What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boley and Rivers (1 Viewer)

wilhouse

Footballguy
There has been much talk about Giants being involved with a trade with the Bangels. Im not sure of what the Giants would be giving up but they would be acquiring Keith Rivers.

There has also been talks that Boley would be moved to middle linebacker. Thus putting rivers on the weak side to fill his spot.

If Rivers goes to the Giants and Boley gets moved to MLB how do you like their values?

I just took a flyer on River s in my dyansty league.

We start 4 LB and Im looking a little old and broken right now. If Vilam goes away for a while then I am really struggling - in fact given Saints signings Im struggliny anyway.

Im hoping Rivers gets a chance to redeem himself at MLB.

Rivers (6-2, 235) is a weakside linebacker, a spot inhabited by Michael Boley, who is coming off his best season with the Giants. Second-year players Jacquian Williams and Spencer Paysinger also play on the weak wide, making it quite likely if the Giants are adamant about getting their three best linebackers on the field, Boley could be making a move inside to middle linebacker.

The Giants have Mathias Kiwanuka starting at strong side linebacker and there is always a chance he returns to his natural spot at defensive end, although there’s no starting role available.

“This is an excellent opportunity for him to have a fresh start,” Tom Coughlin said. “Keith is versatile enough to play the outside on first and second down and he can play on third down because he runs well. And he’s fast enough to rush the passer.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/new_giants_lb_rivers_excited_for_3DWzeWvU7NhmQasdcCg0KM#ixzz1rtKaHXa9

Let's be clear. Rivers has plenty of value for fantasy IF he is healthy all year and IF they move Boley inside and use Rivers on the WLB spot. (That is a lot of If's but he is worth taking a risk on I think.) He is a High Risk and High Reward type. If he is healthy I think Jene would agree Rivers is an LB2 most likely

Last edited by a moderator:
WLB is more likely, but as a new, gambling owner, Im just praying for MLB but its a long shot.

In my dynasty team he is a one year rental. I think he has potential for LB2/3 numbers which helps me bridge a gap and roll the dice in the draft.

If he falls flat then he cost me nothing.

WLB is more likely, but as a new, gambling owner, Im just praying for MLB but its a long shot.In my dynasty team he is a one year rental. I think he has potential for LB2/3 numbers which helps me bridge a gap and roll the dice in the draft.If he falls flat then he cost me nothing.
Didn't Rivers play MLB at USC?

I came across this article giving some insight as of now to the linebacker situation for the NY Giants. Looks like Chase Blackburn will be the MLB for now with an opportunity for Herzlich, Jones, and possibly Rivers to compete for it. Doesn't look like Boley is in the running for the middle spot.

I found it while reading a post about Korey Williams on my alma mater's (Southern Miss) Rivals site. Korey was a great leader and good MLB at Southern Miss and blew his knee out around week 4 of his senior season. He stayed on the team and remained a defensive leader to help motivate/coach up his team mates. I know NY has lots of depth at LB but I hope he continues to impress and earns a spot on the team to play along fellow Southern Miss alum Michael Boley. Sorry for the alumni homerism side story.

I don't think it matters much where Boley lines up. He is by far the most valuable LB on the Giants. Blackburn, or whomever wins the other job, is at best a LB5 in a 16-team league (meaning ignore).

Users who are viewing this thread