What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

To All Fallout Fans (1 Viewer)

dcgator

Footballguy
Heard the location for Fallout 4 is going to be Boston. No word from Bethesda on if this true, however the rumor comes from some folks who work at MIT and have seen the Bethesda guys snooping around the facility. Should the rumor be true, what do you think of Boston as a Fallout theater?

I like it that it's close to a lot of other cities, and unique geoghry. Also, I'd love to go around hunting any red sox feral ghouls that might still exist. Too bad they probably won't be wearing those stupid pink red sox hats.

Heard the location for Fallout 4 is going to be Boston. No word from Bethesda on if this true, however the rumor comes from some folks who work at MIT and have seen the Bethesda guys snooping around the facility. Should the rumor be true, what do you think of Boston as a Fallout theater?

I like it that it's close to a lot of other cities, and unique geoghry. Also, I'd love to go around hunting any red sox feral ghouls that might still exist. Too bad they probably won't be wearing those stupid pink red sox hats.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: AWESOME. This almost makes me wanna go check this out even though I dunno what the hell it is.

What exactly does Boston have to offer for a game like this besides an American setting with trees?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Boston give you that NYC wouldn't?
I'd imagine that in the Fallout Universe NYC was the first target hit when the nukes started dropping and they didn't let up until the nukes stopped dropping. IMO, having an NYC that capable of sustaining any sort of life would be difficult for many fans to accept. Though I guess you could argue the same for DC as well. Regardless, it will be hard to top New Vegas. I hope Bethesda hired some of Obsidians's writers. I find Beth's stories to be somewhat lacking at times. Obsidian knew exactly what they were doing.

Regardless, it will be hard to top New Vegas. I hope Bethesda hired some of Obsidians's writers. I find Beth's stories to be somewhat lacking at times. Obsidian knew exactly what they were doing.
Blasphemy.
Really? It's pretty well established that the main plots suck in just about every Bethesda game ever. As for Boston, in the fallout lore MIT survived the war and is basically the only place in the world where technological advance wasn't drastically set back. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

Just started playing Fallout New Las Vegas a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it even more so then I did Fallout 3. Any idea of when Fallout 4 might be scheduled for released?

Just started playing Fallout New Las Vegas a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it even more so then I did Fallout 3. Any idea of when Fallout 4 might be scheduled for released?
Nobody knows. If the rumors are true and the Bethesda team is just now getting around town to do research it may be a few years off. I don't really care what city they choose, to be honest, though I do hope they at least hint towards hitch ending in New Vegas is cannon.

Bumping this thread as I see no need to start a new one. Don't know the OP at all, so apologies to the unknown OP for taking over a thread. The video game thread has been bogged down with Fallout 3 and to a lesser extant New Vegas talk and the request has been made to take it out of that thread and start or use another. And so, here we are.

So, to continue that last thread without quoting a whole host of stuff.....

NC - you mentioned I can sell the map coordinates to the Rangers once I finish that side quest - so I am guessing that when I start a new game from the beginning it would be smart to again hold off on this mission until I get the explorer perk to maximize my return on that? Or is something I can keep going back for to get paid on as I discover stuff?

(Yes, I know there is a wiki page for the game. I've read it when I have time - I enjoy the banter as much as the information. )

I havent played FO: NV recently, its been about a week or so -- currently doing main mission as well as companion quests

Bumping this thread as I see no need to start a new one. Don't know the OP at all, so apologies to the unknown OP for taking over a thread. The video game thread has been bogged down with Fallout 3 and to a lesser extant New Vegas talk and the request has been made to take it out of that thread and start or use another. And so, here we are.

So, to continue that last thread without quoting a whole host of stuff.....

NC - you mentioned I can sell the map coordinates to the Rangers once I finish that side quest - so I am guessing that when I start a new game from the beginning it would be smart to again hold off on this mission until I get the explorer perk to maximize my return on that? Or is something I can keep going back for to get paid on as I discover stuff?

(Yes, I know there is a wiki page for the game. I've read it when I have time - I enjoy the banter as much as the information. )
Yeah you keep going back with new locations and they keep paying. They give you a device you have to carry as you explore so it will record the new locations.I wait until I have discovered a bunch then go back and collect. The first time you sell them it's a real windfall as you probably have over a hundred locations discovered.

I wanna say the OP was Gator Shawn, but I'm not for certain. A Fallout 4 would be the first new gen game that would get me to buy a console. Of course, that's assuming that my PC couldn't run it.

Yeah, I think I will definately be in the market for Fallout 4 but I hate the idea of buying another console - it would be a tough call on my end. I might pick up NewVegas though. I'm still in the process of upgrading my XBox so that I can download the DLC's for FO3.

I would totally drop everything and buy a XB1 or PS4 if FO: 4 came out.

:X

Why would you do that? So like in New Vegas, you can get a DLC which lets you get to a higher level... but oh yeah, it also causes all of your saved games to stop loading so you can never actually get a higher level, and they never fix the bug?

I love the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, but playing them on console sucks at horrific levels if playing on PC is an option. Especially if you just throw an xbox controller on the PC.

Why would you do that? So like in New Vegas, you can get a DLC which lets you get to a higher level... but oh yeah, it also causes all of your saved games to stop loading so you can never actually get a higher level, and they never fix the bug?

I love the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, but playing them on console sucks at horrific levels if playing on PC is an option. Especially if you just throw an xbox controller on the PC.
Because I dont have a gaming PC?

:sadbanana:

I have only played Elder Scrolls and Fallout on console. Other than some minor glitches it's been good. I haven't downloaded the DLC for NV yet so I can't comment on that.

I'd like to see the setting not be in the US. Maybe show us how Europe was affected by the nuclear war. Alternatively, I'd like to see it set a lot further in the future where the technology level of the setting has increased substantially from the previous games. I've kind of had my fill of "tribes" of people living in huts.

I'd like to see the setting not be in the US. Maybe show us how Europe was affected by the nuclear war. Alternatively, I'd like to see it set a lot further in the future where the technology level of the setting has increased substantially from the previous games. I've kind of had my fill of "tribes" of people living in huts.
I find the setting pretty funny. I haven't even seen screen shots of 1 and 2 so I don't know what they offer. I kind like the idea of possibly seeing another country though. It would be cool if they could figure out a way to make Fallout 4 somekind of continuation of three the way a madden or NCAA game does. Load your FO3 story into it, but then you play from somewhere else that is effected as a result of what you did in FO3 - like the Brotherhood is down too many people to stop something somewhere else or something like that.

You could go nuts with it though - DC is close enough to a lot of main cities that they could release newer versions of 3 for Baltimore and places like that. Maybe even allow fast travel from far away cities back into the capital.

I find the setting pretty funny. I haven't even seen screen shots of 1 and 2 so I don't know what they offer. I kind like the idea of possibly seeing another country though. It would be cool if they could figure out a way to make Fallout 4 somekind of continuation of three the way a madden or NCAA game does. Load your FO3 story into it, but then you play from somewhere else that is effected as a result of what you did in FO3 - like the Brotherhood is down too many people to stop something somewhere else or something like that.

You could go nuts with it though - DC is close enough to a lot of main cities that they could release newer versions of 3 for Baltimore and places like that. Maybe even allow fast travel from far away cities back into the capital.
You could really open it up and do the whole East Coast. Probably have to introduce some vehicles though.

Because I dont have a gaming PC?

:sadbanana:
Yes, but you don't have an XB1 or a PS4 either. If this is why you're going to make a purchase...

I have only played Elder Scrolls and Fallout on console. Other than some minor glitches it's been good. I haven't downloaded the DLC for NV yet so I can't comment on that.
It's not just bugs, though the Vegas DLC one was huge. And Skyrim DLC's on the PS3 were downright unethical in how they handled them.

The main reason though to play on PC over console if you can, is all of the end user created content. The unofficial patches created by end users fix far more than the official patches do, and often better. And then the actual additions to the games... new quests, areas to explore, new weapons, equipment, new functionality, etc. I have a lot more experience with the Elder Scrolls mods, but people have added things there like being able to ride a dragon into combat, or having large scale battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials that you can stumble into, with entire armies fighting. Or simple little tweaks like giving you options to have more followers and command them better, setting distance they should travel behind you at, whether they join in a fight or not, etc. Not to mention when you hit a bugged quest, being able to google how to open the game's behind the scenes console and set the quest past the bugged part so you can continue it.

And that's without modding them yourself. I made a ton of changes to Skyrim myself to change leveling rates to be more what I wanted, remove the glut of crafting resources and magic items from the economy, etc.

Anyway, sorry for how much that was up on my soap box. But playing these games on PC vs console is sort of like watching TV in HD or on standard def. Until you've experienced HD, you don't realize just how much the previous experience was lacking.

It's not just bugs, though the Vegas DLC one was huge. And Skyrim DLC's on the PS3 were downright unethical in how they handled them.

The main reason though to play on PC over console if you can, is all of the end user created content. The unofficial patches created by end users fix far more than the official patches do, and often better. And then the actual additions to the games... new quests, areas to explore, new weapons, equipment, new functionality, etc. I have a lot more experience with the Elder Scrolls mods, but people have added things there like being able to ride a dragon into combat, or having large scale battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials that you can stumble into, with entire armies fighting. Or simple little tweaks like giving you options to have more followers and command them better, setting distance they should travel behind you at, whether they join in a fight or not, etc. Not to mention when you hit a bugged quest, being able to google how to open the game's behind the scenes console and set the quest past the bugged part so you can continue it.

And that's without modding them yourself. I made a ton of changes to Skyrim myself to change leveling rates to be more what I wanted, remove the glut of crafting resources and magic items from the economy, etc.

Anyway, sorry for how much that was up on my soap box. But playing these games on PC vs console is sort of like watching TV in HD or on standard def. Until you've experienced HD, you don't realize just how much the previous experience was lacking.
Sure the mods are cool. I am a little jealous, some are kind of weird though. But I got tired of trying to keep up. Every couple of years buying or building a new computer. That is the value of the console. Not to mention with my Xbox 360 I have all the apps for stuff Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus. It's the entire environment created within owning the console. And those issues on PS3 with Skyrim? We didn't have those on Xbox. PS3 was horrible with Skyrim for a while as I recall. Not sure why really.

I find the setting pretty funny. I haven't even seen screen shots of 1 and 2 so I don't know what they offer. I kind like the idea of possibly seeing another country though. It would be cool if they could figure out a way to make Fallout 4 somekind of continuation of three the way a madden or NCAA game does. Load your FO3 story into it, but then you play from somewhere else that is effected as a result of what you did in FO3 - like the Brotherhood is down too many people to stop something somewhere else or something like that.You could go nuts with it though - DC is close enough to a lot of main cities that they could release newer versions of 3 for Baltimore and places like that. Maybe even allow fast travel from far away cities back into the capital.
Thatd be more like what Mass Effect did.

Good suggestion. For those of us outside the US there's less interest in seeing post apocalypse versions of the national landmarks. I'd actually like to see something less wasteland, more wilderness. Somewhere like New England with Boston as the central setting might be cool, would also be of more interest to me since I've been there.

I've loved both Fallout games I've played but they're quite bleak visually. In Skyrim I was going places just to see the view. :nerd:

Good suggestion. For those of us outside the US there's less interest in seeing post apocalypse versions of the national landmarks. I'd actually like to see something less wasteland, more wilderness. Somewhere like New England with Boston as the central setting might be cool, would also be of more interest to me since I've been there.

I've loved both Fallout games I've played but they're quite bleak visually. In Skyrim I was going places just to see the view. :nerd:
Nuclear winter is pretty bleak

I wish I had access to a few of the mods, but it was a great game in its own right and a gaming PC is pretty much the world's worst investment.

Because I dont have a gaming PC? :sadbanana:
You could build a decent gaming rig for the price of either of this consoles pretty easily.

Because I dont have a gaming PC? :sadbanana:
You could build a decent gaming rig for the price of either of this consoles pretty easily.
If I build a rig for that price, will it last 6-7 years or will you have to upgrade it every so often?

One thing I like about the consoles is you just pay once for a very long gaming cycle.

Planning on some solid 4 or 5 hours tonight after everyone goes to bed. Gotta finish up Reilly's Rangers and then finish up the Roosevelt Academy. From there.... the Regulators ting pisses me off. Hopefully she comes back. If not, I'm just going to nuke that HQ and take the negative karma because really, why not at this point. From there, I think I have to spend some time in the Metro system cleaning that up and finding all the goodies. I will also probably do an alternate save and finally just complete the final mission to get that satisfaction. Will be grabbing the hard drive soon so that I can play the DLC stuff on my main quest - although I'm giving some thought to starting a new game with all the DLC from the start with the plan to get my house in Megaton first, and then just explore every single area possible without touching the main story as much as is possible. Try to get a good level on my guy in the teens before I have to address the main story and just obliterate the missions on the very hard level.

The possibilities are endless.

Planning on some solid 4 or 5 hours tonight after everyone goes to bed. Gotta finish up Reilly's Rangers and then finish up the Roosevelt Academy. From there.... the Regulators ting pisses me off. Hopefully she comes back. If not, I'm just going to nuke that HQ and take the negative karma because really, why not at this point. From there, I think I have to spend some time in the Metro system cleaning that up and finding all the goodies. I will also probably do an alternate save and finally just complete the final mission to get that satisfaction. Will be grabbing the hard drive soon so that I can play the DLC stuff on my main quest - although I'm giving some thought to starting a new game with all the DLC from the start with the plan to get my house in Megaton first, and then just explore every single area possible without touching the main story as much as is possible. Try to get a good level on my guy in the teens before I have to address the main story and just obliterate the missions on the very hard level.

The possibilities are endless.
I tend to play this way in most of these. I am working the main story and then Squirrel! and I am off on a side mission,that leads to more side missions.

I would say if you get the DLC you are fine not restarting. Of course you will get more levels. I think all of it is best done after the main story. Although some like to do Operation Anchorage as soon as they can so they get the Winterized Power Armor. Broken Steel is such a seamless DLC I didn't even realize I wasn't still playing the main story.

Just got back to FO3 because of this thread (haven't playing a year or so, but recently play New Vegas.)

In loading up my "year ago" save, I was shocked to see I had 150+ stims... having recently played New Vegas, I never had more than 20 or so at a time. They are definitely different games in that respect.

Just got back to FO3 because of this thread (haven't playing a year or so, but recently play New Vegas.)

In loading up my "year ago" save, I was shocked to see I had 150+ stims... having recently played New Vegas, I never had more than 20 or so at a time. They are definitely different games in that respect.
Ive never used stims or ant drugs in FO3 and new vegas. Always sold all that stuff. I never had much trouble without them. Are they all that useful?

Ive never used stims or ant drugs in FO3 and new vegas. Always sold all that stuff. I never had much trouble without them. Are they all that useful?
More so early on really. I usually have a bunch on me. They are weightless. I think I have 100 right now. Other than Rad Away it's the only chem I keep. Even now deep in the game I have hit a couple of situations where stims have come in handy. When you are facing half a dozen Super Mutant Masters and Overlords armed with miniguns and tri-beam lasers they come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread