What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you're a solid RB away from being a title contender --- WW or t (1 Viewer)

So honestly, this is a bone-head question, but I'll answer it anyway before someone else flames you.

If you're an RB away from being a title contender, you get the RB you need however you can...without doing something that will take away from your chances for being a title contender.

If you can make a trade for the RB you need without losing whatever you think makes you "an RB away from a title contender," then do it.

If you can't make a trade or there's a better option on the WW and you can get that guy, do that.

I'm going to assume the question pertains to dynasty and that's he's talking about going all in with a trade that gives up his future vs holding out hope for an injury and maintaining course.

In that case, I say find the guy who's at 1-6 and see what value RBs he has available - if you could get a Bradshaw type without giving up a future first, I'd go that route. Acquire the cheaper vet from a guy rebuilding.

If there's a solid RB on the ww then there's something wrong with your league or it's an 8 team league.
Also it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility for many many leagues that someone like Denard Robinson was available as of 48 hours ago. Not everyone plays in 40 man roster leagues where Adrian Peterson's kid was rostered since conception.

all depends on who you can get and what you have to give up. WW is always preferable because you don't have to weaken your lineup but they often aren't as impactful and reliable as trade candidates.

bigmarc27 said:
I'm going to assume the question pertains to dynasty and that's he's talking about going all in with a trade that gives up his future vs holding out hope for an injury and maintaining course.

In that case, I say find the guy who's at 1-6 and see what value RBs he has available - if you could get a Bradshaw type without giving up a future first, I'd go that route. Acquire the cheaper vet from a guy rebuilding.
Very good line of thinking. That would be my track.

Users who are viewing this thread