacey.

It seems to me that the lack of hype is due to Halo: MCC coming out. That's atleast why I have shown a lack of interest, it's going to be hard to juggle these two games.

It seems to me that the lack of hype is due to Halo: MCC coming out. That's atleast why I have shown a lack of interest, it's going to be hard to juggle these two games.
Could also be that blops2 mw3 killed the game. Ghosts was a step in the right direction IMO.

I'll likely get this, but I doubt I will have enough free time to play both Halo and COD: AW - one of those two will likely have to give. I'll probably just end up playing what everyone else is playing.

Could also be that blops2 mw3 killed the game. Ghosts was a step in the right direction IMO.
Ghosts could have been good but they killed it with the ridiculously low TTK. So, likely every other COD, it devolved to the lowest denominator, which in this case was guys crouching or leaning around windows and doors, aiming down their sites with their AR's.

I'll likely get this, but I doubt I will have enough free time to play both Halo and COD: AW - one of those two will likely have to give. I'll probably just end up playing what everyone else is playing.
Gonna be bummed if you don't roll with me on Halo. :sadbanana:

Are you getting COD?
I don't know. I guess it depends on how many of you plan on getting it for the X1.
I planned on it...

Are you getting COD?
I don't know. I guess it depends on how many of you plan on getting it for the X1.
I planned on it...
Well that's not much incentive for me to get it. :scared:

Are you getting COD?
I planned on it...
Ha

Are you getting COD?
I planned on it...
Ha
You gonna be on there day one?

Are you getting COD?
I planned on it...
Planning on it but not sure on x1 or ps4. Let me know how many are online with each

Are you getting COD?
I planned on it...
Ha
You gonna be on there day one?
Most likely Day 1 or shortly thereafter.

Are you getting COD?
I planned on it...
Planning on it but not sure on x1 or ps4. Let me know how many are online with each
Well Manback and I will be on X1 obviously, but I don't know how much I'll play after the first week. Do we have many PS4 gamers in here?

Users who are viewing this thread