What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dontario Poe (1 Viewer)

rlwomack

Footballguy
Any thoughts on the rookie DT from Memphis. He seemed to excel at the combine.

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 346 lbs

4.98/40

1.68/10 yd split

44 reps on bench

29.5" vertical leap

8'9" broad jump

Mike Mayock seemed to be blown away by his performance.

Would he be worth a late round or FA pickup in DT required format?

Poe's Combine Profile

Last edited by a moderator:
My $.02...

Completely dependent upon landing spot.

If he winds up as a strict NT for a 3-4 team(which he is perfectly suited for), then his FF prospects are probably pretty negligible. He'd probably have to be used in a role similar to Ngata(where he's shifted to end sometimes) to be "fantasy productive" as a NT, and that really isn't his game. He's a mauler, not a rusher.

If he winds up as the noseguard in a 4-3(particularly if he's lining up next a good Undertackle), then I'd say he's worth a shot in DT required formats.

Is there a nose in a 4-3?

In a 3-4, he will get doubled and basically be asked to take up blockers and not get pushed off the LOS. aka Casey Hampton.

In a 4-3, he could be more aggressive and get some sacks, more tackles and plays. aka Suh.

Thing is, which we wont know until September, is what his team does with him on passing downs, I assume he stays on the field, might be be more of rush DT/DE in a 2-3 down line? The Steelers could use him 50 different ways, but he had to go run a 4.88 and bench 44 reps. He'll be top 15 now. :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread