What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

jeter23

Footballguy
Post all completed dynasty trades here. This is not the place to ask for advice.

Include all relevant details - PPR, # of teams, starting lineups etc.

Got Sam Bradford

Gave Kolb, and rookie picks 15, 20, and 27.

I have Freeman and Locker along with picks 3 and 5 which could end up being Luck or RG3 but I like Bradford. I also have too many picks for roster slots.

Not an IDP league - I probably wouldn't have done it with IDP.

Last edited by a moderator:
traded for Brady, Bush and 1st rd 2nd pick 2012, and 1st rd pick 2013.

for

luck, Peterson

Salary league... and Luck is very expensive.

12 team PPR, start 1QB

Got Sam Bradford and 2012 2.5 for Roethlisberger.

I also have Vick.

12 team PPR, start 1QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE

Got 2012 1.6, 2012 3.4 and Josh Freeman for DeMarco Murray

Was pretty stacked at RB and hope to turn the 1.6 into a WR1

12 team league, .5PPR, start 1/2/3/1.

I gave: Sydney Rice, Riley Cooper, Ridley, 1.07, 2.04

I got: Jennings, 1.05

He had Peteraon, so I dangled a young RB. He is a big Vikings homer, so I played upon his Packer hatred. Cooper was going to be a cut to make room for rookies. Trying to trade up as I wouldn't have the roster space for the 2.04. I like Jennings much more than Rice; not sure he can shake the injury bug.

12 team PPR, start 1QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TEGot 2012 1.6, 2012 3.4 and Josh Freeman for DeMarco MurrayWas pretty stacked at RB and hope to turn the 1.6 into a WR1
Interesting haul for Murray. As a Murray owner in multiple leagues, i would have not made this exact deal since I am not a Freeman fan. The 1.06 will get a nice player this year, don't get me wrong. Maybe for the 1.06 and a young WR that i liked (or the 2013 1st)

12 team, Keep 12, non-ppr.

RIght after this weekend's games, traded

Flynn, Denarius Moore, J Ford, V Brown, 2012 1.10 pick

For

2012 1.01 pick

Was probably only going to keep D Moore from that group so I feel like it was basically Moore and 1.10 for 1.01.

Other team has a horrible roster without enough decent players to get to 12 keepers IMHO so I went quantity over quality to get a chance at Richardson.

12 Team PPR - roster 20 before rookie draft

Traded 1.4, 3.8 & Josh Freeman

For

Soon as he was awarded the pick I was one him. Took about a week but he finally agreed to this. I was pleasently surprised when I received this counter. Freeman was very expendable seeing I have Brady and Tebow. I was ready to commit much more.

'HAM said:
12 Team PPR - roster 20 before rookie draftTraded 1.4, 3.8 & Josh FreemanFor1.1Soon as he was awarded the pick I was one him. Took about a week but he finally agreed to this. I was pleasently surprised when I received this counter. Freeman was very expendable seeing I have Brady and Tebow. I was ready to commit much more.
That's another one that's going to sting for the other guy.

12 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE and a flex. Max 4 year contracts for non-rookies.

Traded pick 1.09, 2.05, Denarius Moore (4 yr), M.Flynn (3 yr)

received

Dez Bryant (2 yr), Golden Tate (up to 4 yr)

12 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE and a flex. Max 4 year contracts for non-rookies.

not me:

traded D.Heyward-Bey (1 yr)

for

J.Cook (3 yr)

Leagues been around for 9 years, switching to PPR for 2012. 10 teams, 8 keepers

Mcfadden, Ingram, Royster

was traded for

Pick 82, #2 after keepers.

12 team league, .5PPR, start 1/2/3/1. I gave: Sydney Rice, Riley Cooper, Ridley, 1.07, 2.04I got: Jennings, 1.05He had Peteraon, so I dangled a young RB. He is a big Vikings homer, so I played upon his Packer hatred. Cooper was going to be a cut to make room for rookies. Trying to trade up as I wouldn't have the roster space for the 2.04. I like Jennings much more than Rice; not sure he can shake the injury bug.
Rice, Ridley and the 2.04 isn't enough for Jennings yet you also got to move up 2 spots.

'DexterDew said:
12 team PPR, start 1QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TEGot 2012 1.6, 2012 3.4 and Josh Freeman for DeMarco MurrayWas pretty stacked at RB and hope to turn the 1.6 into a WR1
Interesting haul for Murray. As a Murray owner in multiple leagues, i would have not made this exact deal since I am not a Freeman fan. The 1.06 will get a nice player this year, don't get me wrong. Maybe for the 1.06 and a young WR that i liked (or the 2013 1st)
I think it's a good time to sell high on Murray.

'dwyadog said:
Leagues been around for 9 years, switching to PPR for 2012. 10 teams, 8 keepersMcfadden, Ingram, Roysterwas traded for Pick 82, #2 after keepers.
Whoa. Unpack this one a bit for me. What type of player is around for #82?Hard to believe that whoever it is is worth two top-10-15 type dynasty backs with upside plus another young wild card? Is this trade as bad as it seems? Or is that Cornelius Ingram & Bryant McFadden? :lmao:

'dwyadog said:
Leagues been around for 9 years, switching to PPR for 2012. 10 teams, 8 keepersMcfadden, Ingram, Roysterwas traded for Pick 82, #2 after keepers.
Whoa. Unpack this one a bit for me. What type of player is around for #82?Hard to believe that whoever it is is worth two top-10-15 type dynasty backs with upside plus another young wild card? Is this trade as bad as it seems? Or is that Cornelius Ingram & Bryant McFadden? :lmao:
The first 80 picks is the keepers as I read it. So basically he got the 1.02 rookie draft pick. Still bad but not ######ed

'dwyadog said:
The first 80 picks is the keepers as I read it. So basically he got the 1.02 rookie draft pick. Still bad but not ######ed
Yes the first 80 picks are keepers so its the 1.02 rookie draft pick. Strange things happen in 10 team leagues with 8 or more keepers. The team that traded away mcfadden already had secured the 1.01 rookie pick, basically he had 12+ keepers after hitting on several late round gems this past year. I figured there might be other folks in that position so I put it in the thread.

10 team start-2-QB.

Traded...

2012 1.4

2012 2.10

2012 5.10

for...

2012 2.8

2013 1st,2nd,3rd round picks (of course order not determined yet, but this team is average at best)

Greg McElroy

:mellow:

'dwyadog said:
Yes the first 80 picks are keepers so its the 1.02 rookie draft pick. Strange things happen in 10 team leagues with 8 or more keepers. The team that traded away mcfadden already had secured the 1.01 rookie pick, basically he had 12+ keepers after hitting on several late round gems this past year. I figured there might be other folks in that position so I put it in the thread.
Not to dwell on this one particular trade, but I'm intrigued as to who this guy's other keepers were, to make RBs like McFadden & Ingram expendable...

10 team start-2-QB.

Traded...

2012 1.4

2012 1.202012 5.10

for...

2012 1.18

2013 1st,2nd,3rd round picks (of course order not determined yet, but this team is average at best)

Greg McElroy

:mellow:
Is this 10 or 20 teams? Either way it's a terrible trade. Guy is moving down 14 spots and really getting very little back.

To me it looks like 2012 1.04 for 2013 1st, 2nd, 3rd which is a bad trade. In a 2QB league 1.04 is luck, rg3, Richardson or Blackmon.

'cstu said:
'Yitbos69 said:
Team A gave: Josh Johnson/Barden/1.01/2.11/3.03/4.06Team B gave: Charles/Leshoure/1.04
Terrible trade by Team B. He's going to really regret that in two years.
Doubt it takes 2 years for regret to set in. Horrible trade. And I'm a big Richardson fan.

"Not to dwell on this one particular trade, but I'm intrigued as to who this guy's other keepers were, to make RBs like McFadden & Ingram expendable... "

Switching to PPR this year he seems to have fallen in love with Murray for some reason.

His current RB's: Foster, Mccoy, Murray, Tate, Ridley, Vereen

Probable 8 keepers: Stafford, Foster, Mccoy, Murray, Fitz, Wallace, Nicks, Gronk. Start 2rb/2wr 1 flex. Now has picks 1.01, 1.02, 1.10, 2.01. This guy was league champ last year with a stacked team, picked up stafford/gronk on the turn this year and hit on several more guys late. Seems to be a guy like this in every league I'm in.

ETA: I don't want to dwell on it too much either but im seeing that the 8-10 keeper leagues seem to be very different than 1-6 keeper or full dynasty. A weird tweener situation almost, perhaps theyre exceptionally rare or something, don't get a lot of discussion. Apologies if it isn't appropriate to clog up a pure dynasty thread with dynasty-lite stuff.

Non-ppr and bonus league:

Team A receives: Marshall/B. Lloyd

Team B receives: 1.2

Developmental player league with college players with tiered ppr scoring (0.5/1.0/1.5 for RB/WR/TE):

Team A receives: Romo/R. Bush

Team B receives: Torrey Smith/Knile Davis/Ryan Fitzpatrick

'cstu said:
'Yitbos69 said:
Team A gave: Josh Johnson/Barden/1.01/2.11/3.03/4.06Team B gave: Charles/Leshoure/1.04
Doubt it takes 2 years for regret to set in. Horrible trade. And I'm a big Richardson fan.
Damn, you're going to HATE the trade I just made today then.Just traded Forte and the 1.08 for the rights to Richardson, and Kevin Smith.

Jambo Broncos will give

Brown, Donald IND RB

Thomas, Daniel MIA RB

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

To Team, I am disappoint. for

McFadden, Darren OAK RB

Winslow, Kellen TBB TE

Draft position is 12.

16 team .5 PPR, I'm not either team.

Just made the following. Note, this is a start 2QB league so QB value is inflated. But still.

Trade Away:

Jay Cutler

Brandon Marshall

Mario Manningham

Received:

Adrian Peterson

Jeremy Maclin

Vincent Jackson

12 team PPR

Trade 1

Team A got

M Forte, J Best and K Smith

Team B got

P Hillis, Felix and Julio

Trade 2

Team A got

Vick, Flynn, Vereen, G Tate and F Davis

Team B got

Bradford, Spiller, V Brown, Torrey Smith and K Boss

'cstu said:
'Yitbos69 said:
Team A gave: Josh Johnson/Barden/1.01/2.11/3.03/4.06

Team B gave: Charles/Leshoure/1.04
It is not a deal I ever would have done, but it is not that horrible. I could see someone like EBF making this trade - if one believes Richardson is a mortal lock to succeed in the NFL, then one could justify giving up two injured players whom we have no guarantee will ever fully recover from their injuries, plus what normally is a 2nd tier 1st round rookie pick. Also, while the 2.11 and 3.03 picks can be viewed as throw-ins, one might get lucky with them.However, Charles seems likely to at some point to return close to 100% from his ACL injury and if that is the case, then the transaction is a wash at best and that is assuming that Richardson is not only everything as advertised, but also lands in the right situation (see Jonathan Stewart). And then the trade would become a loser if Team A also hits big on the 1.04 pick and/or Leshore fully recovers from his Achilles injury and succeeds in Detroit. Again, I don't like this trade, but it has the potential to work out well for Team B.

Jambo Broncos will giveBrown, Donald IND RBThomas, Daniel MIA RBKeller, Dustin NYJ TEYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jambo BroncosYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Jambo BroncosTo Team, I am disappoint. forMcFadden, Darren OAK RBWinslow, Kellen TBB TEDraft position is 12. 16 team .5 PPR, I'm not either team.
Love getting McFadden for a bunch of parts.

'cstu said:
'Yitbos69 said:
Team A gave: Josh Johnson/Barden/1.01/2.11/3.03/4.06

Team B gave: Charles/Leshoure/1.04
It is not a deal I ever would have done, but it is not that horrible. I could see someone like EBF making this trade - if one believes Richardson is a mortal lock to succeed in the NFL, then one could justify giving up two injured players whom we have no guarantee will ever fully recover from their injuries, plus what normally is a 2nd tier 1st round rookie pick. Also, while the 2.11 and 3.03 picks can be viewed as throw-ins, one might get lucky with them.However, Charles seems likely to at some point to return close to 100% from his ACL injury and if that is the case, then the transaction is a wash at best and that is assuming that Richardson is not only everything as advertised, but also lands in the right situation (see Jonathan Stewart). And then the trade would become a loser if Team A also hits big on the 1.04 pick and/or Leshore fully recovers from his Achilles injury and succeeds in Detroit. Again, I don't like this trade, but it has the potential to work out well for Team B.
Yeah, the trade is fine. It boils down to Charles/1.4 for 1.1. It's worth it if you want Richardson more than Charles, especially if your team is set up well at QB and don't want RG3 at 1.4.

'thriftyrocker said:
'Donsmith753 said:
Jambo Broncos will giveBrown, Donald IND RBThomas, Daniel MIA RBKeller, Dustin NYJ TEYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jambo BroncosYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Jambo BroncosTo Team, I am disappoint. forMcFadden, Darren OAK RBWinslow, Kellen TBB TEDraft position is 12. 16 team .5 PPR, I'm not either team.
Love getting McFadden for a bunch of parts.
The same teams have since done another deal.Jambo Broncos gave up:Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Jambo BroncosTeam, I am disappoint. gave up:Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jambo BroncosI'm the buckeyes and it's the #16 draft slot.

Team A Gets:

L. McCoy

2012 4.10

Team B Gets:

H. Nicks

2012 1.06

10 team ppr, start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex/idp

Team B still has McFadden, Chris Johnson, and Foster at RB, and Bowe, Decker, Jacoby Jones, Maclin, S. Rice at WR.

Team A has ADP, Mendy, Jstew at RB, with Megatron, AJ Green, Crabtree, Robinson at WR.

12 team PPR

Gave WR Torrey Smith

Got RB Beanie Wells
Not concerned about Ryan Williams?I don't think Torrey's ceiling is very high, but he looks like he'll but up WR2 numbers.
I think Williams will be a good complementary back, but I don't think he'll take Wells' job. He'll be active in the passing game, something Wells isn't involved with anyway. And that presumes no setbacks due to the patella tendon. Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one, it's not a sure thing. Wells will come back with a healthy knee and should look more like he did before the last 5-6 games. I also see this team's defense and QB play improving over last year, which means more opportunity overall. 250 carries again for Wells shouldn't be a problem, and with a better YPC.I like Torrey Smith. I drafted him in 3 of the HyperActive leagues last year, ignoring some of the talking heads' criticisms and now feel like my belief in him was justified. I think he has a bright future.

I didn't enjoy giving Smith up in this league, but with my other RBs either getting into their late 20s and the future limited (Sproles, Benson, Grant) or their situation/production uncertain (Helu (due to Shanny), Starks, Blount, Ridley), I decided that when this offer was made to me I'd take it and get a 24 year old, 250 carry guy.

first trade of the off-season and I'm clearly rusty. MEANT to offer McCluster for R. Jennings and a 2nd, but missed the draft pick box. So traded McCluster straight up for Jennings :bag:

12 team PPR dynasty Team A gave- 1.09, Brandon Lloyd Team B gave- 1.05
The 5th and 9th picks look like crapshoots so to get Lloyd out of it is a good deal. I'll assume someone wants Luck or RG3 at the 5, if they're desperate for a QB I can understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread