What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas LB Situation. Best guess! (1 Viewer)

TARK-D-SHARK

Footballguy
so what happens now with the loss of Lee? there are alot of theories out there

Durant - took snaps at MLB

hitchens - took snaps at MLB

Hollaman - played MLB when Lee went down last year, took snaps at OTAs

McClain - they just traded for him. is there anything there? or is he just insurance.

Carter- WLB, but does his value go up?

Church - Starting SS last year, huge year. does he repeat?

Wilcox - not sure, does he have any increased value?

Does anyone have any insite? Training camp will sort this out, but several of these LBs are available for my dynasty draft, i just don't know which one to target. is this just gonna be a garbled mess all year, or does someone take over and produce at least LB2 #s?

Whats your best guess!

Kinda like Buffalo, probably a messy rotation with their best LB being an inconsistent #3 while whoever is the starting SS is looking at stud #'s.

I would guess Carter WLB and Church SS get a few more tackles, as whoever replaces Lee will likely not be close to the tackle machine like he is. Also a weaker defense should mean more time on the field and more opportunities for numbers

After clearly struggling out of the gate, Bruce Carter quietly put up 41-13 tackle numbers in the second half of 2013 (7 games; out Wk 15). That prorates to 94-30 over a full season.

Even though he has limited big play historical stats, I think Carter's athleticism and position in the scheme suggests the potential is there.

Now getting tough-love coaching from Marinelli, one of the best in the business.

Carter could be a great high-end LB2 available at bargain basement prices this year.

Some sort of committee where no one holds much value....... Barry Church is the biggest IdP benefactor

Don't count out McClain. I think he has the motivation to actually use some of his skills. Once training camp happens if he doesnt show up then cut him. But if he does do something will be too late to get him. Worth the risk now. Durant has let me down too many times.

Rookie fourth-round pick Anthony Hitchens said he took all of the first-team middle linebacker repetitions in practice Thursday in front of veteran Rolando McClain, who was back practicing after he missed Wednesday with cramps. Hitchens was flanked by Justin Durant and Bruce Carter as first-team outside linebackers.

The Cowboys drafted Hitchens to be Sean Lee’s backup, but after they worked him at middle linebacker throughout the off-season they had him work mostly at weak-side linebacker in training camp. He’s spent this week back at middle linebacker.

“I’ve been moving back and forth,” Hitchens said. “I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved me again. I’m just trying to learn as much as I can right now.”

Hitchens said he expects to play two to three quarters in the club’s third preseason game Saturday at Miami.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/dallas-cowboys-rookie-anthony-hitchens-takes-all-first-team-reps-at-mlb-in-practice-thursday.html/

Rookie fourth-round pick Anthony Hitchens said he took all of the first-team middle linebacker repetitions in practice Thursday in front of veteran Rolando McClain, who was back practicing after he missed Wednesday with cramps. Hitchens was flanked by Justin Durant and Bruce Carter as first-team outside linebackers.

The Cowboys drafted Hitchens to be Sean Lee’s backup, but after they worked him at middle linebacker throughout the off-season they had him work mostly at weak-side linebacker in training camp. He’s spent this week back at middle linebacker.

“I’ve been moving back and forth,” Hitchens said. “I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved me again. I’m just trying to learn as much as I can right now.”

Hitchens said he expects to play two to three quarters in the club’s third preseason game Saturday at Miami.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/dallas-cowboys-rookie-anthony-hitchens-takes-all-first-team-reps-at-mlb-in-practice-thursday.html/
Yay! Clear as mud. At least Holloman is out of the picture. Unfortunate situation for him though....

I'm not gonna overthink his value. He's a 3 down LB I a terrible defense. Lots of tackles, few big plays, tons of snaps.

Kirk Morrison 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread