What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

D Hawthorne (1 Viewer)

Thats what its saying. What i'm guessing is Lofton plays 2 downs, and Hawthorne stays in nickel and dime packages

Right Mr. Bramel?

I'm not sure anyone can tell right now what the LB lineup will look like in New Orleans. They certainly have a lot of options at this point.

Well, I'm a little bummed about Hawthorne now. I would have much rather him stay put in Seattle.

On the other hand......Hello KJ Wright!

Some disjointed thoughts...

[*]Lots of flexibility and versatility in this group. Vilma, Lofton, Hawthorne, Wilson can all play multiple positions.

[*]I don't buy the fleeting Twitter speculation that a deep group of linebackers could mean a hybrid front. It's not Spagnuolo's style and they don't have the pass rushers or defensive line to make it work.

[*]The bounty issue plays a role here, but Vilma has been a mess against the run for much of the past two seasons. The Saints were after both guys very early and it's not because they're anything special in coverage.

[*]The competition for subpackage roles and which subpackage Spagnuolo chooses to play will be very interesting to see.

[*]I felt arguments that Roman Harper would decline post Gregg Williams were a little lazy -- the list of strong statistical perfomances from Spagnuolo safeties is long -- but his opportunity will take a hit behind this group.

[*]Gut says Wilson LOLB / Lofton MLB / Hawthorne ROLB, with a rotation of subpackage options to possibly include Casillas. I doubt Vilma ever sees a large role in New Orleans again.

[*]KJ Wright and Malcolm Smith are going to get a long look in Seattle, but it's hard to see them not adding at least one more linebacker prospect in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per ESPN:“According to a source, Hawthorne had a two-year offer on the table from the Seahawks, but Seattle rescinded it Tuesday afternoon.”
Wonder if Seattle has a trade in the works for a LB. Seems the most logical reason for rescinding an offer.

Per ESPN:

“According to a source, Hawthorne had a two-year offer on the table from the Seahawks, but Seattle rescinded it Tuesday afternoon.”
Wonder if Seattle has a trade in the works for a LB. Seems the most logical reason for rescinding an offer.
Seahawks zeroing on Kuechly.
The New Orleans Saints have agreed to terms with linebacker David Hawthorne on a five-year contract.

Hawthorne spent the past four years with the Seattle Seahawks. He has recorded more than 100 tackles in each of the past three seasons.

The 246-pound TCU product has 350 tackles, six sacks, seven interceptions and five forced fumbles in 61 career games with Seattle.
And the last team I wanted Hawthorne with was the Saints. :kicksrock:

Jene, who do you see winning the job in Seattle? Wright, Smith, or a drafted upgrade?
I think they'll draft at least one player capable of playing inside in the first four rounds. Pete Carroll is on record saying the LB market was affected as much by the depth of prospects (he noted that there were as many as 10-12 in his mind) as the depth of veteran free agents.Smith won't play inside, his best fit is as a flow-and-chase WLB. So, I think it's clearly Wright unless/until the Seahawks show their hand on draft weekend.

Ok, sounds like Smith is a cut candidate for my rookie draft or a sell to some owner without the Bramel in their life. :yes:

Per Larry Holder:

@LHolderCBS: Lofton at MLB, Hawthorne at WLB, Shanle at SLB, Vitt said. Casillas signed his tender. Also if Vilma was healthy, Lofton would be SLB.

Users who are viewing this thread