What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JPP- is his back "back"? (1 Viewer)

themojoworkin

Footballguy
I was wondering how JPP has looked thus far in the preseason. He's the kind of player that can win you a league- if he is healthy. That is a BIG if.

This is the kind of thing that is entirely someone's opinion- has he looked good, like the dominant JPP of old? Or the hobbled JPP of the last few years?

In this situation, I thought I'd look for some info, but there is not a lot out there.

From Michael Eisen, Giants writer in a chat last week:

What's up with JPP? A ton of talk and with a one-game exception, no production. Plus, I haven't seen him double-teamed.
-Peter

Dear Peter,

Nothing is wrong with Jason Pierre-Paul that the regular-season won’t cure. As he repeated again yesterday, his primary preseason goal is to stay healthy, as it is for so many players. He is working on his technique, getting a faster take off at the snap and improving his run-stopping. Would he like to have a sack? Of course, he would – who wouldn’t? But JPP is more concerned with preparing for the regular season than making a splash on the preseason stat sheet. Wait until the regular season before you judge him or any other player.

Well, that is far from inspiring. Sounds like he hasn't been very special, except a few splash plays. No sacks isn't horribly worrisome, except that is 4+ quarters without a sack from JPP.

This from Big Blue View:

Jason Pierre-Paul -- Maybe I am picking on the guy, but Pierre-Paul played the first half and the only place his name appears on the stat sheet is under 'snaps played.' He missed a tackle at the line of scrimmage that turned into an 18-yard run for Chris Ivory. JPP keeps promising that he will be a force when the regular season starts. Maybe he will be, but it would have been nice if he had shown at least a little bit more in the preseason.

And this talking about PFF grades from the last game.

The disappointment: Bet you thought it was Jason Pierre-Paul, right? Nah. Not even close. Markus Kuhn has a grade of -4.3, mostly for his work (or lack thereof) in the run game. He really needs to get it together because there are some really talented players on this defensive line ready to take his spot.

The surprise: I didn't know what to think of this defensive line, but it's been the most impressive group of this team thus far. It's true, Jason Pierre-Paul has the worst grade of the top four defensive ends on the roster, but that grade is +1.8. JPP has racked up five pressures thus far along with some good work in the run game....

What are people seeing/hearing on JPP? 5 pressures in how many snaps?

Confused in San Diego

Users who are viewing this thread